Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

What kind of hardware would I need to run this game smoothly(min 25fps) at 1680x1050 on high settings?

My current setup is as follows:

Intel C2D E6600 @ 3Ghz

ASUS P5K

2GB DDR2 RAM

8800GTS 640MB

In the editor I get smooth gameplayebecause there isn't much going on, but in the SP campaign things start to choke.

Any ideas? Maybe some finetuning of my ingame settings might help?

hey, buying a new laptop & was wondering if this is good enough 2 run arma 2(btw im not very good with computers jus so u know).

. Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9800 (2.93GHz,1066MHz FSB,6MB L2 Cache)

.SLIâ„¢ Dual 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

.4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

.160GB (7,200rpm) Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive

would i b better off jus gettin a single nvidia card coz it seems like theres lots of problems when it comes 2 SLI:confused:

Yes.

Depending on the resolution you use, SLI or single GPU; if it's <1920x1080 one GTX 260 w/ 216sp (2nd revision) will suffice. More than 1920x1080 and I'd get a GTX 275 instead, or a Radeon 4890.

erm.....^^^^didnt really answer my question:/

i can only get single 260, dual 260 or dual 280 coz its a designer thingy on the alienware website. the dual 280 is kinda expensive tho:/ so if i use a res lower than <1920x1080 ill only need a single 260 gpu? btw wots 216sp mean, im crap with computers lol

Edited by ltait92

I pasted the wrong link:)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72181

That thread is there specifically to ask questions such as yours.

It's quite a capable laptop by the looks of it. Just out of interest, how much does it cost?

oh ok:)

it costs bout £2000-£2500, it jus depends on what options i choose but thats probably wot im gonna get, might upgrade the HDD

Edited by ltait92

Wow. Or you could spend half of that and get a kick ass desktop and a massive screen.

Wow. Or you could spend half of that and get a kick ass desktop and a massive screen.

Yeah, bout that :/ i sorta have 2 get a gaming laptop coz im joining the army so ill be on the move a lot & i want 2 keep gaming lol:) thats the only reason im gettin a laptop:) im gonna get an alienware m17x so i better start saving :D

Edited by ltait92

i have a gtx275 and due to my lcd it cant get higher as 1360x768, i cant find drivers for my lcd (kdl40z4500) ,also the dvd that comes withthe lcd didnt contain any :/

so im stuck here, also 60hz meh, the lcd is 200 lol, any help would b greatly appr.

How are you connecting your PC to the LCD? Modern displays shouldn't need drivers as the video card should be able to query it to find what resolutions and refresh rates it supports.

Does it detect is a 'generic monitor' or similar? Maybe go through device manager, remove any drivers it has for it (uninstall the device), have a reboot and see what it comes up with.

How are you connecting your PC to the LCD? Modern displays shouldn't need drivers as the video card should be able to query it to find what resolutions and refresh rates it supports.

Does it detect is a 'generic monitor' or similar? Maybe go through device manager, remove any drivers it has for it (uninstall the device), have a reboot and see what it comes up with.

Hey :) , its connected with a dvi to vga component, and yeah Vista reconize it as a Generic PnPMonitor, im gonna delete that one, and mayb he will come up with Sony, thnx m8, gonna try it,

edit/update: I did the above, hehe still it says PnP monitor, hmm im searching again for drivers, havent found m yet.

Edited by Scopin-Steve

You can use drivers for some other monitor which has same capabilities,ie refresh/resolution.;)

Hi. I'm planning to buy new processor and i have question for You, what is the best gaming processor for AM2+ socket? (I don't want to buy new motherboard) Thanks in advance :)

I can get a fairly good deal on the following rig:

Processor: Intel® Core i7 920, 2.66GHz 8MB, LGA1366

Mother: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P

GPU: nVIDIA GTX 275 896MB DDR 3, 2DVI, HDTV, SLI, 16xPCIe VGA Kontakt: PCI-e

Sound: ALC889A 8-Channel High Definition Audio (integrated)

RAM: DDR3 PC10600 6GB (3x2048MB, 1333MHz)

HDD: 1TB Samsung, SATA-300, 32MB, 7200RPM

Pro's and con's? Any opinion is more than welcome. Does it have an apparent weak spot that I overlooked (considering that the sole purpose of the purchase is to play ArmA2)?!?

Operating system is yet undecided. I'm aiming for Windows7 but might end up with Vista Home Premium 64-bit if the negotiations go against me.

nominesine, thats the exact system like i have (2days in posession) it runs real smooth and can handle Arma2 like cake.

I have the same, HDD Gfxcard ,internal memory+amount and Cpu.

Im running it on vista 64bit.

A few pages back u can see a guy named Scorpion he has done some analyzing on this system :)

edit; im running all at 1380x768, due to a lcd reconize problem, so i dont know about higher rez's.

try'sd "average sony drivers" but it gets worse hehe, and vista correts it to a pnp :/

still searching on it tough

nominesine, thats the exact system like i have (2days in posession) it runs real smooth and can handle Arma2 like cake

Sweet, sweet music to my ears...

:bounce3:

... this comp' was made for walkin', and that's just what it'll do... one of these days this comp is gonna walk all over you... *dum-dum-dum-dum-dum*

i cant decidewot gaming laptop to get out of an alienware m17x and a dell xps m1730, wot do u guys think would b best? (and yes it has 2 b a laptop coz ill b on the move a lot, im thinking bout gettin the alienware but for the same sorta price im gettin roughly the same preformance with extras but then the alienware is cool:D).

XPS M1730: (£2300 w/ gaming mouse and xbox 360 controller)

. Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme Processor X9000 (2.80GHz, 800MHz FSB, 6MB L2-cache) [included in Price]

.6144MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1x2GB + 1x4GB) [included in Price]

.400GB Free Fall Sensor Raid 0 Stripe - 2 X 200GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive [included in Price]

.Dual SLI™ 512MB nVidia® GeForce™ 9800GT graphics card [included in Price]

Alienware M17x: (£2400)

.Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9800 (2.93GHz,1066MHz FSB,6MB L2 Cache) [add £429.99 or £12/month1]

.SLIâ„¢ Dual 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M [included in Price]

.4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048] [included in Price]

.160GB (7,200rpm) Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive [included in Price]

wot do u guys think ill get more "bang 4 my buck" from lol

Edited by ltait92

I wouldn't bother with SLI if I was you, but the Alienware is definitely better value for money.

Christ, I thought I'd never say those words... :crazy_o:

Ok, I have an Intel core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz (Haven't OCed, heard it OCs pretty high), Intel D946Gzissl motherboard, 2 GB of RAM, 550W powersupply and I'm GOING to buy a graphics card today. Probably a GTX 275 or an ATI 4890, reccomendations?

So, how would my PC run this? Any modifications that I should make to make it run smoothly?

I wouldn't bother with SLI if I was you, but the Alienware is definitely better value for money.

Christ, I thought I'd never say those words... :crazy_o:

i think u turn sli off on the alienware,im not sure tho:/ i might get it tho coz itll mean ill get better preformance yay!:bounce3:

i think u turn sli off on the alienware,im not sure tho:/ i might get it tho coz itll mean ill get better preformance yay!:bounce3:

Not necessarily, in fact, in can cause a lot of problems with some games. People's mileage with SLI and ArmA 2 seems to vary greatly.

There was a time in computing when, Hardware led Software.

I truly believe that gaming has changed the order in this, that being Software leading Hardware.

That being the case, I slapped down $100 bucks and upgraded from Nvidia 8600 to a 9800 and all my graphics problems were solved.

It's games like this that give one a signal it's time to bite the bullet and upgrade, whether you want to or not.

Soon Dragon Quest will be out, and you'll need all you can get.

Bump...

That kommiekat dude, he knows his stuff!:yay:

Bump...

That kommiekat dude, he knows his stuff!:yay:

Was there any point to that?

I truly believe that gaming has changed the order in this, that being Software leading Hardware.

I think that's always been the case. The whole point of computers is that they do things for us. Therefore we design hardware to do these things. Sometimes hardware is designed and some new and unforeseen use is found for it, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the hardware never would have been invented if it were not for some software related task for it.

Edited by echo1

Ok, I have an Intel core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz (Haven't OCed, heard it OCs pretty high), Intel D946Gzissl motherboard, 2 GB of RAM, 550W powersupply and I'm GOING to buy a graphics card today. Probably a GTX 275 or an ATI 4890, reccomendations?

So, how would my PC run this? Any modifications that I should make to make it run smoothly?

@StripesReaper, I get 30 fps in the arma2 demo benchmark. Expect playable (although low @15fps and up) fps in the camapaign. The game is CPU bound (in our case).

Edited by amfitamine