Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

WIP on Molniya-Vympel R-60 ( AA-8 Aphid ).

(edited for saving space)

Cheers, GH.

What soviet units wore body armor, and what was the body armor called?

Basically, the Frogfoot wasn't designed for Air to Air combat,

I know that, but I think it has two hardpoints that are dedicated to these missiles for self-defence purposes. I see GodHammer has made a model, and its looking very nice smile_o.gif

Due to ArmA limitations in terms of weapons proxies (Since every winged aircraft is able to carry only 1 kind of missiles), then the incorporation of a second missile to the loadout will require to script the whole system, and instead we will just increase the Frogfoot's ranks by making every variant carry a specific loadout and get its own skin (Camouflage/Pattern).

Regarding the effects and features that the MOD will be featuring, as some of you already know, we opted for the upcoming ECS version which is currently under development by the ECS MOD alongside with some very stable parts of the SLX MOD (Wounds Fx, Body Dismemberment, AI elementary tactics [Flank enemy position, Suppressive fir, enter buildings...]).

The project is nicely growing thanks to the dedication of the core team and to the support of some external elements (Godhammer...) and we hope to release a first pack within maximum 2 months.

Regards,

TB

Sounds great, cant wait to see the Su25 take to the skies

First variant of the Su-25:

(B8 Rocket Pods and KH-29L Missiles) Missiles Models by Godhammer:

Shot_1-4.jpg

Shot_2-4.jpg

Regards,

TB

Tha's a mean machine  wink_o.gif

Finished also the dispenser, got to work on those rocket pods now smile_o.gif

SovietKMG-U.jpg

Cheers, GH.

2nd Su-25 variant:

(B8 Rocket Pods + UB-32 Rocket Pods + 2x Aphid Missiles) Su-25 skin by Benus/Missile Models by Godhammer

Shot_1-5.jpg

Shot_2-5.jpg

Regards,

TB

impressive Su25 models, any other planes you will be including?

R0adki11, we surely loved to. smile_o.gif Maybe an older brother of the above presented sometime later. Nothing specific to say here tough; don't treat it as an official P85 statement wink_o.gif

Meanwhile, something like this:

p85bradvg3.th.jpgsov2ar8.th.pngp85greenxs1.th.jpgp85lwp2bb4.th.jpgp85lwp1ch9.th.jpg

Current status of some of the addons + guest starring USMC Addons by FischKopp [WIP]

--------------------------

And of course it wold not be possible to take these without Schmalfelden by NicholasBell

Hi,

Very good work and nice pictures! smile_o.gif

But I think loadouts are incorrect... huh.gif

The KH-29L can only be use on the first pylons. So, the right loadout for each wings of the SU-25 should be KH-29L, KH-25ML (2X), S-8 RP and R-60 for the precision strike version. I dont know if the Su-25 should carry UB-32 rockets pods... I think S-13 RP is more often see and would be a better choice. So, the loadout of the CAS version would be mixed weapons like that: Bombs (FAB, KAB or KMG-U), S-8 RP (2X) or KH-25ML + B-8 RP, S-13 RP and R-60 to deal with any possible situations.

0926081.jpg

Bigger

You probably already know that website:

Soviet/Russian AG weapons

Anyways, it's only my opinion... wink_o.gif

Again good work and good night!

-Soviet-

Quote[/b] ] I dont know if the Su-25 should carry UB-32 rockets pods

The SU-25 carries specific UB-32 rocket pods, slightly different from the one illustrated on the screenshots and the model in question will be updated soon.

Since this version rather belongs to combat helicopters.

Regarding the loadout, please keep in mind that every Frogfoot's variant included within the MOD will be using 1 variety of missiles alongside with rockets due to ArmA engine limitations in terms of missiles proxies, that's why there is an attempt to mix as best as we can the actual stuff according to the actual limitations to avoid to have something of 'too' monotonous.

Regards,

TB

2 Soviet

For not 100% correct loadout - say thanks to BIS, which limited 1 rocket type per plane. About other things - solid research was done to carry out realistic setup for Su-25.

i no that i sud't ask but when will the release?   whistle.gif

----------------

See the previous page and pay attention to TB 's words whistle.gif

wink_o.gif

i no that i sud't ask but when will the release? whistle.gif

----------------

See the previous page and pay attention to TB 's words whistle.gif

wink_o.gif

But make sure to note the "hope" in the phrase "we hope to release a first pack within maximum 2 months". Undoubtedly about 2 months from now someone will start demanding to know where is the release that was promised. sad_o.gif

It's a damn shame when that happens.

Keep at it gents! By the looks of the screens, updates and discussions; this is a monumental task you all have undertaken. I can't thank you enough for the work thus far and over the next months. Regardless...

Thank you.

let's forget about release date for now ok? for me, it's the matter of perfection, than a release date too early.

BTW, i want to point something out:

more sources of info are available, feel free to ask any kind of it wink_o.gif

(info which would help creating mod's vehicles, aircrafts, boats, weapons...)

Hi,

Nice infos Gedis! smile_o.gif

(...)

Regarding the loadout, please keep in mind that every Frogfoot's variant included within the MOD will be using 1 variety of missiles alongside with rockets due to ArmA engine limitations in terms of missiles proxies, that's why there is an attempt to mix as best as we can the actual stuff according to the actual limitations to avoid to have something of 'too' monotonous. (...)

If I understand well, because KH-29L and KH-25ML are both considering like missiles by ARMA engine, you cant use it together on your SU-25. So I think KH-25ML would be a better choice instead of the KH-29L because realisticly, you can put 4 of them on your plane. KH-25ML is very similar to the KH-29L and was made for the same missions, it is only older. It could be a nice mix: 4 KH-25ML + 4 S-8 rockets pods + 2 P-60.

2 Soviet

(...) About other things - solid research was done to carry out realistic setup for Su-25.

I'm sure of that! smile_o.gif

For realism... wink_o.gif

-Soviet-

@soviet,

you should see a Su-25T/Su-39 loadout list, at least twise as long as original Su-25... rofl.gif

I recall that footmunch used some scripts to set object textures (transparent texture = fired missile) to get around the 1 proxy only limitation. From a user-standpoint it worked quite well, but perhaps things have changed since Ofp?

Great job on those planes.

I was wondering... do you know wich map could be used best for these units?

I think they are basing their mod in Sahrani. I dont think they have any plans for maps (not that I have seen anyway)