Sign in to follow this  
NARTONIC

ARMA II for consoles is cancelled?

Bohemia Interactive launches a pinch of images of the PC version of ArmA 2. Wishing to offer a realistic graphics ever seen, the development team is working to heal the staging for a total immersion. As ArmA : Queen's Gambit, a view to first person is required and the tactical aspect will be even further. Here, the battlefield appears to be an ex-Soviet territory in ruins completely fictitious. And finally, 505 Game Street cancels the editions consoles.

http://www.gamekyo.com/news30875_arma-2-new-screenshots-and-bad-news.html

Why? :(

Hmmm it does sound ominous, but it's by no means definite. I'd think ARMA2 could do quite well on the consoles, so I bet BIS aren't cancelling the Xbox version. I reckon it's just 505 aren't publishing it, or it will be reannounced after the PC release.

Well, to speak atleast, they never showed or told us anything about the console parts, so I think it's either cancelled or still in consideration.

Is version PC. Pointer mouse.

I said WIP console... why PC version need colored buttons with letters YXBA ?

Looking at the rather poor translation of that short article I guess it's more a misunderstanding than a fact. The missing source of that "conclusion" proves even more that's more speculation than fact.

Nowhere on the 505 games website nor on any other publisher website you find something official about this.

The last known status of the console versions is: TBD (To be determined).

Surely not?

Be nice to hear something official on this topic :confused:

Video's already in the thread on the first page there, Walker. :p

Hi Zipper5

In reply to

Video's already in the thread on the first page there, Walker.

yes I pointed it out ;)

...As some one in another thread pointed out...

Kind Regards walker

By thread do you mean post? As in this post on the page before this one?

Be nice to hear something official on this topic :confused:
Nowhere on the 505 games website nor on any other publisher website you find something official about this.

The last known status of the console versions is: TBD (To be determined).

This sounds pretty official to me, TBD. :j:

This sounds pretty official to me, TBD. :j:

To Be Determined, You see some WIP previews of the Devs mentioning that the game will be on Xbox360 with some major differences compared to the PC (Editor is big one), unfortunately for me no PS3 (Wanted to have both PC & PS3).

I would like to hear Bohemia say something more about consoles and US release date. I mean, it still is not 100% validity that this game will come out on consoles, as far as I know.

505 says it's cancelled on PS3 and 360 according to that article.

source

Hey, the article never stated the game was cancelled for the console. It just implies that 505 will not be part of the console version of the game. Mybe BOHEMIA wants one company to publish the game worldwide and not just region to region publishers like with the PC version.

Until we hear it from BOHEMIA the console version is cancelled it's not. Just look at the recent interviews with Ivan B and the new pic's of the XBOX buttons. There is more proof the console version will be then not to be.

http://www.arma2.com/

Platform:

PC and Next Gen Console (TBD)

Expected release date: 2009

That remains the answer to the console question. If you look hard enough you'll find the reason from Ondrej as to why there's no elaboration from us on the subject.