Sign in to follow this  
MIDAS327

release date?

Hello all. Im currently trying to decide which game to buy (OFPDR or ArmA2).  The release date is going to be a major deciding factor for me.  I know that OFPDR will be released during the summer and I didnt know if the community here knew a date or approximate time of release for ArmA2.  Thankyou in advance for all of your help.

There's an important part i forgot to ask, does that timeframe pretain to the consoles? Or is it all just PC?

at least the OFP community isnt so hostile towards new members seeking info.

These forums got a bunch of parameters and rules that most forums don't usually follow. If you notice from one of the current threads from the front page simply asking about a demo - that got locked in a heartbeat by our beloved Placebo (who carrys the locks around here). All I can say (from experience) is that this thread will be locked in due time, once one of the moderators see this thread. It's been a few hundred years since I've read the forum rules but I've got a good idea on what they are, but it might be worth it to take a look. Some of those rules might not be so obvious. As in, "introductory threads" aren't permitted etc.

To your question. It can easily be answered by doing a quick search. Go to the Official website: www.arma2.com

39546831.jpg

To be determined. Unknown. 2009.

'which game to buy'? Are you kidding me? Buy both, regardless of when.

The only thing that will prevent me from buying is too many reports of an unstable game, which GTA4 PC version is currently experiencing.

Yes, if your not sure buy both and see which one you keep playing.

I have a feeling that they will offer quite different experience even though they are officially some kind of competitors.. What game you prefer is impossible to say, so buy both and see for yourself. It would be a shame if you miss out on a game you may like better because its released later.

To be honest I´d wait for a playable demo of both games and then decide if you will buy OFP DR or Arma 2.

Right now there´s a lot of hype going on with both games but as I´m quite sceptical when it comes to hypes I´ll wait for a demo before I hit the "buy now" button.

I pre-ordered Arma2 from amazon.co.uk and they say its estimated shipping date is 26-30/6/09...

However have been here before MANY times so not holding my breath (much)  inlove.gif

any sec now...I can feel a closing...

But while it is open, no one outside of BIS know the dates... so this is all specualtion. Just need to sit tight.

Before today i´d most likely put all my money (none, lol) on the 10th of May, a little resemblance to the standard editor date since OFP  biggrin_o.gif

But this, together with the quote from amazon.co.uk in mandrakes post just brutally killed that expectation.

This is the Ofp community!   banghead.gif

But yeah no-one really knows when on both games?

We don't know exact release date as that has not been disclosed (don't think "we stole your name"-OFP has exact release date either).

The OFP community remark is sickening and proves that BIS's move to complain about the "sequel name game" is entirely correct.

If you want a good idea of what Arma2 will be like, check out Arma1 in the discount bin.

Arma2 should be better then Arma1.

Patch up Arma1 to 1.15beta, download ACEmod and go and have fun fighting 20vs20 or fighting hundreds ai's in real military mission style online.

This is the "OFP Community", I guess you're talking about some other Flashpoint forums? They don't have anywhere near the amount of members that we have here, thus we set a number of rules in place to serve the greater majority.

As such they are things like "search before posting", if you or anyone else had done that they'd find the answer to the "release date question" smile_o.gif