Sign in to follow this  
carld2002

Track ir

Still no joy getting the 6d0f to work from armalib.

Which TiR model do you have?

Have you enabled the extra axis in your TiR profile?

Have you bound the extra axis to lean/zoom in ArmA?

WRT the cons of TiR; The annoyance with games that don't support TiR crazy_o.gif

Hi all

As HeadTrauma said

Quote[/b] ]WRT the cons of TiR; The annoyance with games that don't support TiR

The real problem is getting invited to LAN party on another game and it has no TiR. You keep head twitching and leaning in out and around you screen, the actions getting worse because for some reason the TiR is not picking it up and pressing your page up to turn it on. Everyone looks at you because you crazy twitchy head guy and you keep complaining about using your number-pad or joystick hat to look around and mumbling "No Track IR! @**!%".

With TiR and the Wii it is time all the other game producers realised that we have entered the age of virtual movement replication.

TiR cold turkey is bad man.

Kind regards walker

If you were to buy track ir and use it for 6months and then suddenly it died, it would be like going back to using the keyboard after having had a joystick.

It's not an essential piece of kit but it's a great piece of kit smile_o.gif

on a side note, trackir offer some of the best product/customer service i have ever had and I recommend them even more because of that.

I might be able to get one once this semester of college is over with and I get a summer job... living off of $700 for a whole semester is not fun.. by that time there probably will be some new fancy version of this. I'll take the older one as I'm sure it works just fine smile_o.gif

I bought TrackIR4 with the TrackClip Pro recently, and this is my experience:

-Holy cow...It really does boost the immersion factor. It's fairly fast, although it does have a slight response lag.

-If you're flying, it's a very nice feature, especially when landing choppers, you simply look towards the ground to see where you're trying to land.

-You get a much improved situational awareness, checking your six becomes a natural thing with this gear.

-Remembering to launch it before Arma is not a problem if you set the TrackIR software to launch automatically with Windows.

-The only con i experienced (apart from the price, which is not bad after they recently lowered the price), is the reason i stopped using it in Arma...aiming speed.

When you use it as regular infantry (which i do 80% of the time), and you encounter other infantry, you first have to align your view with the iron sights, and THEN aim the reticule of the weapon on your target. This little detail ended up getting me killed, to the point of me not using TrackIR for now.

My CPU is a little slow though, and i suspect the lag i get from this is making this problem worse than it should. I'm planning on upgrading my CPU, might make TrackIR much easier for me as a ground pounder.

Bottom line: A great purchase if you're a pilot...as a ground pounder, you might not like what it does to your scores. But you'll have more fun playing confused_o.gif

i'm using track ir all the time when playing arma, and it's come to be a must have for me when playing. it's so mutch more easy to look around, check out things and all that. Even as a grunt, it's nice, taking a quick look to the side to see that your fellow soldier is still in his position, wile the gun is pointing "down range".

And i don't notice any trouble with having to allign with my sights, got a hotkey for sentering the trackir wink_o.gif

And i don't notice any trouble with having to allign with my sights, got a hotkey for sentering the trackir wink_o.gif

Dito......

I wonder if they are looking away....and moving the mouse, which might cause that to happen.

I periodically have to use my "center" hotkey......but it's after I take my headset off for a RR break.

I got TrackIR yesterday and simply loving it, playing arma (as well as other supported game) gives a totaly new feeling, its awesome.

tho, i forgot to get the proclip thing to clip on ur headset, so i only got the cap sensor atm. But i have ordered the proclip one, should have it on tuesday i think.

anyway, what kinda difference am i gonna "feel" by using the cap version, til the headset clip one? is there any difference at all, or is it just so u dont need to wear a cap?

The cap thing and the fact that it works better in a bright (IR wise) enviroment

my TrackIR just came in today, been having a blast in IL2 with it. Im still iffy about its use in ArmA when on foot. Probably have to mess around with profiles some more.

my TrackIR just came in today, been having a blast in IL2 with it. Im still iffy about its use in ArmA when on foot. Probably have to mess around with profiles some more.

Download the profile from Dslyecxi, from hes site (in hes sig at page 2)

its like walking on clouds. i have only played with it for 2 days, but im allready used to it (infrantry)

give it a shot smile_o.gif you simply WONT regret it!

Infantry combat w/ TrackIR is a whole new dimension.

You'll soon forget about the basic, locked in view, FPS lol

I bought TrackIR 4 PRO a while ago and I love it. IT can be used with many games. And you don't gotta turn your head very far for the head ingame to turn. Well worth my money. I would definatly say it will also be supported in ArmA II, if you haven't already, some of the ArmA GC 08' vids, you can see a trackIR 4 on top of several of the monitors.

I bought TrackIR 4 PRO a while ago and I love it.  IT can be used with many games.  And you don't gotta turn your head very far for the head ingame to turn.   Well worth my money.  I would definatly say it will also be supported in ArmA II, if you haven't already, some of the ArmA GC 08' vids, you can see a trackIR 4 on top of several of the monitors.

according to this link, arma 2 will have FULL support (yaw,pitch,roll,x,y,z) while arma 1 is only yaw, pitch x,z

so its gonna be even more lovely to play arma 2 with it inlove.gif

I bought TrackIR 4 PRO a while ago and I love it.  IT can be used with many games.  And you don't gotta turn your head very far for the head ingame to turn.   Well worth my money.  I would definatly say it will also be supported in ArmA II, if you haven't already, some of the ArmA GC 08' vids, you can see a trackIR 4 on top of several of the monitors.

according to this link, arma 2 will have FULL support (yaw,pitch,roll,x,y,z) while arma 1 is only yaw, pitch x,z

so its gonna be even more lovely to play arma 2 with it inlove.gif

Yes, thank you for info added it to my ArmA 2 Info Thread smile_o.gif

Another vote for Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro. It does require a fast machine to get the most out of it but it's worth the investment, particularly for immersion and avoiding being flanked.

I've just moved from XP to Win 7 x64 and can't seem to get it to work. Everything else in ArmA seems to work fine, which is a relief given all the issues with Vista x64 people have been having (and I do have 4GB RAM).

It's such a long time since I set up ArmA in XP I can't remember if I needed to do anything to enable it in ArmA. For Vista/Win 7 users could you suggest what I'm missing. TIR works fine in any other program I've tried. I've run as Administrator to see if that helps (it does in FSX for example), and it's definitely set up in the control configuration. I'm just not getting any control input in the game.

P

edit: Worked out what was wrong. I needed to run ArmA as Administrator as well  icon_rolleyes.gif

I've just moved from XP to Win 7 x64 and can't seem to get it to work.

It will probably pay to go to the track ir forums and ask if there is a fix.  They (Natural Point) are usually very prompt at replying.

or look at this link

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum....st34728

I am using Headtracking with www.free-track.net in ArmA now. I bought an used Wii remote for 30€ and for some LEDs ('only' 20 in the pack for 3€). I modified an old bicycle back light for a non brazed construction including a resistor and a battery-chamber and put it upon my headset.

Regarding the fact that i like to make creative things, the purchase was worth every cent. At least i had to order some nimh rech. batteries, too. But therefore i am having a head tracking feature for less then 50€ and a very cool multimedia remote control. And another advantage of the wii remote: it is around 100 fps like the dearer 'official' TrackIR smile_o.gif

Flying without headtracking umm i can't do it anymore biggrin_o.gif You will love it, even in cars. Comparing ArmA 1 and 2 there is only one thing i already mentioned:

Why the hell is there no interior for tanks? banghead.gif  Only this window...

I think the headtracking users would be happy to look around and use the 'multimirror' cockpit playing in veteran. notworthy.gif  At least BIS could make the driver position in 3d. This would help driving alot especially when the 3rd person view is disabled. If there is no time making interiors, finally you could make it like mentioned above and leave the gunner/commander stuck with the 2d view...

thumbs-up.gif

Track-IR with PILFIUS, and ECS "mod" is a Godsend!

Whats nice is that ECS allready removes the in game "command voice"..back that up with track-IR, and its not that its "like" you are in game"....but "you ARE actually there"!

I'm hoping ArmA2 will have proper 'offsettable' interiours, preferably 3d. Since ArmA2 is supposed to have 6 dof support for trackir, it means you could in 3d move the viewport slightly about; move head up to see more ground etc.

I am having trouble with the hot keys in Arma, they dont work. I reassigned them to Num7, Num8 and Num9. I also unassigned those keys from anything in Arma, I tried to swtich the hotkeys in TR to "Trap", but no joy.

Any ideas? Thanks.