Sign in to follow this  
Impavido

Will ARMA II be 64-bit Vista-safe?

--Or am I going to have many many frustrating hours like I have had with Empire: Total War? :mad:

My ArmA 1 works great on Vista 64, why wouldn't ArmA II?

There were a few minor bugs over the past 2 years, but Nvidia with Suma's patches have cured them all for me. Most Issues were Nvidia/Vista related that effected several games.

Your ArmA I works eh? Hm. Maybe one of the updates didn't take care of it.

I've redownloaded the Gold edition and my 64-bit system is having problems, namely a black screen followed by a poor black & white rendering of the game menu.

I'm redownloading 1.14 patch. Maybe that will fix it.

I'm really frustrated by Create Assembly for Empire Total War...they have no official fix or patch for a 64-bit OS.

ATI card on Vista 64 with 4GB of RAM?

Either set the game to run in window (parameter -window) or get the latest 1.16 beta patch which fixes it.

Glad to hear that I was mistaken in thinking BI would make the same mistakes as Creative Assembly (who make great games, just don't suport their community as well as BI does)

Actually it's a nVidia GeForce 9500.

I'm re-downloading the patches now. If more problems come up, I'll keep posting in the Troubleshooting forum. I don't want to clutter the Arma2 forum with an Arma1 problem.

THanks for the input guys. That's why I've been a fan of OFP & Arma since 2002--best damn community of gamer-provided support in the world!

Just had a friend dl the arma 1 demo to get a idea what its like, and he got that black and white problem :(

1. This is the ArmA2 forum, we have a troubleshooting forum with an excellent Vista troubleshooting thread over there.

2. The A1 demo is totally outdated and doesn't represent the actual status, wouldn't surprise me if the demo has problems with actual hardware.

ArmA1 runs perfectly fine here on Vista x64, I don't see why ArmA2 shouldn't run on it. :)

1. This is the ArmA2 forum, we have a troubleshooting forum with an excellent Vista troubleshooting thread over there.

2. The A1 demo is totally outdated and doesn't represent the actual status, wouldn't surprise me if the demo has problems with actual hardware.

ArmA1 runs perfectly fine here on Vista x64, I don't see why ArmA2 shouldn't run on it. :)

I'm sorry about that, I didn't plan on it becoming a troubleshooting thread.

THe problem is resolved. SO without further adue, I will chant "We want Arma II" and let this thread die!!! :)

As this is an important topic, I will repeat the answer here:

Yes, it will be Vista 64 safe. You can rest quite assured of that, as my primary working system is now Vista 64 with 8 GB RAM.

Not only that, making ArmA 1 "Vista 64 safe" is high priority for us as well, and it was primary reason why 1.15 was not accepted as a final patch version and there is 1.16 beta now.

I can see that this is the arma2 forum :p I am not looking for anyone to troubleshoot for me on it. I just thought it would be nice for him to check out the demo to get a idea of what OFP/Arma/Arma2 type of game is like.

I dont think anyone has to worry about 64. Even if you do find a bug when it comes out they have always taken care of their customers. Just look at how long they took care of OFP, and we just got a patch for Arma. :yay:

And before anyone asks again yes ArmA2 works great with Win7 RC1 64 as that's what I'm using (with 6gb ram if that's relevant) + ATI 4870 :)

And before anyone asks again yes ArmA2 works great with Win7 RC1 64 as that's what I'm using (with 6gb ram if that's relevant) + ATI 4870 :)

:rolleyes:

Could you give me more specific info about your rig, please?

I'm actually owner of 4870 (512) and processor X2 64 6400 (@3.2), which I want change to Phenom II 940 (3.0).

I'm wondering if it'll be possible to play ArmA2 on my big monitor 26" with resolution 1920 x 1200 and quite high detail, of course I expect quite good frame rate, which is for me not less then 23fps.

Looking forward to hear from you, Placebo.

Woohoo! That answered my upcoming question :) thanks Placebo. Just about to buy 4870 1GB plus use Win7. BIS rocks. As usual.

Alex

:rolleyes:

Could you give me more specific info about your rig, please?

I'm actually owner of 4870 (512) and processor X2 64 6400 (@3.2), which I want change to Phenom II 940 (3.0).

I'm wondering if it'll be possible to play ArmA2 on my big monitor 26" with resolution 1920 x 1200 and quite high detail, of course I expect quite good frame rate, which is for me not less then 23fps.

Looking forward to hear from you, Placebo.

We have the same graphics card, Sapphire I assume? My CPU is only the AMD 63 X2 4600+ Last night I was running around Chernarus in the editor with graphic settings on "very high" @ 1680x1050 as that's my monitor's max resolution.

We have the same graphics card, Sapphire I assume? My CPU is only the AMD 63 X2 4600+ Last night I was running around Chernarus in the editor with graphic settings on "very high" @ 1680x1050 as that's my monitor's max resolution.

And how much did it lag? :)

This second PC i have i hope will run ARMA2 decent is AMD X2 64 6000+ @ 3.5ghz, 4GB 800mhz DDR2 Corsair, ATI 4870 1GB XXX Edition OC:ed. I mean i hope it will run ARMA2 decent even with some AI's. In the editor flying around or running around alone is always easy on my PC, but when AI's start to "think" it gets worse (with 8800gts 320mb! HD4870 not installed yet). Im sure the multi core support will help in that departement though.

:)

72;1280403']And how much did it lag? :)

There was zero lag and virtually zero LOD loading :)

I knew it. Just had to mess with you. Sounds awesome Placebo. Thanks for sharing. :)

my primary working system is now Vista 64

Does this mean you build ArmA 1 and 2 as native 64bit too?

This is very awesome indeed!

This sounds like the opposite to what the press reported with the old build they received..

Im very curious how it will run on my and my Brothers PCs when it comes out...

Hey Placebo, thanks for your quick replay.

We've got a little bit different graphic card, my is PALIT Sonic Edition... it has extra switch which allows you to hardware overclock you card 'on the fly'.

This is what I've got on my desk:

game_rig.jpg

Actually I can play in ArmA with 1920 x 1200 textures NORMAL, rest on HIGH. Even with ACE mod during DOMINATION with almost full server I've got smooth play with 23~60fps, usually 28~35fps.

So either I buy second card or new processor, it'll depends how arma2 will run during session in warfare.

I wonder if does ArmA2 will run in a 32-bit compatibility mode, or native 64-bit compilation.

ArmA II will run as a 32bit application on a 64bit operating system.

Suma has spoke of possibilities of 64bit in the distant future.

Your ArmA I works eh? Hm. Maybe one of the updates didn't take care of it.

I've redownloaded the Gold edition and my 64-bit system is having problems, namely a black screen followed by a poor black & white rendering of the game menu.

I'm redownloading 1.14 patch. Maybe that will fix it.

I'm really frustrated by Create Assembly for Empire Total War...they have no official fix or patch for a 64-bit OS.

You got ATI? Then that's why.

You got ATI? Then that's why.

he needs use 1.16 beta patch to resolve 64bit issues ...

and of course up2date AMD.ATI drivers