Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

US Infantry - 2005

Finally got the fwarking things looking a semblance of "ok." Seeing as I couldn't pull up my ole 1ID topic (WTH did it go?), I'll write a new topic for this one. Basically this pack has a few US infantry models from late '04 essentially through to the end of '05. That is, of course, just after ACU started being fielded to US units, leading to many pie-bald units running around, as these ones well demonstrate.

They'd be at home in an early-phase OIF mission of sorts. They blend decently in desert terrain, and perform no worse than BIS units in woodland terrain - the vests help (excepting the two blokes I put in (the extremely rare, I might add) DCU vests, poor devils). Even better, they are very well optimised. The "heaviest" unit has 4 sections, and around 9,000 faces. And yes, he's a National Guardsman. biggrin_o.gif When you've got 27 custom models to make, you tend to try and make them lightweight.

I left shoulder unit and combat patches off because people said they'd prefer nothing to be there, so be it. The clan patch should hopefully show up there in MP.

Thanks go out to the following:

Jonny - several parts of the model is his work, bless him. Let it be known that I owe him several (billion) beers, and have sworn a blood oath to fetch him one should he over come visit Down Under. He is, in short, THE man.

BIS - 'nuff said.

Ebud - erm... you'll know his work when you see it. biggrin_o.gif Also thanks to W0lle and Raedor for fielding mah request(s).

DaSquade - them sick ACH straps? All his work, ladeez.

Jahve - massive moral support, and hilarious YouTube clips.

Plaintiff1 - taught me how to cavitate and bake like a submarine and baker, respectively. Also did some beta-testing for me.

RavenDK - prompt beta-testing with a smile.

Vilas - although I didn't end up using what I asked of him, I thank him for giving me the opportunity. Cheers!

Also special thanks to everyone who posts decent ACU pics on the net. Maybe one day I'll make a tiling texture that doesn't blow chunks. confused_o.gif Hopefully by the time ArmA 2 rolls around.

OK, le stuff:

Screenie

2005 US Infantry

No password needed, usual installation, please read the readme and if the download is fecked, send me a kick in the face. A final note: PLEASE tell me if you'd like to use the textures included herein. I'm really quite generous, all you have to do is ask, please.

Downloading another masterpiece from teh "ACU man"  CameronMcDonald!!  biggrin_o.gif

btw unit replacement included to change old 1IDs into new '05?

Damn, this is a curse, just when Im on holiday, there's tons of releases around here crazy_o.gif

The description sounds great, can't wait to get my hands on these once I get home!

btw, just in case you're still wondering where your 1ID thread go, its here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=1155

(9th page of A&M:C) smile_o.gif

Why...Thankyou very much, looking sweet as usual... We just need a replacement config and job done!

Keep up the great work mate, awesome.. notworthy.gif

Awesome release cam....downloading them ASAP.. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Awesome units, Cameron. I only have one request at the moment:

I'm not really a fan of the new FOV these units have. Any chance of an "optional patch" which makes the FOV the same as the default ArmA units? It just kinda buggers with the FOV in vehicles being off centered and whatnot. Great job, none-the-less. biggrin_o.gif

As others wrote before - nice work smile_o.gif

...but...

Does it appear only in my case or is it not working with 1.15?

(thought someone would like to know tounge2.gif)

CameronMcDonald:

Would it be ok with you if I'd release a replacement pack for these units? smile_o.gif

I made 3 versions:

- Normal (using the non _2 models)

- _2 (using the _2 models)

- Mixed (using both versions)

The pack would be binarized and signed ofcourse  smile_o.gif

Ok, here it is!

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>US Infantry 2005 Replacement 1.0</span>

- Got all classes replaced, wounds working etc..

Use files from only one folder at a time! Further details in readme.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzir22inemn

Alternative link: http://ifile.it/icaj2b3

If you have suggestions, feel free to contact me (in this topic [if Cameron doesnt mind], PM, MSN, mail.. it's all in my profile)! smile_o.gif

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

3820086.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - US Infantry - 2005

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/3820086.gif[/IMG]

Required Addons :

If you prefere a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - US Infantry 2005 Replacement (v.1.0) - [2,92 KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

Required Addons :

Can someone out there make some units with 3rd Infantry Division Uniforms would it be difficult to get this done.