Sign in to follow this  
colonel well

astronaute

yeah! Put one of your aliens into a suit like that!   biggrin_o.gif

There used to be a TV series called "U.F.O." where the aliens

wore space suits and breathed black liquid that you could see

inside their helmets.

Did you actually make this model? I have my doubts...the jump in quality from your previous model to this is too steep to be believable...

Did you actually make this model? I have my doubts...the jump in quality from your previous model to this is too steep to be believable...

Give me a break.  As my son says, Arma is made to play.  Who Cares.  And anyway I have looked high and low in both Arma and Flashpoint for new addons, and have never seen anything like this.  If it were from Flashpoint, all Colonel Well is doing is making it available to use in Arma.  If the original makers of an addon did not see fit to convert it for Arma, then I see no reason someone else should not do it. mad_o.gif

Give me a break.  As my son says, Arma is made to play.  Who Cares.  And anyway I have looked high and low in both Arma and Flashpoint for new addons, and have never seen anything like this.  If it were from Flashpoint, all Colonel Well is doing is making it available to use in Arma.  If the original makers of an addon did not see fit to convert it for Arma, then I see no reason someone else should not do it. mad_o.gif

So stealing is right where you come from? Awsome, I'll stop by tommorow.

Get the point now?

Besides, I'm not accusing him of plagiarism, but I do have my fair share of doubts.

cool idea for an addon even though im not sure how much it would get used smile_o.gif

will be interesting to see textures, will it have Normal maps to give it detail and spec map and all that extra goodies that Arma support? smile_o.gif

Get the point now?

Besides, I'm not accusing him of plagiarism, but I do have my fair share of doubts.

Stealing? huh.gif

Crediting yourself for another person's work is stealing. As it is, colonel well has had a history of "forgetting" to credit the original author or gaining permission. On several different occasions. So I do believe I'm entitled to being sceptical.

Can you guys use PM's to continue this? Please?

c.w.,

I'd like to see col. faulkner's suggestion come to light. That old U.F.O. show is a personal favorite.

Lookin nice so far.... But arma can't go into space yet ...Unless you make a moon like environment "map" for arma smile_o.gif

Mehman, Lord Mormont

Take your stuff to PMs, this is a forum not a chat.

Quote[/b] ]Give me a break. As my son says, Arma is made to play. Who Cares. And anyway I have looked high and low in both Arma and Flashpoint for new addons, and have never seen anything like this. If it were from Flashpoint, all Colonel Well is doing is making it available to use in Arma. If the original makers of an addon did not see fit to convert it for Arma, then I see no reason someone else should not do it.

The original author of the addon/model might care. I recommend that you sit down for several hours/days/weeks creating a model and then realize that someone just "borrowed" it, without even mention your work. Or even more worse, claims that your work is his. The come back and say "who cares".

And whatever your opinion on this is, we don't allow the use of other peoples work without their permission. And recently colonel well proved more then once that he doesn't care about the original addon makers but just making use of their work.

colonel well

I'm not accusing you of anything but if it turns out that this model again was "borrowed" from someone else then I guarantee you that this was your last thread or post you made for a very long time. wink_o.gif

The terms of use state that the model may not be provided for free to other people, and may not be sold. They unfortunately do not mention derivative works or credits in their terms of use. It sounds like these models are intended to be available for use in images or in animations, but unfortunately the terms of use are very vague.

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/terms.aspx

If he would just mention it came from this site it would prevent a lot of flak. If it was me, just out of principal, I'd make that disclosure. Lines become blurry regarding intent when there's a lack of disclosure.

c.w.,

Could you please, for the community's sake, disclose these sorts of things. Just a friendly request, nothing more.

Get the point now?

Stealing?  huh.gif

no , it's free and open

but if you want something pm me , no release for all and no more post from me in this forum , if you want see my work go to youtube wink_o.gif

by all it's my final public post in bis community confused_o.gifnener.gif

goodnight.gif for long time ...... with my aliens in ufos rofl.gif

Just mention that in the first post and all's good.

See ya.

That`s the point.

It would have been that simple, but even that was too much for him.

That makes it too look like he is presenting own stuff that he made his self, but has he ever did anything from scratch?

but if you want something pm me , no release for all and no more post from me in this forum , if you want see my work go to youtube

If you don't plan to release your stuff to the public then there is no reason to post screenshots of your work here.

You are not allowed to start any further threads about your addons if you do not plan a public release for it.

Closing.