Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

No, i think they are the same values, unless i released a more up-to-date config since then, i don't remember (having too many projects to work in the same time does not help to keep track of everything)

sanc remember how we talked about some war ambience sounds in the environments list for mission editors to play with like what CAT did with his afghanistan island? it would be really great if you had something like that with your ww4 addon, some war ambience to make the battle seem bigger than what it really is. consider the dynamic range sound pack's ambience file, or even CAT afghanistan's bombing files, but the hard coded ofp war ambience is dare i say it, garbage.

Edited by BronzeEagle

I've Been Reading all This updates.. more than 5 hours reading carefully downloading all updates today 9 april of 2010 at 5 am

i report broken links at vehicles updates.. and some other's, i have the WW4 mod pack 1.0 i still waiting for the 2.0.... i have to say Sanctuary You Are a Hero !!!!

You Made This game more interesting than ArmA shit D: or others

i wish i could be You :eek: ;)

OFP WILL NEVER DIE __________ KEEP IT IN THAT WAY GUYS GREAT COMUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sanc remember how we talked about some war ambience sounds in the environments list for mission editors to play with like what CAT did with his afghanistan island? it would be really great if you had something like that with your ww4 addon, some war ambience to make the battle seem bigger than what it really is. consider the dynamic range sound pack's ambience file, or even CAT afghanistan's bombing files, but the hard coded ofp war ambience is dare i say it, garbage.

The main difficulty is to actually find good battle environment sounds, implementing them is easy.

I included 2 battle environmental sounds loop in the WW4 helper pbo, they can be found in the sound parts of the triggers.

i report broken links at vehicles updates.. and some other's

Yes, that's unfortunate but i don't have time to check and maintain the availability of those alphas and betas files, there is no real point too as most of them are just a work in progress and are already obsolete in comparison to what i am working right now.

Its ok, sanctuary i know u have lot of work... i was making a mini mod too ..

i quit it Because i didnt find a modeling team im not model creator im more scripts handler :( , Anyway i offer myself as helper in some case u need

[ upload Files, i have Own Mediafire webpage for you to upload 200mb ]

it has some files inside, just tell me if u want it ( to avoid broken links )

i never delete anything from it unless it get new updates

www.mediafire.com/CptHector

or

Megaupload ( 3 months files available )

Att: Cpt Hector

Hi guys. I developed the following script (with some inspiration from other scripts)* that will conveniently change WW4 regular mags to WW4 HD mags, and vice versa. The only input required is the unit to have its mags changed and whether it goes from HD to normal or the other way around.

This can be useful (a) for changing the magazine types of units at the start of the mission without having to type in exactly what magazines to change, and (b) for changing HD mags to normal mags when the player goes to pick them up off of dead enemies. For the latter purpose, a killed eventhandler can be used:

this addeventhandler ["killed",{[_this select 0, false] exec "replacemagazines.sqs"}]

My apologies if someone already wrote and published one of these, but I got to typing it up and figured there's no point in simply keeping it to myself. Feel free to use in your missions. Enjoy :)

(click spoiler to see script)

;WW4 magazine replacement script
;developed by R. Kurtz Dmitriyev 4/16/10
;changes normal dispersion WW4 magazines to WW4 HD mags, or vice versa
;call with parameters [unit to replace mags, switch to HD or not?]
;e.g. [player, false] exec "replacemagazines.sqs"
;would change the player's mags from HD to normal
;if second parameter is left blank, changing from normal to HD is assumed

_unit = _this select 0
_switchtohd = _this select 1

_weapon = primaryweapon _unit
_nonhdmags = ["WW4_W556_30Bmag", "WW4_W556_30BSDmag", "WW4_W762M_200mag","WW4_W556M_200mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30SDmag","WW4_W556M_200SDmag","WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E545_30SDmag", "WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E9x39_20SDmag","WW4_MP5SAmag","WW4_MP5SASDmag","WW4_E762M_200mag","WW4_E545M_75mag","WW4_E545M_75SDmag","WW4_E9x39_20mag","WW4_E762_30mag","WW4_E762_30SDmag","WW4_E762M_40mag","WW4_W762_20mag","WW4_W762_20SDmag"]
_hdmags = ["WW4_W556_30BHDmag", "WW4_W556_30BSDHDmag","WW4_W762M_200HDmag","WW4_W556M_200HDmag","WW4_W556_30HDmag","WW4_W556_30SDHDmag","WW4_W556M_200SDHDmag","WW4_E545_30HDmag","WW4_E545_30SDHDmag", "WW4_E545_30HDmag","WW4_E9x39_20SDHDmag","WW4_MP5SAHDmag","WW4_MP5SASDHDmag","WW4_E762M_200HDmag","WW4_E545M_75HDmag","WW4_E545M_75SDHDmag","WW4_E9x39_20HDmag","WW4_E762_30HDmag","WW4_E762_30SDHDmag","WW4_E762M_40HDmag","WW4_W762_20HDmag","WW4_W762_20SDHDmag"]

_newmags = _hdmags; _oldmags = _nonhdmags
? (!_switchtohd) : _newmags = _nonhdmags; _oldmags = _hdmags

_originalmags = magazines _unit

_magit = -1
#loop0
_magit = _magit + 1
? _magit == count _originalmags : exit
_scannedmagazine = _originalmags select _magit

_repit = 0
#loop1
? _scannedmagazine == _oldmags select _repit: goto "replacemag"
_repit = _repit + 1
? _repit == count _oldmags : goto "loop0"
goto "loop1"

#replacemag
_unit removeWeapon _weapon
_unit removemagazine (_oldmags select _repit)
_unit addmagazine (_newmags select _repit)
_unit addWeapon _weapon
goto "loop0"

*specifically I should credit magchangeout.sqs, which was written by Strango and which I found in his Pilot Down mission.

Edited by RKDmitriyev
credit

That's really a great idea..

This script will be very usefull to everyone wanting to setup their fight without having to play with removemagazine/addmagazine commands.

Good job.

Can you give permission (credit given) to include that script in the ww4 helpers pbo along the collection of scripts already there ?

sanc the best battlefield sound i know is from satchels dynamic range, i just can't pick the file out and do what you did, but you know how to do that. Anyways, where can i pick up this ww4 helper file?

Edited by BronzeEagle

Hi i'm new, and so sorry if I'v posted this in the wrong place =\ But!... I'v hit a little snag... (side note, the mod is freaking AWESOME!) That snag being that there is no voice, i.e. One of my AI team members spot a BMP or something, now the text pops up, but there is nothing vocal, witch 9 times out of 10 ends up with me being killed :P becuase I dont notice the text, help please? :)

It is normal as it is a WW4 feature.

Removing the sound for the radio voice allow the AI to NOT wait until the radio voice sound has finished playing before reacting.

It then improves a very lot the AI reactions speed, they follow orders immediately.

In the ww4 mod \bin\ folder there should be a "radio" subfolder.

Inside of this "radio" subfolder there is a config.cpp.

Take this one and replace the config.cpp that is in ww4 mod \bin\

You will then get back the radio voices... and the very slow to react AI.

@sanctuary

as resistance t72 and t80 crew have same dress like east crew

how can i make tank crew in resistance t80 and t72 similar to resistance t55,

That's a bug in vanilla OFP too, so it's not really WW4 related. But just change the crew config entry in the main config, under the T80 and T72 classes from SoldierECrew to SoldierGCrew.

Good report, i totally forgot about this, i guess that tells how much i play with the original ofp content nowadays.

Anyways, solving this BIS bug is tricky, as the class that miss the line

crew="SoldierGCrew";

are :

class T72Res:T72
	{
	access=2;
	displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_T72Res";
	side=2;
	hiddenSelections[]={};
	};

class T80Res:T80
	{
	access=2;
	displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_T80Res";
	side=2;
	hiddenSelections[]={};
	};

class BMPRes:BMP
	{
	access=2;
	displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_BMPRes";
	side=2;
	hiddenSelections[]={};
	};

Located inside of the config.bin that is inside the O.pbo from Res\Addons\

Will have to test if adding them in a separate PBO like i did to overwrite the resistance BIS faces by Hyakushiki ones for graa will work without problems.

Hopefully it should work.

@sanctuary

i will wait for this.hope you will soon solve this bug.

i mean this error never get solved in 9 years,

Greetings Sanctuary, I have a small idea for you, well, actually JAM 3 has grenade vests/belts, they use a considerable part of your inventory, but much more useful than a few loose grenades on your soldier slots, and well I was thinking if you could modify the WW4 troopers to have that config changed so they have vests or belts.

I suggest both of them becouse maybe you thing the vest gives too much fire power to a squad cos the vest has about 20-25 grenades, but thanks to JAM 3 now you have smaller belts with less grenades to shoot, I think its more real and better for your troops to have them, just suggesting.

LT. Drake Jackson.

And by the way: My big apologies if this was written before.

just got around to downloading this mod and wow amazing work love the animations right to my question...

i know its in this thread somewhere but how do i use the climbing animations ingame i cant figure it out if u can tell me that would be great keep up the great work u are missed on the 40k team :)

To move over a small barrier (like some of the small ones in Montignac) when you have your weapon aiming -while standing-, leave the TURBO key pressed (the turbo key is the one you press when you will sprint) and press the MOVE BACK key.

To climb over an obstacle (like a wall or a higher barrier in Montignac, or a wall surrounding a military base that can be found in many places) , put yourself in patrol mode (press Weapon on Back in the action menu) then leave the TURBO key pressed and press the MOVE BACK key.

Greetings Sanctuary, I have a small idea for you, well, actually JAM 3 has grenade vests/belts, they use a considerable part of your inventory, but much more useful than a few loose grenades on your soldier slots, and well I was thinking if you could modify the WW4 troopers to have that config changed so they have vests or belts.

I suggest both of them becouse maybe you thing the vest gives too much fire power to a squad cos the vest has about 20-25 grenades, but thanks to JAM 3 now you have smaller belts with less grenades to shoot, I think its more real and better for your troops to have them, just suggesting.

LT. Drake Jackson.

I will see if i can add vest support, but it will not replace the more classic "carry 6 grenades" that the ww4 grenadier use by default.

Hey Sanctuary. I love your mods btw. Just one question. I seen in the video you have guys climbing fences or walls but I can never duplicate that . Is there a config I am missing?Thanks in advance.

Good report, i totally forgot about this, i guess that tells how much i play with the original ofp content nowadays.

Anyways, solving this BIS bug is tricky, as the class that miss the line

crew="SoldierGCrew";

are :

class T72Res:T72
	{
	access=2;
	displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_T72Res";
	side=2;
	hiddenSelections[]={};
	};

class T80Res:T80
	{
	access=2;
	displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_T80Res";
	side=2;
	hiddenSelections[]={};
	};

class BMPRes:BMP
	{
	access=2;
	displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_BMPRes";
	side=2;
	hiddenSelections[]={};
	};

Located inside of the config.bin that is inside the O.pbo from Res\Addons\

Will have to test if adding them in a separate PBO like i did to overwrite the resistance BIS faces by Hyakushiki ones for graa will work without problems.

Hopefully it should work.

is you solve/test this bug?

lol riffleman, you really want that bug fixed, don't you? ;)

In the mean time, you do know that you can use the moveInCommander, moveInGunner, and moveInDriver commands to teleport resistance crew units into empty vehicles at mission start, right? It's a bit of a pain but it can definitely be done.

lol riffleman, you really want that bug fixed, don't you? ;)

In the mean time, you do know that you can use the moveInCommander, moveInGunner, and moveInDriver commands to teleport resistance crew units into empty vehicles at mission start, right? It's a bit of a pain but it can definitely be done.

actually i have a campaign of east vs resistance armor battle,i get confuse in knowing about enemy crew and resistance crew:confused:,i always kill my side soldiers,

How does this mod perform in MP on a ded server? Do the custom animations/moves present any problems? And why are the keybinds for the new moves not in the readme?

Edited by Mr.Peanut