Sign in to follow this  
Spetz

Good Music

I loved the music from OFP, Can we get the same quality of music for ArmA 2?

ArmA 1's had no music that's memorable or new compared to OFP

The irony there is, the ArmA1 music was done by the same guy that did OFP (Ondoej Matijka)

I think the ArmA1 music was good overall. Some parts were great, some ok. It was a different style to OFP.

It's just a pity there wasn't a great campaign to make use of it.

The Rahmadi Conflict campaign that was part of the Queens Gambit campaign had some excellent music. A few of those tracks can be heard in the ArmA2 trailer - the long one on the http://www.arma2.com home page.

OFP music = more symphonic (also, rock parts here and there..Hell, I miss the trumphet theme from Resistance ! biggrin_o.gif )

ArmA music focuses toooo much on the rock part. Hey I have nothing againts their bad-ass guitar but bringing some good old OFP style music (Slow Blades, now that was an epic soundtrack ! ) back would be nice too  crazy_o.gif

The 2 redone tracts of OFP music in Arma were also Epic, would be nice to get them all done like that biggrin_o.gif for the good of things and maybe a load of new tracks along those lines for Arma 2 tounge2.gif

Yes, the style of OFP1s Music was better, more epic, mor orchestral (i like that very much), etc...

I hope that we see something similar, fitting for this conflict/story.

would also like to see some music which fits the location (maybe some accordians e.t.c. - i assume they would have them in chernarus) i think some traditional folk music might sound good in the villages.

some of the tracks from OFP really made some of the missions. Such that when I hear those songs i get memories of drving around Everon and shooting the commies. If Arma could do that then I willl be very happy biggrin_o.gif

Also that video from arma 2 the music in that made me think of videos from Russian helicopter raids I have seen. would be really coll to have that in.

I just started playing 1985 & red hammer again, and the music (and missions, and just about everything...) is just awesome compared to ArmA.

Use the same songs if you can't make anything similar anymore...

Quote[/b] ]Use the same songs if you can't make anything similar anymore...

That is indeed a good suggestion!

I don't think anyone of the fans would mind to take that awesome songs again.

How about contracting Seventh once again?  

Been listening to lifeless this morning, and besides waking me up, it also reminded me of how great the music in OFP is! thumbs-up.gif

edit: According to a comment in

(lifeless) Mr. Lagettie is ready for duty and would even work for OFP2 .. hopefully he was just mixing up the names lol

Been listening to lifeless this morning, and besides waking me up, it also reminded me of how great the music in OFP is! thumbs-up.gif

(lifeless) Mr. Lagettie is ready for duty and would even work for OFP2 .. hopefully he was just mixing up the names lol

What, OFP 2 ?

No way, that Call of Duty shooter doesn't deserve a proper 'OFP' numetal crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nah, make it cheap. BI team, three cases beer and Singstar.

rofl.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@ Burns: Wasn't the Seventh guy the co-founder of BIA, together with BIS?

If thats the case, i don't think he would make the music for OFP2.

They are too busy on the VBS from some interview I've read wink_o.gif

I'm all for including all music from the previous games into ArmA II. It only takes around 70 megabytes.