Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

SBP for ACE

sbp4ace.jpg

ADDON : SBP Slovenian Soldiers for ACE made by Smukec, IceBreakr, M., PeterGrozni

Current version : 1.5 for ACEmod

Release Date :2009/Mar/12

======================

CONTACT INFORMATION :

======================

Mail: info at vojak.si

======================

REQUIRED ADDONS:

======================

ACEmod 1.02 or higher

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

This addon represents Slovenian Soldiers in two uniform types along with new cool weapons.

==============================

CONTENT/FEATURES/CHANGES/BUGS :

- Woodland (default) & Desert camo (peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Chad etc.).

- new custom ACE weapons & SBP Weapons crates: AR (assault rifles), MG (heavy MGs), AT (anti-tank), Snipe (sniping), Spec Ops (satchels, bombs, supressed weapons) and Exposives (satchels & bombs).

- units that can be found under "BLUFOR/SBP SV":

SV Officer (M9)

SV Fireteam Leader (F2000S GL/ACOG)

SV Automatic Rifleman (M249)

SV Rifleman (F2000S)

SV Medic (F2000S)

SV Anti-tank (F2000S & M80 Zolja)

SV Sniper (M24 & M9)

- special crate containing a laser pointing device for NCOs

- Slovenian flag/pole that can be found under "EMPTY/Objects"

- crates also contain old weapons from Ex-Yugoslavia such as: M70AB1, M70AB2, Tromblone mines and M80 Zolja rocket launcher.

CHANGELOG/BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES:

1.0 - initial release, 3 camos included + military police

1.1 - small bugfix: leaders wounds now visible

1.2 - fixed desert camo colors, now more realistic

1.3 - more realistic skin colors, faces representing real Slovenian soldiers, 1.3 - fixed bug: able to select satchels/grenades after respawn

1.4 - internal beta for SBP Team tests, removed alternative camo & MP uniform

1.5 - final release for ArmA 1.xx & ACEmod 1.02 or higher (required!wink_o.gif

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

Download here (30 MB 7-zip).

The PBO files in the archive need to be extracted into your ArmA/Addons folder.

However the mod folder method is waaay better solution!

Copy the following URL into your browser to view a Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder

When you're done run the game and find the units under BLUFOR/SBP SV. Weapon crates are under standard "EMPTY/Ammo".

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

BIS for creating ArmA, Vilas for offering editing tips, McHide and others from SBP Team for testing it out and providing feedback and of course - creators of ACEmod!

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

We take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

This readme has been made by using the ArmedAssault.info Readme Generator. Check ArmedAssault.info to get the latest ArmA news !

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6611708.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ACE Mod 1.3

DOWNLOAD - ACE Mod patch 1.4

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/6611708.gif[/IMG]

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ACE Mod 1.3

If you prefere a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - SBP for ACE (v.1.5) - [30 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ACE Mod 1.3

very nice. looking forward to trying out the new weapons. really good thing to make it ACE compatible.

popcorn: well, you can use our old beta version located here - this one doesn't require ACE installed and works with default ArmA.

What is it that makes this ACE dependant? Is it possible (and/or permissible) to removed said dependency?

I looked forward to these the last time I saw them, but I'm one of the heretics who doesn't care for the ACE setup.

Just asking, as I have no intention of earning anyones ire by hacking their code to bits.

RabidStoat: well to cut the story short medical items have been added and boxes that are specific to a mission. For example I don't like to see entire team using sniper rifles against AI (they stand no chance) so I only put AR/AT/Explosives boxes in some missions. If there is a special operation we put in SpecOps or Snipes crates.

That is basically it. Use the link I've posted 2 posts above, its basically the same without the ACE stuff added.

@Icebreakr

That link deadends with a 404, but thanks for the reply

RabidStoat: well to cut the story short medical items have been added and boxes that are specific to a mission. For example I don't like to see entire team using sniper rifles against AI (they stand no chance) so I only put AR/AT/Explosives boxes in some missions. If there is a special operation we put in SpecOps or Snipes crates.

That is basically it. Use the link I've posted 2 posts above, its basically the same without the ACE stuff added.

so the guns/damage aren't balanced in relation to ACE guns? if so then that's a pity.

to me ACE brings a great compatibility that using separate mods in Arma usually lacks, and so i was happy to see a mod that keeps that holistic component yet adds variety in the form of new troops and weapons, etc.

It is totally compatible because we use ACE NATO ammo anyway and their stuff overrides default (BIS) stuff.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but they don't show in BLUFOR side.  I'm only using Keg's launcher with ACE mod, ACE islands, QG and SBP4ACE activated. I've doublechecked the folder too.

GD Mast

Well, its a "feature" of ACE to not show any other units. Its really simple:

Open up file /dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

and change line:

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS visible

to

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

Save & you're ready to go.

They seem to be missing normal maps.

Edited by MehMan

I like your zolja launcher,could you make replacement config for it?

Its in the pack, didn't you test it out? Its called FN2000GL...

no i only found the one with a scope on it:D i think its name is the FN2000S

Edited by {G&L}ACF{SCOTDG}
forgot to write the extra bit

Check out all of the weapons under Empty-Ammo- SBP xxx :)

Pardon my asking, but did you guys ever make a supressed version of the FN2000? I noticed it was talked about in the past (in relation to special forces units).