Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

About BW units. Looks like Digital Centurion get you wrong reference ideas. I was given some consultations by Lis from flashpoint.ru, who actually reconstruct BW of the same years with his team.

1. Buttons are usually hidden on BW uniform.

2. Pouches from 1982 year cannot be worn on 1973 year webbing.

3. This is older webbing we have now:

27137_0.jpg

This is new we actually need. In these regards side flusk pouch should be changed on shovel one.

2919-400x500.jpg

99539bcc1500t.jpg

4. In addition - helmet suspension system should have one more belt. Look down to see it.

8e9845cafea63d0efc.jpg

Ah ok, my mistake, i believed the 1973 webbing was replaced by the 1988 webbing, i was not aware of a 1983 webbing. But in 1985 the '73 webbing must have still seen some use (if my experience with military procurements is correct smile_o.gif ). Anyways, sorry for the wrong reference guys.

CWR units look good but they are not accurate technically, not realistically geared (specially Soviets who have gear like SLA, not wearing real type of gear/webbing)

Wow... nice job insulting the CWR units to try and make your US units seem more accurate.

I can find numerous issues with the Project 85 US units. There are many more issues with them both visually, historically, and quality wise than with the CWR US units. One example would be that they wear some molle pouches which is totally and completely wrong for one example.

One small issue I'll clear up with you. In the 80's you didn't need to be deployed to a Jungle area to wear jungle boots. They were worn as much for style and a way to show who's "been there, done that".

Also I see your even using the US boot textures I made. I could have used those as well for the CWR units but chose jungle boots as Malden is a dry, arid island and those deployed there would use that deployment as an excuse to wear them. I was in during the 80's as well as half my friends and many of my cousins so I didn't make that decision for no reason.

You guys are doing a great job, there is no need to be an asshole and put down others work when you should look at your own work that is wrong first.

That had to happen i guess.

My apologies as P85 member.

Without a doubt the CWR units are extremely well crafted - when i first started CWR and checked units i was thinking they look like a BIS employee made them - and the only thing they lack is a bigger variety.

But they dont need that for the simple reason that CWR - as said before - is supposed to bring back OFP and not simulate a ( nearly ) whole WP vs NATO war.

In the end i still look at your units and cant name where they are exactly better yet i have a feeling that model wise they are bit better especially when it comes to the extremely well shaped KLMK.

Both mods have their pros and contras and i hope all P85 members stay out of this whos mod is better bs next time.

---

Mods aside, i for one would love to make some units with you Ebud but i guess it will never happen because i guess youre quite a busy man.

Quote[/b] ]You guys are doing a great job, there is no need to be an asshole and put down others work when you should look at your own work that is wrong first.

Generalizing isn't going to get anybody anywhere.

CWR achieves a nice work and its approach is rather interesting, to say the least.

But please, let's put an end to this to avoid this become kind of irremediable.

Regards,

TB

Edit: Typos

A few shots of some aircrafts cockpits (Rotary/fixed wings) Aircrafts:

Su-25:

Cock_1.jpg

AH-64A:

cock_3.jpg

Mi-24V:

cock_2.jpg

(Enhanced RHS Hind variant with working instruments and materials [Normal/Specular Maps] on cockpit textures])

Regards,

TB

Quote[/b] ]Wow... nice job insulting the CWR units to try and make your US units seem more accurate.

first insulting were your members which said our units uses MOLLE vests while we had PASGT made long time ago (models were made before release of CWR) look at some posts on topic (before P85 topic started)

even we had something long time ago improved someone from your mod was few times insulting in my topic, as moderator you can find his posts easily :P

if someone says about our mod "stop do something cause CWR has it better" than i must clear that what is reason that we do our own infantry in way we do and it is made in some details like it is made

so when person X will say "CWR infantry is better, do not do your own" i must say that CWR in their release from December (one i had on my PC) had ripstop on helmet, vest and no fastening and US crewman was equipped in M4A1 (produced since 1994) and soviets had gear/webbing from SLA to answer this person words

also on my PC (VGA Nvidia 7900GS, LCD Samsung, profiles of colours from drivers) your woodland had blue colour instead of black (Arma colours options on "32 bits")

Wasn't the CWR release an Alpha/Beta one? Because there would be no need to go so harsh on them if that was the case.

Lets get back on the topic of Project 85 please.

Guys like you mentioned earlier your still lacking missions or a campaign, does anyone happen to know any of the guys who worked on flashpoints 'Retaliation; Peace Keeper' campaign? that was second to none the most professionally created user campaign made for OFP and if theres a chance you can get hold of em...I think it would be a wise move smile_o.gif

hell yeah, that would be awesome to have retaliation: peace keeper campaign in project 85'. i think that retaliation campaign is even better than bis ones and now i'm playing it again, but with FFSX 85 mod for ofp $.$

Wont happen as we would need the islands and all that from OFP, that could rather be done with a full version of CWR.

But indeed it was a extremely well done campaign.

We -or in this case rahter just NSX- talked to OTK about some cooperation but nothing is decided there.

Would offcourse be a great thing to have them working on somethign for us as they showed many quality missions so far.

Finished the implementation of the Artillery Feature:

- You have to get close to the Leader's Radio or to the Radio Operator in order to contact the deployed Artillery Batteries.

- Ability to choose the number of strikes + scattering via a dialog menu. (A la FFUR)

- Only 1 call available.

Its main purpose is to be simple, accessible and fully friendly-user.

Video

Cheers to Franze for his support in fixing some little issues with the script.

Thanks to the XAM MOD for the US voices.

------------------------------------------------------------

Now waiting for some Russian Voices in order to include the artillery feature to the Soviet Side as well.

Regards,

TB

- Only 1 call available.

That looks excellent. I'd say you got user-friendly down to a science. That's seems simple enough to implement, very well done sir.

My only question comes from "Only 1 call available". Does this mean it will only be able to be used once per mission or the is only one type of call, i.e. the radio conversation/dialog from the video is the only recorded option.

Well, it was chosen to set up only 1 call per mission in order to not make the artillery support affect 'that much' the mission's status.

A kind of last resort ability. ;]

Cheers for the nice words,

Regards,

TB

Nice and simple.. just the way it should be! smile_o.gif

I know its still WIP and such, just only one note on the sounds tough. The incoming sound is a lot louder then the explosion. Should the explosion sound not be louder then the incoming sound? Anyway... your guys are doing a great job on this mod!

Yes, actually the impact sounds are the default ones but the script will get its own pre-defined impact artillery SFX with a higher volume and with more intensity.

All in all, scary artillery sounds. ;]

Regards,

TB

I hope the feature will be fully MP compatible smile_o.gif

Please, lower(omit) ðþêçàêè at the Soviet soldier below, and that in a rule(situation) laying they rest him(it) against a head, partially even it appear inside.

Sorry i dont understand what you try to say.

Can you please be bit more clearer?

i think he may be using an online translator?

Yes, it is necessary, as I do not speak on English

what language do you speak? I am more than certain there will be a few members here who will be able to speak your language, and translate it for you a little clearer

Well i think i understand.

You suggest that we lower the RD-54 backpacks on the troops.

I agree there but im not the model maker so Vilas has to do this.

On some units its really needed, for example on Spetsnaz with bandana the bandana clips too much with the too high backpack.