Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

oh those bunkers look nice, not played OFP for ages may have to take a look at these. :)

Just reworked the west recon (lack of) camo by something that should work nicer.

clipboard01qv.jpg

Testing some winter camo for possible inclusion of a few winter troops and a winter island

00c.jpg00b.jpgclipboard01fs.jpg

clipboard01nu.jpg

But progress is slow currently.

Cameo looks nice,

Is there any plan of strong bike,vechicle except armor and apc for future version.

The winter troops look nice, I like the camo in the middle. Are you going to give parkas to them? In most armies, from what I've seen, the body armor is worn under the parka, while the load carrying webbing is on the top. You could implement this by using HYK's winter troops as the base model, just like you've been using HYK's models so far. I think doing so would increase the immersion and would give them a more arctic feeling. Just an idea. :)

By the way, are the new weapons that you've been showing - SCAR, FAMAS, Abakan - released yet? I saw the config entries in WW4_Magazines but got errors about missing models, so I was wondering if I have everything up to date.

Edited by Rellikki

I have not yet released the new weapons.

Hopefully it should not be too long anymore before the official release of 2.0

For the units, i will give a look to Hyk winter troops, will take some time if i have to rework them like i did already for the base model (polygon reduction+complete remapping), but should be better visually.

Formations are something hardcoded, so it is not editable with simply using the waypoint menu.

But with mission scripting, there's a workaround, as i remember General Barron made a custom formation script somewhere on OFPEC, but it was only possible to use them through scripting and action/radio menu, not built-in with waypoints.

with the hand signals addon came a tighter formation and you could loosen or tighten it up.

Would it be possible to make the bastions align by the terrain? The current ones sink into ground / hover in air on bumpy terrain which makes placing of them quite tricky.

By the way, I found an issue with the HD ammo - The "WW4_W556M_200HDmag" and "WW4_W556M_200SDHDmag" ammo types are much more accurate than any other HD ammo. I compared the dispersion values between those and their corresponding non-HD ammo versions and there wasn't much difference. The dispersion values of the HD ammos in question are 0.005, while all the other HD ammo vary from 0.01 to 0.03. This makes the machinegunners unfairly too accurate in missions designed with HD ammo.

Argh, it was a problem for the bunker pre-release that i fixed , but forgot to do that for the bastions.

Should get an update when i will find time.

By the way, I found an issue with the HD ammo - The "WW4_W556M_200HDmag" and "WW4_W556M_200SDHDmag" ammo types are much more accurate than any other HD ammo. I compared the dispersion values between those and their corresponding non-HD ammo versions and there wasn't much difference. The dispersion values of the HD ammos in question are 0.005, while all the other HD ammo vary from 0.01 to 0.03. This makes the machinegunners unfairly too accurate in missions designed with HD ammo.

Yes, i was aware of this, as i have done there some unfinished testing, in the 2.0 release there will be a bit of difference between HD and regular for machineguns ammo, you are forgetting something :

The machineguns (east and west), both normal and HD have a

aiDispersionCoefX=5;

That is supposedly to multiply by 5 the dispersion value,

So for an AI 0.005 is in fact 0.025

Only the machinegun player is affected only by the 0.005

I will have to increase the player version, and certainly decrease the AI multiplier for the HD, as it can quickly prevent the AI to hit anything at all if not carefully tested with the recoil added on top.

That's why by example in the end sniper regular and HD ammo are in fact using the same dispersion, because slightly increasing it in my tests with the fact that sniper rounds are not full auto prevented the AI to hith anything at all, rendering an AI sniper completely useless, even at high skill level.

Little update to the ww4 mission editing helper :

http://www.filefront.com/15640081/testeffect5.rar/

2 new game logics are available, one for normal bombing run, the other for cluster version (big thanks to Drongo69 ).

ww4_AirstrikeLogic
ww4_ClusterstrikeLogic

deletevehicle the game logic ingame to remove access to air strike support.

Of course, it is always wip, for now the direction of the bombing is fixed, but i'll try to randomise the direction for more unexpecting effect.

Note :

The regular airstrike is using a modified LGB, it has as much direct and indirect hit power, but it has a larger zone of effect.

Basically, it cleans a zone very well.

To see how other effects are working and other class names refer to these posts explaining them :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1532776&postcount=769

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1533598&postcount=772

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1539807&postcount=775

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1541493&postcount=778

There's no vehicles used. You have a nice flyby sound that gives the player the illusion a plane is doing a bombing run.

Works better for avoiding the AI pilot screwing up the script due to some insane crash into a mountain, AI thinking it knows better than my script how to do the bombing, or just AI being shot in the middle because it is unable to fly in a way it can avoid enemy shots.

Yes, you only need the latest download, the ww4 helpers are all inside the ww4_helper.pbo from the downloaded archive.

It is not necessary to have the ww4 mod, for now, the final version that will be included in the ww4 2.0 will require the ww4 mod

Wow. Explosions from your airstrikes are deadly for my PC perfomance sometimes. Especially from cluster bombs. But still useful and nice working.

Don't notice that much of performance drop with my not so good computer, but will see if i can lower some of the cluster scripts delay without removing the "cluster" feeling.

Personally I always thought the LGB's in OFP were too overpowered. I've never heard of a 50 ton tank flying sky high from a bomb like that. :386: Would it be possible to use some less effective bombs for the airstrikes? Perhaps something like the "Shell125" ammo type, but with a bigger zone of effect. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Rellikki

Maybe it's just my OFP fault. I'm using high definition islands, addons etc., so those explosions are just another reason. But effects are looking great.:)

Maybe it's just my OFP fault. I'm using high definition islands, addons etc., so those explosions are just another reason. But effects are looking great.

Ah, that's probably that, you would need to test the effect in a vanilla OFP to see if the reason is the effect script, or if it comes with the various replacement and addon you already use.

Personally I always thought the LGB's in OFP were too overpowered. I've never heard of a 50 ton tank flying sky high from a bomb like that. Would it be possible to use some less effective bombs for the airstrikes? Perhaps something like the "Shell125" ammo type, but with a bigger zone of effect. But that's just my opinion.

I will lower the strength of the bomb anyways, but not too much as it needs a tank or a bridge to be destroyed near the impact, a shell125 will not do the trick at all.

Will have to test a bit more until it is satisfying enough. I wish i knew the exact formula of the damage being reduced with distance, as sometime a tank survived while being in the indirectdamage area :/

you should also include an artillary script that would be awesome. I love how this MOD is shaping up and really are hoping to see the full version of ww4 modpack 2. Until then keep up the good work and thanks

There's already an artillery script in the ww4_helper. In fact there are 2 of them.