Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Goof morning guys.

This is my first thread here, I just wanted to know if my settings were enought for this game, in order to purchase it:

Processor: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 ghz

RAM: 6 Go

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5450 1024 mo

Thank you in advance.

If this is OK, could please also tell in what level of details i will be able to play?

Best,

Q8200 2.33ghz

4GB Ram

HD5670

Hit me!

smack!

Goof morning guys.

This is my first thread here, I just wanted to know if my settings were enought for this game, in order to purchase it:

Thank you in advance.

If this is OK, could please also tell in what level of details i will be able to play?

Best,

Goof morning guys.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

The game might start but wont run on even the lowest of settings. Look for something with a better gpu in it. link

Hi Sp1n,

From the site Can You Run It:

What it does

This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.

hi everyone

i wont to make same minor upgrade for arma 2 (CPU or GPU)

my current specs:

cpu e8200 (oced on 3600 mhz)

gpu ATI HD 4850 (only 512MB ram)

MB asus p5k-e/wifi

ram 4GB 800mhz

oc W 7 64bit

it seems that arma 2 is very cpu dependant so i guess cpu is the right choice

and if it is so what kind of quad core cpu (lga 775) should i buy for overall improvement?

(rather cheaper and with some nice overclocking capabilities)

THX very much for help :)

It should run fine at certain resolutions, but if you're going to play on a big monitor you should get a better graphics card. Enad (a member here) has similar specs, but with a 4870X2, and it runs fine on his rig.

A HD 5850 (300), or a HD 5770 (160~) are two good choices. A faster processor always helps, a Q9550 is a good fast quad core, and overclocks well.

@kostej

I have a Q6600 now, they also clock well (as long as you have a good mobo and good cooling) and you can get good deals secondhand. A 4850 is fine for 1680x1050 I think but for higher resolutions you have to cut down postprocessing etc.

Dont expect a huge performance increase going from a fast core2duo to a fast core2quad. Also the performance difference between a 4850 and a 5770 isn't that great, although probably noticable.

My advice is to save up for a little bit and get a P55 or X58 motherboard, an i7 or i5-750, some ddr3. Then get another 4850 (secondhand 60 euro's or something) and put them in crossfire.

Hey guys,

In terms of OA will my Sapphire ATI HD4890 Vapor 1gb be capable of keeping up?

Regards,

Grub

Full specs:

Kingston 4gb 1066 RAM kit

CPU: AMD Phenom II Quad Core 3.2ghz

MB: Gigabyte 790FX-UD5P (2XPCIE)

HDD: Samsung 1tb drive

GFX: Sapphire ATI HD4890 Vapor 1gb

Here's my situation:

I play both ARMA 2 and MW2 (the latter when I feel like a quick game) but I would like to spend more time on ARMA2, maybe making more machinimas and stuff, I'm considering buying an internal Hard drive and as I like recording with Fraps, I need as much space as I can get (my current computer specs are in my spoiler), I would appreciate some help with this because I don't know anything about hard drives :p

Also how should I sort my ARMA 2 folder, [upcoming OA folder :D], Vista and Fraps folder on both hard drives?

Thanks.

My budget is anything under £85 and I like the look of http://www.amazon.co.uk/217920-Western-Digital-Internal-WD1002FAEX/dp/B003D0K6K8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276417577&sr=8-4 but there's a lack of user-reviews for this drive on amazon :(

Although this review looks promising: http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=870&type=expert

Edited by SASrecon

Just got done testing out my gf's 9500 gt on my new comp, I get 21 FPS on the benchmark, and so far on the demo (gonna buy after I fix up comp) it runs just fine for me, doesnt really lag at all, unless I get in a chopper and fire a whole bunch of missiles.

My Specs are:

AMD Dual Core 1.6 ghz

4GB RAM

Win 7 64bit

and her 9500 gt with I think 1gb ram on it.

I'm sure it would lag sometime pretty bad, but like I said, its not noticeable.

How much difference in FPS would I get though in a 9800? just compared to the 9500, how much of an upgrade is that, cause that might be the one I get.

Hey guys,

In terms of OA will my Sapphire ATI HD4890 Vapor 1gb be capable of keeping up?

Regards,

Grub

Full specs:

Kingston 4gb 1066 RAM kit

CPU: AMD Phenom II Quad Core 3.2ghz

MB: Gigabyte 790FX-UD5P (2XPCIE)

HDD: Samsung 1tb drive

GFX: Sapphire ATI HD4890 Vapor 1gb

It's fine, OA has lower system requirements than arma2

Here's my situation:

I play both ARMA 2 and MW2 (the latter when I feel like a quick game) but I would like to spend more time on ARMA2, maybe making more machinimas and stuff, I'm considering buying an internal Hard drive and as I like recording with Fraps, I need as much space as I can get (my current computer specs are in my spoiler), I would appreciate some help with this because I don't know anything about hard drives :p

Also how should I sort my ARMA 2 folder, [upcoming OA folder :D], Vista and Fraps folder on both hard drives?

Thanks.

My budget is anything under £85 and I like the look of http://www.amazon.co.uk/217920-Western-Digital-Internal-WD1002FAEX/dp/B003D0K6K8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276417577&sr=8-4 but there's a lack of user-reviews for this drive on amazon :(

Although this review looks promising: http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=870&type=expert

If you want even more space you could look at 1.5 or even 2 TB disks. The disk you found on amazon is high-end disk, probably slightly faster and with slightly better random acces compared to regular 7200rpm disks. If you want to spend less get a samsung spinpoint F3, they're great value for money.

Just got done testing out my gf's 9500 gt on my new comp, I get 21 FPS on the benchmark, and so far on the demo (gonna buy after I fix up comp) it runs just fine for me, doesnt really lag at all, unless I get in a chopper and fire a whole bunch of missiles.

My Specs are:

AMD Dual Core 1.6 ghz

4GB RAM

Win 7 64bit

How much difference in FPS would I get though in a 9800? just compared to the 9500, how much of an upgrade is that, cause that might be the one I get.

A better gpu will allow you increase postprocessing, anti-aliasing, shadows (normal=cpu, high=gpu) and anisotropic filtering. A better cpu will allow for greater viewdistance and terrain/model detail. in thegpu hierarchy chart you can see where the 9800 is compared to the 9500. Also, when upgrading the gpu, make sure the psu can handle it (that basically means, does it have a 6-pin pci-e connector)

My Specs are:

AMD Dual Core 1.6 ghz

4GB RAM

Win 7 64bit

When you start plaiying the real game and the real campaign, it's gonna lag like hell. My old computer was 5 times better than those specs, and it lagged like hell, couldn't shoot.

Playing on a i7 930 @ 3.8GHz

6GB DDR3 1660MHZ

HIS iCooler V Turbo ATI 5870

runs great, also got my arma 2 installed onto a SSD drive as opposed to a harddrive.

Hi guys, i need some help! i have bought this awsome game but when i started the game so did i see that i could shoot almost. The sound of my gun came 7 sec after i was shooting. i changed all my settings to low and i have also disabled everything you can disable. But still it lagg as hell. What should i do?

here's some information about my computer:

Processor: AMD Sempron M120 2.1GHz

Memory: 3GB DDR2, max. 4GB

Harddriv: 320GB S-ATA (5400rpm)

Grafic:ATI Radeon HD4200 with 1534 MB grafic memory

please send me the answers in a PM.

Yo yo yo

Wich of these videocards is the best

9800GT HD5670 or GT240 ?

5670 is best option.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Hi guys, i need some help! i have bought this awsome game but when i started the game so did i see that i could shoot almost. The sound of my gun came 7 sec after i was shooting. i changed all my settings to low and i have also disabled everything you can disable. But still it lagg as hell. What should i do?

here's some information about my computer:

Processor: AMD Sempron M120 2.1GHz

Memory: 3GB DDR2, max. 4GB

Harddriv: 320GB S-ATA (5400rpm)

Grafic:ATI Radeon HD4200 with 1534 MB grafic memory

please send me the answers in a PM.

thats because your clock speed of your CPU is far too low, plus the CPU is rubbish, the hard drive isn't fast enough, nor is the graphics card.

sorry :(

arghh thats expensive as shit for me :p 9800gt is cheapest :p

and its the worst. Grab a 5870, good card :)

You might wanna save up for a better card then Azamato . The 9800GT is an 8800 gt , and the GPU it's using is starting to become pretty outdated .

You could always starve yourself to get some extra money :p .

hello fellas, these are my specs:

AMD X4 phenom 9950 Quad 2.66Ghz

6GB ddr ram (3,25 available)

Windows 7

ATI HD4870 1GB DDR5

and i play at low/normal settings. i dont understand, it is laggy. If i play without GL mod i get better fps. but still it isnt what i want.

hello fellas, these are my specs:

AMD X4 phenom 9950 Quad 2.66Ghz

6GB ddr ram (3,25 available)

Windows 7

ATI HD4870 1GB DDR5

and i play at low/normal settings. i dont understand, it is laggy. If i play without GL mod i get better fps. but still it isnt what i want.

its the cpu clock speed letting you down, overclock and it'll run much better. also try a vegetation mod :)