Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

That does not make any sense, if you delete ECP and re-install it, the config will then be the default ones, and so when you are ingame pressing escape you will have the "ECP Settings" on the bottom of your screen.

Are you really sure you press escape when you are playing ?

The ECP settings do not appear when you are in the main OFP menu and go to the options, it appears only when you are ingame and press escape.

Oh, and just in case, be sure that you are running the -latest- version of ECP 1.085, not an old one like 1.071.

Anyways, here are the default ecp config and ressource files, put them into your \@ECP\bin\ folder

http://sharebee.com/8eb9b7c4

But i doubt it will solve your problem as if you re-installed ECP and can't see the ECP setting menu after pressing escape when you are in the middle of playing, either you install ECP wrongly, or i don't know what you are doing to your ECP folders and files.

hi Sanct, about the ecp dust stuff; which // i need to remove. all of them?

btw thx i didn't know this feature ;)

@Dante:

if you download the config files he uploaded for you it should help.

yes, but i have already some modifications on the config file, and i don't want to loose them. ;)

hi Sanct, about the ecp dust stuff; which // i need to remove. all of them?

btw thx i didn't know this feature

As a rule, you only remove the // from the setting you modify

In the case of the dust

// ECP_h_dust_type:
  // specifies dust simulation to use
  // 1 - Vektorboson's dust
  // 2 - BAS dust
  // default is BAS dust
//ECP_local set [37, 2 ];

Remove only the // in front of

//ECP_local set [37, 2 ];

Greate mod, so simple and cpu less, its only one thing. The weapons for the west hk with m203 ??

Yes, the MP5 with M203, as fictionnal as it seems, is really existing.

But even if it did not, the WW4 mod is about fictionnal and near future units and army corps (even if very inspired from real world corps), so fictionnal weapons are not out of place, as long as they look plausible.

ECP seems to work fine with WW4 mod, all units experience ECP effects enabled, which is awesome. Nevertheless I noticed small disadvantage when using ECP, player is unable to crouch run, and leaning :/ the most coolest of all features.

Any solution for this issue ?

You need to copy the whole class CfgMovesMC of the WW4 config.cpp in the place of the whole class CfgMovesMC of the ECP config.cpp

And be carefull to not copy/paste more or not enough.

Or you can wait for the upcoming upgrade that will feature an ECP version of the config.cpp and the latest versions of the anims with pistols and everything.

But i begin to doubt it will come before a month at least.

I tried few times and I get error like:

config.cpp/cfgmovesmc.transitionsInterpolated: Member already defined

Guess I'll wait for the upcoming update, because even if I modify ecp config to adjust ww4 anims then it will be only meant to be played with WW4. I use other mods & addons with ecp so I'll pass then.

i was wondering is it possible we could see the desert army units with m4s, possibly the woodland army units as well, and wasn't the m60 phased out and replaced by the m240? I'm thinking theres a small chance that you probably knew this but went with your own mix of weapons anyway. If thats true let me know. Also, hyk had a vehicle config that allowed you to choose the crew of the vehicle. Is this something we could possibly see for ww4 as well? On a side note Sanctuary, i want to thank you for your incredible efforts within this community. I believe you deserve VIP of 2009, but thats just me. I know you been around awhile like me, and i just wanted to give you the respect you deserve. Thats as sincere as I can put it. OFP is something in my limited list of things to do, gives me something to do with my time and if it weren't for new content i don't know where id be.

Edited by BronzeEagle
grammar

Man, I can't wait till the Update!!

I'm itching to play with SLX and WW2 mods!

man, now just to find out how to edit Optics for the ww2 mod and I'll never leave my computer! :D

i was wondering is it possible we could see the desert army units with m4s, possibly the woodland army units as well, and wasn't the m60 phased out and replaced by the m240?

Put this in the init for each unit that needs an M4:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "WW4_W556_30mag"; this addweapon "WW4_M4"

Add as many magazines as you want by copying and pasting the addmagazine part. You can also add various sights and scopes, suppressor, and underbarrel grenade launcher: WW4_M4ACOG, WW4_M4Reflex, WW4_M4Aim, WW4_M4SD, WW4_M4M203, and so on.

For each unit that needs an M240:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "WW4_W762_200mag"; this addweapon "WW4_M240"

Great mod, Sanctuary! Is it possible for you to use some of the iron sight pictures from the GRAA mod in your mod? The MP5, FAL and SG552 could use better sights than those out-of-date black shroud things. I'd do it myself but I can't figure out how.

Edited by brctitle

Great mod, Sanctuary! Is it possible for you to use some of the iron sight pictures from the GRAA mod in your mod? The MP5, FAL and SG552 could use better sights than those out-of-date black shroud things. I'd do it myself but I can't figure out how.

I am not skilled enough in texturing to be able to get the ironsight texture to be on the superb level of even 1/10 of the quality of what an incredible artist like Earl did.

I tried but was never satisfied with anything i did as it looked too ugly in my eyes, so unfortunately we are stuck with the black silhouette for these.

Unless someone want to contribute with sights that approach Earl quality.

wasn't the m60 phased out and replaced by the m240? I'm thinking theres a small chance that you probably knew this but went with your own mix of weapons anyway.

Yes it is for variety, so there was a bit more visually different weapons available, every corps with a M240 would have been a bit too similar.

man, now just to find out how to edit Optics for the ww2 mod and I'll never leave my computer!

That's how modding started for me, you begin to find how to edit small things here and there, then you follow with making animations because you need some but none else will make them for you, then followed by creating models and textures, and in the end time you build mods ;)

Thanks guys for the appreciation, i hope you will like the official upgrade when it will come, many surprises will be in it.

Also, hyk had a vehicle config that allowed you to choose the crew of the vehicle. Is this something we could possibly see for ww4 as well?

WW4 modpack will have lots of vehicles and so their own crew, in the end there will be no more use of the BIS vehicles and crew.

But vehicles take time to build, so it is not for tomorrow

Thanks guys for the appreciation, i hope you will like the official upgrade when it will come, many surprises will be in it.

Of course we will like it! I think, and I can speak for many, that's the main or just the only reason why we are still playing OFP and constantly visit these threads... :)

Can you steal the weapon sight textures straight from GRAA? I would do it myself, but I can't find them in the pbos.

Most WW4 weapons are using Earl sights already (that were in GRAA too).

There was no MP5, FAL and SG552 Earl sights in GRAA

Hey Sanctuary I know the next WW4 update will rock! but is there a way to fix the ugly animation when you put the binoculars away? How could they just disappear in the blink of an eye? You lower the binoculars and when you are about to hold the rifle with both hands again they are still in your hand. Looks weird and ugly you know. WW4 mod is now getting all of these very nice little features so I thought fixing this would be awesome.

The binocular staying visible until the end of the animation is hardcoded to the showItemInHand command.

A possible solution would be to cut the binoc on and the binoc off animations in 2 animations (a bit like the grenade launching anims are done, they are 2 animations) and then have the first half with the showItemInHand=1; in its own class and the second half with a showItemInHand=0; in its own class.

But 4 animations classes just for binoc on/off is not be reasonnable and would need too much testing by me to get the classes definition content and syntaxes right as each time you add a class, you have lot of chance it will be impacting other anims negatively (i already lost enough hairs trying to repair some new animations classes negatively impacting existing one).

So this extremely minor visual problem will not be solved by me.

Hi, me again :P

One suggestion, then I'll be done for a while :D

would there be a way for crouch sprint?

I think maybe an animation where you're carrying your gun to th side as you sprint down low.

could be possible? :thumbs-up:

crouch walk and crouch run are enough, no need to add another stance out of the sprinting while standing that will be used.

clipboard02hgf.jpg

clipboard03dsj.jpg