Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I got a Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz

1.5GB RAM

7600GT Graphics

and I just downloaded the demo version thinking I will never be able to play it even on the lowest settings (but thgt i would give it a shot), and suprisingly it works on low settings (not very low settings) a bit blurry but playable

am not really into games that much so I wouldnt upgrade my system for a game

I will not recommend running ArmA 2 on such system!

Turn off 'Post Process effects' under advanced video settings, that should remove the blurryness :)

How do you reckon mine should run it?

Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 overlocked to 3.0Ghz

Motherboard- Asus p5q PRO

Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 4870 1GB DDR5

RAM - 2 X 2 Crucial 800mhz (4GB)

Hard Drive - 500gb

Resoultion - 1028X1024

OS - Windows Vista 32Bit ( But tomorrow it will be Windows 7 64Bit)

you will be able to run high/very high settings, though it might take some tweaking, i have basically the same specs except 4890 and 8GB RAM (good for ramdisk but arma doesnt use it otherwise). i am finally running great all settings maxed except AA normal terrain low (when you get the game youll see it looks pretty much the same as very high just supposed to be a lot faster)

I will not recommend running ArmA 2 on such system!

Turn off 'Post Process effects' under advanced video settings, that should remove the blurryness :)

Why not? I mean I can play the game fine! for people who cannot afford to upgrade their systems then this should be fine for them, even thought I can but as I said before am not into games that much, so for me its not worth it

btw I didnt bother to try out the game when it first launched because people in here were saying to me when I put my PC spec "No way in hell can you run the game even on the lowest settings) so I didnt bother to buy the game or even download the demo version (2.5Gb), for some reason it clicked in my head 2day and decided to download it, and it works fine (people chat s*** in here sometimes)

and thanks for the advice

i dont think anyone was trying to be talk shit i am frankly shocked you can run it with those specs. its very hard to get a handle on how this game will use hardware.

Why not? I mean I can play the game fine! for people who cannot afford to upgrade their systems then this should be fine for them, even thought I can but as I said before am not into games that much, so for me its not worth it

I believe you when you say you can run the game, but i doubt you'll be able to play the campaign very well and missions in larger cities and specially Chernogorsk will be a struggle for your box!

I believe you when you say you can run the game, but i doubt you'll be able to play the campaign very well and missions in larger cities and specially Chernogorsk will be a struggle for your box!

will let you know once I buy the full game:)

and btw am running the game on low settings (so If I do struggle I can play on very low settings:D) but I doubt it thought, I think my system will handle any missions, hopefully anyway:)

I think my system will handle any missions, hopefully anyway:)

I can assure you it will not.

But there's the editor where you can make your own missions.

i dont think anyone was trying to be talk shit i am frankly shocked you can run it with those specs. its very hard to get a handle on how this game will use hardware.

exactly, I wonder what they mean by "Minimum Requirements"

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I can assure you it will not.

But there's the editor where you can make your own missions.

Dont under estimate my system like others who failed;)

Like most mean with minimal req - it RUNS - but thats it.

Usually minimum is that the game will start, but not much more.

will let you know once I buy the full game:)

and btw am running the game on low settings (so If I do struggle I can play on very low settings:D) but I doubt it thought, I think my system will handle any missions, hopefully anyway:)

i am almost certain it will not run the campaign or at least, not all of it. fortunately for you, the campaign is frustrating as heck and probably more trouble than its worth (im still midway thru it).

you should be able to have a lot of fun with the editor though.

i am almost certain it will not run the campaign or at least, not all of it. fortunately for you, the campaign is frustrating as heck and probably more trouble than its worth (im still midway thru it).

you should be able to have a lot of fun with the editor though.

What do you mean It will "not run"!!! you mean it will crash or something?

and whats the difference between playing the single missions and the campaign? or do they run using different graphics and engine? am sure they both use the same map and texture, so whats the problem here??

What do you mean It will "not run"!!! you mean it will crash or something?

and whats the difference between playing the single missions and the campaign? or do they run using different graphics and engine? am sure they both use the same map and texture, so whats the problem here??

His post is confusing, all missions use the same area and graphics engine. He may be pointing out a bug or something, that would make sense I guess.

the campaign is especially intensive because you have little control over destination and there is lots of AI spread across the map.

and yes itsme i would guess the program would either crash or become so slow as to be unplayable, but its worth a shot, like i said if you can run the demo, you will at very least be able to use the editor which the heart of arma 2.

to further clarify itsme, i think the # of AI involved at one time in the campaign may choke your processor out no matter what your other specs are. however i could be totally wrong. i just looked up VBS2 (the 'official' military simulator from these guys) and it only uses 1 core apparently.

the campaign is especially intensive because you have little control over destination and there is lots of AI spread across the map.

and yes itsme i would guess the program would either crash or become so slow as to be unplayable, but its worth a shot, like i said if you can run the demo, you will at very least be able to use the editor which the heart of arma 2.

to further clarify itsme, i think the # of AI involved at one time in the campaign may choke your processor out no matter what your other specs are. however i could be totally wrong. i just looked up VBS2 (the 'official' military simulator from these guys) and it only uses 1 core apparently.

well, just played the 3 single missions in the demo without any problems, with lots of AI spread around the map (3 cities I had to take control of including an enemy base in one mission) with roads vehicles buildings trees grass all the shit you can think of without a single problem

I really have no idea what you guys are on about, but will wait and see till the game arrives (will borrow it of a friend)

I am planning on upgrading to this:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz CPU 1333Mhz FSB

Motherboard : Asrock G31M-S Intel G31 Chipset, PCI-Ex, 2 PCI

Memory : 4GB DDR2 PC6400 800mhz Memory

Video Card : SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Hard Drive : 500GB 7200RPM Ultra Fast SATA 300 Hard Drive

Power Supply : Diablotek PHD Series PHD650

Wanted to know if this upgrade will run ARMA 2 on high with large battles (500 and above). Need to know before I spend $400 dollars on the computer.

Any advise? I haven't upgraded in a while, I have a Core 2 Duo 2.33, 4GB Memory, XFX 8600 GTS video card. It's running the game decent on low but not as good as I would like.

Any advise on how to improve on the Core 2 Duo 2.33 (my current computer) to make ARMA 2 run better?

Thanks in advance!

Seems that arma2 is more video card intensive. I have Core2Duo E4500 2.2GHz and it was overclocked to 2.66GHz (1333FSB) + GF8600GT 256MB PCI-E. I tried to overclock CPU more to 3GHz but benchmark gave exactly same fps. Then I pushed video card a bit further and benchmark gave +5fps. Almost all details set to their lowest.

I guess the next thing to upgrade will be my video card. I'm such a green person that I've been looking at ATI 5770 because it seems to have excellent performance/power consumption ratio. And as it seems to be about 3x faster than 8600GT I guess arma2 will benefit from it nicely too.

i think youre right. like i said VBS2 only utilizes one core. while a2 can utilize more perhaps the requirements and recommended setup to run the game CPU-wise are much lower than thought.

no, I got this week off work and got another baby due in a couple of weeks

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=20684&page=1 good review on 2 x 5770 vs the rest, seem to hold their own against 5870 no problem + it works out cheaper

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

changed spec slightly but ORDERED! :P

Edited by wooly-back-jack

no, I got this week off work and got another baby due in a couple of weeks

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=20684&page=1 good review on 2 x 5770 vs the rest, seem to hold their own against 5870 no problem + it works out cheaper

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

changed spec slightly but ORDERED! :P

I think your CPU will be your bottleneck!

nah, they run good. plus if you get lucky you can unlock the other cores in bios on this cpu, giving you a quad core.

Not that I think I'd need a quad core yet anyway, not for gaming anyway.. a good dual core is good enough.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/535501-amd-phenom-ii-core-unlocking-guide.html

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-253156_11_0.html

(don't think I'll be doing it straight away but it's hopefully there if I need it)

Edited by wooly-back-jack

You'll be fine except for the video card. The 9500 GT (whether GDDR2 or GDDR3 version) can run the game at low settings and view distance, but you may still have some framerate problems. My previous card (Radeon HD 2600 XT) should be roughly comparable to yours, and in the demo I was getting something like 20 FPS with Shadows, AA, and Anisotropic Filtering turned off, and most settings on low/medium. 'Course, your CPU is superior to mine, so you might fare a little better.

It'd be worth getting the demo and seeing if it performs acceptably to you. My current HD 4850 handles the game fairly well (CPU is the main limiting factor in my case), and they can be had for ~$100 USD now; if you'd prefer an nVIDIA card, something like the GTS 250 or 9800 GTX should be roughly comparable I think.

i change to Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz. But windows cannot be started after changing it. i dunno what settings i need to change and how to change processor. I just take out Old processor from motherboard and put in new processor. it does not work. now, i am using old processor which is Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz.

Can anyone give me an idea how this might run on my rig? I'm thinking of buying it thanks to the 50% off at Steam..

Intel Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz

8 GB Corsair Dominator @ 889 MHz

1 x 74 GB 10K RPM Raptor (OS) running Vista Ultimate 64

2 x Seagate 250GB 7200RPM Raid 0 (games and apps)

EVGA GeForce GTX 275 FTW 896 MB

all games running at 1920x1080 (native) on my 24" Acer LCD.

My biggest concern is that I have to run in 1920x1080... What kind of FPS do you think I might be able to get with this rig?

Hi, how will my system handle ARMA II and at what settings?

CPU - AMD x2 6000+ 3.0Ghz

RAM - 3Gb

GPU - gigabyte 9800gtx+ 512Mb

HD - 400Gb

OS - Xp

Thanks