Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Tested above in the CiA WGL server on an old Compaq c500 laptop running ofp on Ubuntu 10.04, via Wine (Freya: Red Balloons): it works and is playable!

Edit: included the ww4 anims.

this is yet another overlooked great multiplayer breakthrough, congratulations men, may you get more recognition from the news sites as time comes

This is awesome MJ! :icon_hug:

But are you aware that the crew models weren't replaced? :confused:

This is awesome MJ! :icon_hug:

But are you aware that the crew models weren't replaced? :confused:

The crews weren't replaced because I don't actually know the wounds paths they use, so if I replaced them, then when they get hit there wouldn't be any blood or anything on them.

Didn't noticed the question.

The ww4 crew wound paths are those :

"\ww4_rpl\we\wbdu.pac","\ww4_rpl\we\wbdu_b.pac",
"\ww4_rpl\we\wemer1.pac","\ww4_rpl\we\wemer1_b.pac"

"\ww4_rpl\ea\emer1.pac","\ww4_rpl\ea\emer1_b.pac",
"\ww4_rpl\ea\kmcm.pac","\ww4_rpl\ea\kmcm_b.pac"

"\ww4_rpl\re\reca.pac","\ww4_rpl\re\reca_b.pac",
"\ww4_rpl\re\reeq.pac","\ww4_rpl\re\reeq_b.pac"

Sanctuary, are you going to create an ammo box for the game including all the weapons? Like: Empty/Ammo/WW4 ammo box or WW4 US weapon box for example too, just asking...

Hey Sanctuary , i know you are busy but ive been playing your mod since it came out ;). i was watching some videos of OFP Dr i notice soldiers have flashlights :cool:, it could be real nice if you could add FlashLights to your soldiers.

we all know the missions during the night without NVG are imposibles ( we have to adjust the bright and the gamm of our monitors to see during the night xD

this is just an idea, if u want to add soldiers more realism, Also some soldiers of your mod have a flashlight incorporated ( Mp5-Tactical From Anti-Terrors West)

they could be really nice with flashlight action, i will leave a here an example of an flashlight if u want to take a look ( this flashlight appears to be near their hands but the light came out of nowhere but is static to the Gun horizontaly ( doesnt move up or down :mad: )

// some basic defines

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

#define WeaponNoSlot 0// dummy weapons

#define WeaponSlotPrimary 1// primary weapons

#define WeaponSlotSecondary 16// secondary weapons

#define WeaponSlotItem 256// items

#define WeaponSlotBinocular 4096// binocular

#define WeaponHardMounted 65536

class CfgPatches

{

class ASF_FL

{

units[] = {

ASF_FL,

requiredAddons[] = {"BIS_Resistance"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.75;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles:All{};

class Land:AllVehicles{};

class Man:Land{};

class Soldier:Man{};

class SoldierWB:Soldier{};

class SoldierWG: SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWMG: SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWLAW: SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWAT: SoldierWLAW{};

class SoldierWAA: SoldierWLAW{};

class SoldierWMortar: SoldierWG{};

class OfficerWNight: SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWSniper: SoldierWB{};

class OfficerW: SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWMedic: SoldierWB{};

class ASF_FL : SoldierWB

{

displayName="Soldier (Flashlight)";

vehicleClass ="Men";

weapons[]={"Throw","Put","NVGoggles","M16GrenadeLauncher","Binocular"};

magazines[]={"M16","M16","M16","M16","M16","handgrenade","handgrenade","handgrenade","handgrenade","handgrenade"};

class Reflectors

{

class Reflector

{

color[]={0.900000,0.800000,0.800000,0.100000};

ambient[]={0.100000,0.100000,0.100000,0.100000};

position="zbran";

direction="zasleh";

hitpoint="zbran";

selection="zasleh";

size=0.020000;

brightness=0.004000;

};

};

};

};

Edited by hector748

Good suggestion,

That could be interesting for a few ww4 troops, to give them more difference from the other corps, out of the camo, armor and skill values.

I'll see how it goes ingame before deciding.

Sanctuary, are you going to create an ammo box for the game including all the weapons? Like: Empty/Ammo/WW4 ammo box or WW4 US weapon box for example too, just asking...

It will mostly depend on my motivation for when i will be finished with the other sectors of ww4 2.0.

Would it be a ton of work to change the lean right animations so that the rifle and your head stay upright instead of being tilted to the side?

I don't think anyone would lean like that to shoot around cover except maybe in close quarters.

Edited by Pulverizer

@ Pulverizer: man you'r right but when you say anybody lean like that, u are talking real life?.... OFP is just a game it its based on realism the OFP Engine doesnt support new anim which is sad but the lean is ok for me and for others,

ArmA have the Same Lean anim also ArmA Have More Bug's in Lean than OFP.

i was watching some arma videos i noticed the gameplay is bad it just bad,

i didnt like it. those are the same escenarios than ofp but adding Pixel Shader 1.4 -2.0, and New Terrain Texture + Grass.....

Ofp will release a map with Grass Thanks To Rambo !!!:D

Ofp WILL NEVER DIE !!!!

the OFP Engine doesnt support new anim which is sad but the lean is ok for me and for others,

Doesn't support new animations, huh? Say, have you played the WW4 mod or tried Itweas' Jedi, Ninja and Wolf addons? :)

It is possible to keep things straight on lean animations in OFP. I just don't have any idea how much work it would be to alter the animations.

@Pulverizer: ok then make your own anim and call me when u done with it ;D

altering any part of the anim may cause Bug, After fixing that Bug may cause others... its a whole crap and need to be created with determination and knowledge

I never said that I could do it. I can't, and I'm not going to start learning now.

I'm not demanding anything, not even criticizing, and I reckon Sanctuary can give a much more educated opinion on the matter than you.

Edited by Pulverizer
bad language

The animation is definitively possible, it's just a different position in OFPAnim from the one actually used in the current release.

In the ww4 system, leans are made of a static animation, so it is not as much insane work as a dynamic animation (like the roll, the walk, reloading, changing stances, etc...) would be.

I'm sure anyone willing could actually do it, as OFPAnim is made more for static animations than for dynamic ones , it would not be a terribly difficult work, as the configuration is already done in the config.cpp

But i'm not interested in doing this kind of leaning enough to add this on my never ending list of things to do before release, sorry.

I see. No worries, it's just a minor thing.

I'll give OFPAnim a try.

I see. No worries, it's just a minor thing.

I'll give OFPAnim a try.

Good luck, it's one of the most painful tools ever released ! Nothing prevents you from distorting the models while moving the body parts because the pivots aren't working as expected. Anyway, we don't have any other choice :rolleyes:

Turns out it was much easier than I thought:

http://pulverizer.pp.fi/temp/lean_test.avi (xvid, 8MB)

I'll fix the hand issues etc and then put the anim file up for grabs if anyone else wants it. It shouldn't cause any issues in MP, as there is no new anim classes, only a modified animation. Then, the posture could also be changed so that the right foot is in front but that might be a bit too much for me.

Download:

http://pulverizer.pp.fi/files/ofp/ww4_alt_lean/

You can get the invidual animation .rtm files or the modified ww4_modanim.pbo with the new animations for lean right and crouched lean right.

A new video, with fixed hands and crouched lean:

http://pulverizer.pp.fi/files/ofp/ww4_alt_lean/lean.avi (xvid, 17MB)

Edited by Pulverizer
added the files for download

That's very well done.

Great to release those modified anims for people wanting some alternative.

@Pulverizer: This file is changing only the leaning animations or something else? Only 'lean right' anims are changed? By the way - great job. :)

Edited by Addonis

Glad you like it :)

This file is changing only the leaning animations or something else?

Only the two animations are changed: lean right and crouched lean right. I have some ideas for tweaking the left leans but those have to wait until I regain my patience.

A little proof-of-concept for two-stage leaning :P (I know the animation looks quite terrible):

http://pulverizer.pp.fi/temp/extreme_leaning.avi

Edited by Pulverizer

Wow. This is really interesting idea. Maybe it's time to make "Sanctuary & Pulverizer Anims corporation"? ;)

I don't want to take any credit for such small tweaks, but I'd be honored if Sanctuary added some of them into his mod :)

I think it can be possible to use them as alternative by editing the configuration of the leaning in the same way i setup a few of the GRAA3 options.

With a define in the beginning of the config the user should just have to enable or disable (by adding or removing " // " )

Considering those RTM files do the same job and use the same defined class, there should be no problem with MP compatibility whatever the user would prefer.

Pulverizer, if you can setup other animations like this, i could edit the config to allow user choice without having them to replace a PBO anywhere.