Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Backpack available in arma?

While studying the config from the bin.pbo i saw this part as subclass in class CfgInventory:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Rucksack

{

simulation="Baggage";

weight=1.500000;

class InventoryPlacements

{

class OnBack

{

type="Back";

size=1;

priority=1;

};

class InHands

{

type="WeaponInUse";

size=1;

priority=0;

};

};

class InventorySlots

{

class Inside

{

type="Common";

size=16;

};

class Weapon1

{

type="Weapon";

size=1;

};

class Weapon2

{

type="Weapon";

size=1;

};

class Bottle

{

type="Bottle";

size=1;

};

};

};

For non-english: Rucksack = Backpack

I'm not a pro but could this be the base to create a working backpack?

Any light into this would be much appreciated.

:EDITH:

Wrong code posted.

probably some left over code.

Without other config value and/or script commands I cannot see how to make use of it.

Xeno has a working ruck in Domination....

I know that, thanks anyway. Just hoped there would be another way, addon-like and not scripted.

And this was the question and not "does anybody knows of a backpack solution of any kind?"

Yes Myke, what I have discovered, is that you make it a weapon. Im currently working on one for city life. I just need to figure out how you can make it to where you can store items in it. Possibly like a carryable ammo crate sort of thing. But basically make it a weapon, take the slot of the rocket launcher, and so its a weapon, when you take it, its will be on your back.

I know that, thanks anyway. Just hoped there would be another way, addon-like and not scripted.

And this was the question and not "does anybody knows of a backpack solution of any kind?"

hey glad i could help get your blood pressure up for today...

welcome.gif

Ace mod had backpacks and rucksacks which is an addon and visually represented on the back of the player in which he can store items etc which when he dies others can take from etc etc

• Like 1

Ace mod had backpacks and rucksacks which is an addon and visually represented on the back of the player in which he can store items etc which when he dies others can take from etc etc

But they're still scripted, not an integrated part of the enginbe's coding which was Myke's original inquiry.

But they're still scripted, not an integrated part of the enginbe's coding which was Myke's original inquiry.

But then this answer has already been answed by Q, he said its just random left over code. As he was leader of ACE im sure he and fellow creators looked well into this.

Possibly VBS2 code? Doesn't VBS2 have some kind of ruck system?

I remember OFP also had some VBS1 bits in the config.

hey glad i could help get your blood pressure up for today...

welcome.gif

Sorry, the answer was a little rude, not my intention. It was just a long day then.

As said, my original question was if someone knows if it would be possible to create a working addon based on this code snippet.

And as Q already stated it as "left-over code" and i guess he would know if anything could be possible with, i stated this question as "negatively answered.

Again wld427, wasn't my intention to sound rude.

did you have to add a proxy or will this be available to all BIS models

Does anyone know where i can get the script for Xeno's backpack?? just trying to make my own SP mission and would like to add the option of a second weapon eg. Sniper with m24 and mp5. I dont want to use the weapon switching script because i then lose the amount of ammo for both weapons, anyways hope someone has had this problem before.