Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

My specs:

E5200 @ 3.1 GHz

2 gigs of DDR2 800

HD4670 256MB GDDR4

In the Arma 1 demo I get 40 to 30 fps if I set the resolution to 1024x768 with most of the options set to medium/low, so how do you think this setup would run in Arma 2 with the same settings?

Edited by Nedarb

My specs:

E5200 @ 3.1 GHz

2 gigs of DDR2 800

HD4670 256MB GDDR4

In the Arma 1 demo I get 40 to 30 fps if I set the resolution to 1024x768 with most of the options set to medium, so how do you think this setup would run in Arma 2 with the same settings?

the HD 4670 256MB GDDR4 isn't a quality graphics card, its a low end card, i think probably low and some medium settings.. your gonna have trouble with that card..

the HD 4670 256MB GDDR4 isn't a quality graphics card, its a low end card, i think probably low and some medium settings.. your gonna have trouble with that card..

Which card do you recommend I should upgrade to?

My budget for a new gpu is about $120-ish Canadian; I'm looking at getting either the 4770 or 4850, but I'll probably wait till the HD5000 series is out so that I can get either for very cheap.

i've literally only tested for 10 minutes, but so far just upgrading to Windows 7 has increased my framerate from 27 to 37 in one particular spot (single mission, fairly intensive scene). i haven't patched to 1.02 yet, but that's next on my list. i'll keep testing it out, but as of right now it looks like Windows 7 64 gives much better performance over Vista 64.
Big question how does one go from Vista x64 to W7x64

Is it an easy process, with the option to revert back etc.

Any links as im very interested

Which card do you recommend I should upgrade to?

My budget for a new gpu is about $120-ish Canadian; I'm looking at getting either the 4770 or 4850, but I'll probably wait till the HD5000 series is out so that I can get either for very cheap.

i got a HiS 4850 512mb and so far ive been happy! i suggest you get the card.

I got this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

if you can afford it! get it :)

Big question how does one go from Vista x64 to W7x64

Is it an easy process, with the option to revert back etc.

Any links as im very interested

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

it's the same process as reinstalling your OS, or formatting your hard drive. you have to backup all important data before you do it. i have no idea how easy it is to revert back, but i bet that question is answered in that link. IMO it was absolutely worth it. i have not tried any other games though, so i don't know if i will run into compatibility issues. so far people are reporting smooth sailing with Windows 7.

You can get a 4890 1GB for $135 I just bought one to replace my 4850.

You can get a 4850 right now for $75.00

Did you bought yours online? As im looking for one and so far i've only seen them at $200 on ebay.

Did you bought yours online? As im looking for one and so far i've only seen them at $200 on ebay.

Zip Zoom Fly.

Pay with ebillme and you get $30 off, + a $20 MIR. ;)

My HIS 4890 1GB totaled out to 135.00 all said and done. Great deal.

Zip Zoom Fly.

Are they open box/used?

Zip Zoom Fly.

lucky you lol , well since im over here in New Zealand the cheapest price i got for my 4850 was $265 NZD which was one of the most cheapest prices i could find over the internet, and thats about $115-120 USD, Everything here is at least 2 and 1/4 times expensive compared to US. But i traded my 9 month old 3850 512mb and got $110 NZD off so ended up paying $140 NZD ( 60-70 USD ).

i'm installing Windows 7 as i type this to see if it gives better performance than vista 64. i'll report back, but i'm doubtful.

It doesn't crash every ten minutes. On that basis alone it performs better.

I am wondering weather my laptop would be able to run ArmA 2 well enough for me to consider purchasing it.

I get a performance rating of 4.5 from windows, determined by my lowest score from my graphics card whcih is a GF8600M GT. Other specs include:

T8100 @ 2.1

3 GB RAM

I understand I meet minimum requirements, but I had serious problems with ArmA with a computer with quite good specs. £25 is a lot of money, and I don't have much time to play games, so is it worth it? I understand people with much better specs then mine are getting 20-25 frames, so will it be playable?

Also, with the bugs that I understand are present, should I wait for the first big patch to come out before thinking about ordering?

Honest opinions and advice would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Wait for the demo. you need a pretty well specced laptop to run the game. Also don't just assume that because you can run round in a field on your own that the game will be anything like playable when it kicks off. If it struggles then it's going to fall to pieces in a battle.

As regards the bugs, considering the scope of the game, i think it's pretty bug free. BIS did an awesome job so if you can run it, don't worry about them.

Yup wait for the demo, that way you don't spend the coin on something that could possibly run bad on your machine. Hopefully the demo comes out soon so that more than a few of my friends can test it on their machines as well....

If it does work on your laptop I would be jealous. :)

Not sure tbh most laptops generally suck when playing games, with a few £1000 exceptions.

This game isn't really worth buying if you can run it on the lowest possible, it kills the immersion, but that's just my honest opinion.

Your laptop is fairly decent so its really up to you. :)

Edited by thedudesam

L:ooks like this guys got an E7300 2.66 @ 3.2 with 4GB RAM and 9800GT 1000mb, and its runnin pretty well for the mass count hes got goin. Not sure what the draw distance is, but looks good. Also its at night, and if i remember correctly, night battles on Arma were more system intensive, anyone know if this is the case on ARMA 2? Thanks in advance

So is there any conclusion yet wich intel prosessors run Arma 2 better.

Dual or Quad Core, lets say we have a core2duo 8500 and quadcore 9650 at same clockspeed, or core2duo at higher clockspeed than 4core.

Is there any tests yet wich cpu runs better?

There is the PC Games Hardware ArmA2 (v1.01) CPU benchmark, though I am not sure whether to consider the results conclusive. It also depends on the your other components, OS, monitor resolution, ...

Edited by WhoCares

There is the PC Games Hardware ArmA2 (v1.01) CPU benchmark, though I am not sure whether to consider the results conclusive. It also depends on the your other components, OS, monitor resolution, ...

I'll check that, thanks.

On box it says reccomend specs, and my PC 'beats' those, I understand this isnt a high spec PC but your information is wrong and false advertising.

This game lags so bad on my 9800gtx+, Q6600 2.4 GHz, got all latest drivers and crap.

this isnt a rant, its just a kind request to change the reccomend specifications to an i7 and a GTX 295 ;/

Lemme guess,

Your running all maxed, 200% fillrate, at 1400000x200000 res?

If not my apoligies, but your pc should run the game fine at high/medium. Fillrate optimizier will quarter you fps.

No i run all at medium at 1280x1024, thanks for apologies. fillrate is 100%, my game edges look so bad they are like 'edgy' they arent sharp.