Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Why not install it and see:rolleyes:

well, I don't have a ton of space on my windows partition, and it would mean uninstalling COD MW 2, which my brother plays...but I'm very tempted to give it a go anyway :D

Hey, a friend gave me his copy of ARMA II, since it's not his type of game (He plays CS, I play America's Army).

I have a macbook pro from 2006; 2.33 C2D, ATI 1600, which I can OC, and 2GB RAM. Any chance I can run this? I have windows XP installed, and optimized for gaming as much as possible

Hmm there's a chance on low, but the specs aren't so good my friend. Even on low you would be playing with lag I believe

Hey, a friend gave me his copy of ARMA II, since it's not his type of game (He plays CS, I play America's Army).

I have a macbook pro from 2006; 2.33 C2D, ATI 1600, which I can OC, and 2GB RAM. Any chance I can run this? I have windows XP installed, and optimized for gaming as much as possible

I doubt it'll run on that. A friend of mine has a macbook pro with a 9400 in it, the demo wasn't playable, even on lowest settings.

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's even worth upgrading my video card.

My specs:

1680x1050 res

Q9550 2.83GHz

8 GB Ram

Win 7 64bit

GTX 260 w/896MB Ram

My system is coming on two years old and has been great on everything except ARMA II. I know the ARMA is mainly CPU dependent but I wonder if replacing the GTX260 would be worth it at all?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's even worth upgrading my video card.

My specs:

1680x1050 res

Q9550 2.83GHz

8 GB Ram

Win 7 64bit

GTX 260 w/896MB Ram

My system is coming on two years old and has been great on everything except ARMA II. I know the ARMA is mainly CPU dependent but I wonder if replacing the GTX260 would be worth it at all?

Thanks

Might wanna try some overclocking of the CPU.Q9550 is said to be a great overclocker.

In process of buying a new LCD.I purchased one yesterday and when I got it home I found the best viewing angle was when it was tilted way back.The screen looked amazing that way and was the way it looked in Bestbuy since they had it on the top shelf.I returned it and now I am lost as what to get.The brightness of that monitor shifting like that when viewing at different angles really bothers me and my LCD I have now doesnt do that at all and is old and 4:3.I looked at a few monitors in Bestbuy and found some that were better in this regard.

So I was gonna buy this tommorow

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/hp-2159m-lcd-display/4505-3174_7-33544827.html

Its change in brightness is livable(though I wonder if future TrackIR will be ruined from the constant movement of head position)and has some pretty good reviews.But I wonder if 21.5 is big enough.Would a jump to 24inch display net a better A2 experience?Easier targeting,more immersion etc??

:confused:

How can I perform ARMA 2 with this system?

i5 750

4 or 8 gb ram

Asus PD55-D LE

Evga Gtx 470

I also have a Lg 22'' lcd monitor that can handle 1680x1050 @60hz

Should I consider to go i7 x58 plataforms?

Thx

Edited by andrekarssa

Will this PC run Arma 2 smooth in high details?

CPU: Intel Core i7-920, 4x 2.67GHz

Mainboard: ASUS P6T, X58

RAM: Corsair XMS3 DIMM Kit 3GB PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1333)

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2, 2x 1024MB GDDR5, 2x DVI, TV-out, PCIe 2.0

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB, 32MB Cache, SATA II

Thank you!

:confused:

How can I perform ARMA 2 with this system?

i5 750

4 or 8 gb ram

Asus PD55-D LE

Evga Gtx 470

I also have a Lg 22'' lcd monitor that can handle 1680x1050 @60hz

Should I consider to go i7 x58 plataforms?

Thx

In arma 2 an i5-750 will perform equal to an i7-920. The x58 platform has some benefits if you run 2 very powerfull gpu's in sli/crossfire. If you just want to have a system and use that for a couple of years go for P55. It'll be much cheaper and perform the same. If you like to upgrade every half year or so an x58 might be the best platform, but I suspect if you do those kind of things you'd have known that already.

The proposed setup will run arma 2 nicely. If the 470 is more expensive then an ati 5870 I'd get the latter, as it will get you a slightly higher minimum framerate and a much higher average framerate.

Hey,

I'm helping a friend to build a computer, and putting together a list of the parts.

As I don't really know much about ARMA II, and its one of the games he really wants to play, i was wondering whether it is more GPU or CPU dependent. If someone could answer this for me, I would be very grateful for it. Thanks in advance!

Actually its very heavy on both, but compared to other games its very CPU dependant.

so if i were to buy an i5 and 5830 instead of buying an AMD Phenom II x4 955 and a 5850 would that be a larger increase in performance?

Guys, Im also considering this notebook

Toshiba Qosmio X505 Q860

Intel Core i5-M430(dual core) at 2.26 GHz (2.53GHz with Turbo Boost Technology),

3MB L3 cache. 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory

500GB hard drive.

Display: 18.4â€, 1680 x 945 resolution.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M with 1GB (128 bit) GDDR5 discrete graphics memory, plus up to 1.3GB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology.

Note that this is a dual core cpu.

Will this system run fine arma 2? With good quality?

Here is a decent review http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Toshiba-Qosmio-X505.htm

I dont know much about computers but i can build one. I have a budget of 1500 bucks to spend on a computer. I need EVERYTHING case, parts, keyboards, mouse, screen, ect, ect, ect. If you really need to 1600 bucks. If this is possible i need it to run arma 2 and operation arrow head on decent or great settings with about 30 FPS.

If somebody could do this for me that would be great!

I dont know much about computers but i can build one. I have a budget of 1500 bucks to spend on a computer. I need EVERYTHING case, parts, keyboards, mouse, screen, ect, ect, ect. If you really need to 1600 bucks. If this is possible i need it to run arma 2 and operation arrow head on decent or great settings with about 30 FPS.

If somebody could do this for me that would be great!

1500-1600 dollars should be enough. I suggest you get a core i5-750, a gigabyte P55-UD3 (or UD4 if budget allows). A 4GB kit of ddr3 ram that's on the qvl, an ati 5850, a samsung F3 1TB disk, the cheapest sata dvd drive you can find, an ATX case, a decent (500+ watt, from a proper manufacturer, corsair or seasonic or something) psu and windows 7 x64 home premium (oem versions are cheaper) There should be enough left for a mouse and keyboard and a 24" screen.

If you want to try overclocking in the future or just want a silent system an aftermarket cooler like the scythe mugen 2 rev.B might be a good idea also.

Edit: Arma 2 will also run fine on a much cheaper system with settings tuned down a bit. the above is i.m.o. the best you can get for that kind of money.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Guys, Im also considering this notebook

Toshiba Qosmio X505 Q860

Intel Core i5-M430(dual core) at 2.26 GHz (2.53GHz with Turbo Boost Technology),

3MB L3 cache. 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory

500GB hard drive.

Display: 18.4â€, 1680 x 945 resolution.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M with 1GB (128 bit) GDDR5 discrete graphics memory, plus up to 1.3GB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology.

Note that this is a dual core cpu.

Will this system run fine arma 2? With good quality?

Here is a decent review http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Toshiba-Qosmio-X505.htm

It'll run ok I guess, the gpu is not as powerfull as my (ageing) desktop gpu but the monitor's resolution is low enough to compensate for that.

Edited by Leon86

I just purchased a new computer and ARMA 2 is still slow at normal on this machine.

Looking for help!

What can I do to improve performance?

My specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64Bit

ATX motherboard

Intel H55 Chipset

Intel core i3-530 processor 2.93GHZ

4MB Level 3 Cache

4GB of RAM expandable to 16MB

500GB Hard drive

GeForce 8400 Graphics card

Thanks

Alphadriver

I just purchased a new computer and ARMA 2 is still slow at normal on this machine.

Looking for help!

My specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64Bit

ATX motherboard

Intel H55 Chipset

4MB Level 3 Cache

500GB Hard drive

Thanks

Alphadriver

get a better graphics card, I'm surprised the game runs at all on a 8400.

Looking for help!

My specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64Bit

ATX motherboard

Intel H55 Chipset

4MB Level 3 Cache

500GB Hard drive

Thanks

Alphadriver

It's the graphics card. It's an entry-level graphics card and it's entirely inadequate for ArmA II. (The other parts are fine)

EDIT: leon86 beat me to it :)

Edited by Killswitch
spelling

Thanks so much for the info!

What would be the best graphics card to get that will run with my system?

Thanks so much for the info!

What would be the best graphics card to get that will run with my system?

Depends on your budget and what kind of power supply the computer has. Look for a number like "300W" or "550W" (W = Watts). It will probably be between 300 and 700. Then you'll need to check inside your case and look for cables that look like this:

imageview.php?image=10598

If your power supply unit (PSU) is fairly weak (<420W), it probably won't have any of those cables, meaning you'll either have to go for a comparatively weak graphics card, or you'll need to upgrade your PSU.

Once you've figured out what your computer can handle and how much money you can spend, we can help you find a good graphics card. :)

Okay, I suspected as much. Looks like you will be best off getting a ~500W PSU for around $50, for example this one. Then you can grab one of the mid-range ATI cards, which are apparently pretty good value for money. The Radeon HD5770 looks like it could be in your price range. :)

Thanks so much for your help!

A better power source and vid card it is.

I was worried I bought the wrong computer today to play my favorite game.

Will keep you posted.

Alphadriver

I`m looking to upgrade my GFX card. I currently have a 1GB HD4650, I have a budget of £130 to spend. Anyone have a good recomendation for me?

cheers