Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I don't get the problem

Are you sure ch_123 ? With them system specs of yours listed? :p:p:p

Awesome, thanks for all the replies so far :)

1gb 4850 for £75? Very nice indeed :)

hehe yep :) , all the cards ive listed have been given 5/5 star reviews!

Are you sure ch_123 ? With them system specs of yours listed? :p:p:p

You haven't lived till you've played ArmA in black and green :p

Hey, I was wondering what you guys think this system will run on? Looking at videos/shots posted and their specs I am thinking around medium for this system.

Current setup:

Processor: AMD Athlon FX-55

Memory: 4GB

Graphics 8800GTX (being replaced/upgraded by BFG)

Monitor: 19" Samsung Syncmaster 940MW

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Note that I am upgrading though, see sig for that:)

Also, BFG sent me a replacement GTS 260 last week (which didn't work..) so they're sending me a new card (I'm not sure which). This could have some effect on the situation.

You'll probably have issues with the CPU - it's a single core, and dual core is the minimum requirement of ArmA 2 (although Im not sure if anyone has tested it with a single core). The FX-55 isn't quite the mighty beast of a chip that it was five years ago I'm afraid.

I had a similar option when I was trying to upgrade my Socket 939 PC. Your options are either to try and source out a dual core Socket 939 CPU such an Opteron 185 or a FX60, but either of these would be quite expensive for something that would be barely fast enough to run the game. A better option would be to replace your motherboard, CPU and RAM with something reasonably cheap. (You can get a dual-core Athlon 64, 4GB of DDR2 and a decent motherboard for about €200) or splash on a full upgrade and get something like the Phenom II X4.

How will arma2 work with this:

Dual core E5200 2.5ghz

HD2600 ddr4 256mb

4GB ram ddr2

The video dslyecxi posted of the trackIR showed really smooth FPS.

Does anyone know what build, Machine Spec & Graphics settings he was using?

Cheers for the speedy reply ch_123. I am in the process of upgrading as it happens. My i7 920 arrived this afternoon and I should have the cash for the memory and mobo as soon as work pays me. The GTX 295 has just gone down in price by about £35 today on scan.co.uk (around £60 on overclockers.co.uk for one day only!) so I'll be getting that in a month or two.

Oops i just realised was in pounds!

Lets See...

Benchmark list:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685770/Armed-Assault-2-Graphics-card-benchmarks-and-visual-quality-compared/Practice/

80.00 Pounds = 132.285 USD

HIS Hightech H485FN512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

Cost:69.5588 GBP or $114.99 USD

This is the card i got and i paid $265 NZD including GST and Shipping, which i recieve torrmorow ^ ^, its only a few dollars off his price range so i don't think he would mind paying a bit extra??, ive read you can get decent framerates on high at around 30-35 fps.

EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130325

Cost:$109.99 USD or 66.4999 GBP

A decent card in my opinion, still a bit old but one of my clanmates plays the game on high at 25-30fps no problems.

MSI N9800GT-T2D512-OC V2 GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127406

Cost:99.99 USD or 60.4539 GBP

Don't know much about the card but i hear it runs arma 2 pretty well.

ASUS EAH4770/HTDI/512MD5 Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121317

Cost:99.99 USD or 60.4539 GBP

Slightly lower performance than the 4850 but when overclocked its up there with the 4850!

Galaxy 25SFF6HMUEXI GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162029

Cost:109.99 USD or 66.4999 GBP

Don't know anything about the card but has good reviews and benchmark is between the 4850 and 4770!

SAPPHIRE 100258-1GHDMI Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102837

Cost: $124.99 USD or 75.5859 GBP

A 4850 but with 1GB of Video Card Ram

XFX HD-483X-YDFC Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150336

Cost:$104.99 USD or 63.5010 GBP

A 4830 512mb Card.. i don't know alot about these..

Except for one small problem from buying from Newegg if you live in the UK:

Does Newegg.com ship internationally?

Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico.

Hi! I'm thinking of buying a new computer. I was wondering, what graphics-card would you recommend? (Not to expensive). I'm thinking of buying the Radeon HD 4650 1Gb.

Do you think it's any good? I'm also getting the Phenom II 940 black edition :D

i got 1 Qs

why does arma use only 1/1.1 GB i have 4gb Windows 7 use almost 800-900mb why does it not touch the ohter 2 GB or atleast 1GB more

Hi! I'm thinking of buying a new computer. I was wondering, what graphics-card would you recommend? (Not to expensive). I'm thinking of buying the Radeon HD 4650 1Gb.

Do you think it's any good? I'm also getting the Phenom II 940 black edition :D

Depends on your idea of "too expensive", I'd try and go for something like a HD4870 instead. What's your budget?

why does arma use only 1/1.1 GB i have 4gb Windows 7 use almost 800-900mb why does it not touch the ohter 2 GB or atleast 1GB more

Because maybe it doesn't need that much memory? Most people only have 2GB of RAM, so I'd imagine they'd design the software to use as little resources as possible to ensure everyone can run it. Software doesn't just use RAM for the sake of it, generally, using as little as possible is considered good design practise.

I posted this a while ago:

Hello, the only thing I need to upgrade is my graphics card.

ATM I have: Nvidia Geforce 8800GS, real budget-card (store-computer)

I am thinking of getting: ASUS RADEON HD4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI.

Will that work fine?

Or is 4850 with 1gb ram more worth getting?

He uses a Quad Care @2.66 and a GC NVidia GTX285

I'm on a:

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB

Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.6Ghz

2GB DDR2 RAM.

And when playing this game I'm having all setting except Texture and Aniostropic on LOW!

Texture and Ani is on Normal/High.

And still i get bad FPS when playing missions.

It's really silly, as i play ArmA1 on Veryhigh/high.

Let's hope it gets better optimized.

Everything is also very very blurry. Miss the good old AA.

Fillrate is F**** up, if I may express myself like that... Completely worthless.

Although, if the graphics gets fixed (Actually they are worse now than in ArmA1), this game will be a monster of a game! :)

I posted this a while ago:

Hello, the only thing I need to upgrade is my graphics card.

ATM I have: Nvidia Geforce 8800GS, real budget-card (store-computer)

I am thinking of getting: ASUS RADEON HD4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI.

Will that work fine?

Or is 4850 with 1gb ram more worth getting?

The 4890 is the better card, it's one of the best cards available today actually. The 4850 is quite a bit cheaper, but you get less performance for the price.

What do people think of this system? It's what I'm planning to upgrade to:

AMD Phenom II X4 Black @ 3.0GHz

Gigabyte HD4850 1GB (Can't afford a 4870)

Kingston 2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz

This would be running at 1920x1080 by the way, don't mind not playing at full settings. Medium settings will do fine, just as long as I'm able to spot the enemy before they get too close. :p

Depends on your idea of "too expensive", I'd try and go for something like a HD4870 instead. What's your budget?

Maybe around $200 or something:)

Guys, do you think I could run ArmA 2 reasonably at a reasonable (22 FPS) frames per second?

Here are my specs:

Q6600 2.4 GHz

4 GB of RAM

HD 3870X2

if i buy an german online version , can i play without FADE problem , if i use an installer of DVD ?

ps: i'm french, and i can't wait to play this game. my neighboor has the DVD version , maybe i could use a german purchase key for use it with IT'S DVD . my bandwith is small ...

nah, I took lazy option, just bought system whole. I could change the card no problem...but hadnt thought I needed too after playing the resource hog GTA4 on max. Ah well, time will tell......

I just finished putting together my tower.

I got an i7 920 and dual SLI 275 GTX running with 6gigs of corsair ram.

I'm getting 60-62 fps on World in Conflict with everything on maxed out and vsync on. all at 1900 x 1200 on a 24" samsung T240 with stock speeds.

I'll try to over clock my system this weekend.

I'll be happy to get a consistant 30 fps.

Is GTA4 more of a System hog the World in Conflict?

Link pls :)

Is GTA4 more of a System hog the World in Conflict?

Yes. But with the Core i7 you should be fine.

put it this way soulfly, there were ppl on gtaforums.net whn could run crysis fine and were suffering with gta4, ur system HAS to run arma2 wel or were all doomed!

I@ve just done some testing on FPS with Fraps.

on Boot Camp I get 75fps with everything on High, fillrate @ 100%, view dist at 3km.

During the Campaign I am at this bit where my FPS is very low. it hovers around 25fps + or - 3fps and doesn't reall vary much. Looking straight at the ground or straight up doesn't change it like you'd normally expect.

Furthermore, I then set everything as low as possible. even fill rate @ 50%. The Fps's didn't change at all.

Either this is down to an issue in the graphics engine, or poor optimisation, or the bottle neck is totally down to the cpu and AI requirements at the time.

My Spec is

Windows7 64bit

4GB Ram

Core 2 Duo @ 3.2GHZ

GTX 260 216 - latest drivers.