Sign in to follow this  
walker

ArmA II too Good to believe!

Panda, what is wrong with the M4 and what is wrong at the tanks?

I know that it wasn't BIS' strength around OFP and Arma1 times, with 100% accuracy at the models, but For Arma2 everything looked right for me on the first spot...

Panda, what is wrong with the M4 and what is wrong at the tanks?

I know that it wasn't BIS' strength around OFP and Arma1 times, with 100% accuracy at the models, but For Arma2 everything looked right for me on the first spot...

Some people are never statisfied... confused_o.gif

I just wish that when tree is fallen AI wont be able to see you and shoot you trough it. Trees are great cover until they are crushed down in ArmA and OFP. From what we have seen in videos I am pretty sure that BIS has most things covered. If something wont be perfect or whatever then they can still patch things up. I dunno why are people making panic, the game is not even out yet. Take it easy, one.

I believe this was a glitch that was fixed in a patch. Not sure though, think Ill may test it

I don't know where you live TheRedDog, but we in America had at least 14-player lagless games in OFP:Elite, even with the pleasing graphics. I expect to be able to do the same in the graphically stunning ArmA II on XBL.

I suspect that those 4 - 6 player games are part of an industry trend (like the retarded "OMG! It has 2-player COOP! Permit me to wet myself!", then "OMG! This game has 4, count them, *4*-player coop!") or a Microsoft requirement, because they sure don't make sense, EVEN when your game is graphically top-of-the-line.

I'll just be happy if I can enjoy ArmA II's graphics on the 360 with at least 12 player games. This 2-player coop is for gamers looking for someone to shower with.

Hi all

I donate these three straplines to BIS to plaster on their videos:

(1) "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. ArmA WYSIWYG even in our advertising" © 2009

2) "100% Pure natural ArmA, No Artificial pre-renders or fakery added" © 2009

3) "ACTUAL IN GAME FOOTAGE! This is what you see when you play ArmA " © 2009

Kind Regards walker

(like the retarded "OMG!  It has 2-player COOP!  Permit me to wet myself!", then "OMG! This game has 4, count them, *4*-player coop!") or a Microsoft requirement, because they sure don't make sense, EVEN when your game is graphically top-of-the-line.

I'll just be happy if I can enjoy ArmA II's graphics on the 360 with at least 12 player games.  This 2-player coop is for gamers looking for someone to shower with.

Eh??? Speak for yourself mate.

Gamers preferences are very different.

I don't like MP much so I only really play CO-OP games and I prefer to play System Link (360) next to my mate(s), each with our own screens.

It's a sociable way to enjoy games and encourages a lot of banter......not showers  biggrin_o.gif

@Panda,

I sincerely hope that Arma2's AI will be very,very,very,very,very,very much NOT like Farcry2's AI.

That is one of the dummest AI ever seen in a game. They did NOT use cover and did NOT move tactically. They just stood there firing at you or running towards you.

Ontopic,

The video's looked indeed very nice. Let's hope it plays just as well as it looks. thumbs-up.gif

@Panda,

I sincerely hope that Arma2's AI will be very,very,very,very,very,very much NOT like Farcry2's AI.

That is one of the dummest AI ever seen in a game. They did NOT use cover and did NOT move tactically. They just stood there firing at you or running towards you.

Ontopic,

The video's looked indeed very nice. Let's hope it plays just as well as it looks.  thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, a lot of things that were shown in the early builds of FarCry2 did not make it into the final game unfortunately, that includes the "what would have been" decent AI that we saw in one of the demonstrations. Overall FC2 became a huge letdown for what people were expecting.

@Panda,

Yeah, a lot of things that were shown in the early builds of FarCry2 did not make it into the final game unfortunately, that includes the "what would have been" decent AI that we saw in one of the demonstrations. Overall FC2 became a huge letdown for what people were expecting.

Well, i had some 40 hours of solid fun with FarCry2 campaign:)

Anyway, if the AI would be as good as you guys wanted you wouldn't have a game in the first place. After all you are a solo guy. If i, as a loner, would take on a base of 15 soldiers, you would never EVER get the work done if those 15 AI soldiers would be as smart as you.

It could be sweet if they implement something like
on ARMA II ... i´m pretty tired of the scripted death animations wink_o.gif

This is maybe something for Arma3.... tounge2.gif

But yeahh its very awesome and i love GTA4 Animations/Impact-effects and so on.... clearly something BIS could lool at for some impressions.

@Panda,

Anyway, if the AI would be as good as you guys wanted you wouldn't have a game in the first place. After all you are a solo guy. If i, as a loner, would take on a base of 15 soldiers, you would never EVER get the work done if those 15 AI soldiers would be as smart as you.

But it's no fun if the AI is too dumb. FarCry2 was still entertaining, but a lot of things it was hyped up to be ended up not so true. The free roaming was a joke. The AI that kept respawning moments (seconds?) after you left an area became extremely annoying. Destructability was dumbed down (though setting things on fire was very fun). Everyone outside of the safe zones attacked you. I know they didn't want you to have a dull moment, but sometimes it's better to give the player some suspence to see if you may or may not be attacked by some guys posted at a bridge who happen to be in the same faction that you are currently working for. I think Yatzee was pretty accurate on how the game turned out in one of his reviews.

Mmmm...off topic but a must see...

AI - OMG

If only they could implement this!

Too bad i will never get my wish, as I believe this will be the last military "game" of this series from BI.

@Panda,

But...Dhuu

Thats the whole idea...

You alone shouldnt stand a chance in a hot hell against

15 well trained soldiers. This is a battle/war SIMULATER

not a simarcade... crazy_o.gif

pistols.gif

I found Far Cry 2's A.I. to be quite formidable for the first several hours of play. They DID move tactically and they DID take cover, but this was in what was essentially a jungle-type environment.

They DID not know how to engage the player in anything but a Kamikaze fashion, unless they were specifically placed to snipe.

I found FC2's A.I. to be MUCH, MUCH better than Battlefield: Bad Company's.

For an outdoorsy game like FC2 or OFP/ArmA, the A.I. must be able to engage from a variety of ranges. I find it disappointing when an A.I. has an M2 .50 and doesn't engage me from 800 meters away.

By far, A.I. is absolutely the MOST IMPORTANT area of this game. Turning out sub-standard A.I. because you were focusing on graphics or nuts and bolts on a 3-D model isn't the way to increase brand-name popularity.

If I were a programmer, A.I. would be the most amusing thing to code. You're essentially playing "god".

It makes me cry reading that "ArmA is much like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter".

It's just like GRAW in the fact that 1: it's not full of hollywood bullshit, 2: ArmA is an actual tactical shooter and GRAW is some shitty hybrid who is supposed to come close to that, but totally fails in every aspect, 3: ArmA2 is going to be a worthy successor whereas GRAW destroyed a legacy much like Vegas and Lockdown did for the Rainbow Six games, 4: GRAW is full of untested futuristic crap and his noobish indicators that show you exactly where enemies are when the game thinks you see them, while you might not have noticed them yourself at all... The list goes on for a long while.

It has been a long, long, long time since i have read a 'professional' gaming magazine or website write anything about tactical shooters or simulatons while actually having some damn insight into the matter.

For once i'd like someone 'in the scene' not referring to GRAW or Vegas as the greatest-ever-tactical shooters while totally ignoring their roots.

Because that which they are now comparing ArmA2 with is a #*%@ing empty shell of what Ghost Recon used to be.

/end rant... sigh

the only time i've seen someone with sense write a review of a realistic shooter was in the "xbox world 360" magazine's review of OFP:Elite, (i didn't even see that game mentioned anywhere else) they gave it 9.something.

I believe that part of the OICW program was a motion-sensing optic that did draw diamonds around man-sized moving targets, relying on two-frame differencing.

Mmmm...off topic but a must see...

AI - OMG

Offtopic but AI is quite similar in Men of War - soldiers use dynamic objects (destroyed house pieces, vehicles) as a cover. AI, physics, mission design, realism, tank modeling are on the top level and every mission playable as coop. It´s the best game of this year for me with upcoming ArmA2 and Mafia2.