Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

Hight Definition Tropic Island v2.0!

banner2kv4.jpg

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>HIGHT DEFINITION TROPIC ISLAND V. 2.0 (finished)</span></span></span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>[****]--DOWNLOAD ADDON--[****]</span></span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>---------Other Download links:</span>

Armed Assault.info

Armaholic

www.ofp2-arma2.com (need Registration)

ePrison.de

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>----------------------------</span>

Finally, the last version of the island is <span style='color:#FF0000'>OUT!</span>

<span style='font-family:Palatino Linotype'>Well, I was tricking you with the HDD broken story... Well, I also have been active since October, but I never said something, I was only creating and updating the island for YOU!

Now I've finished this long awaited work, I completed the character adding several scripts!</span> biggrin_o.gif

chared9.jpg

<span style='font-family:Arial Black'><span style='color:#FF0000'>WARNING:</span></span>

The island is now really full covered with large numbers of trees, palms and plants, so expect lag on mid-end computers.

To play with good FPS, you should add fog.

What causes lag is the large amount of models loaded, and the shadow. Textures and RVMATS are optimized to use the best shaders and to not create lag.

Vegetation textures have been taken from Crysis©, since it took ages to build all the RTMs and to insert them into ArmA.

I asked for permission directly to EA studio, to

Quote[/b] ]EA Senior Joseph B.

Player Relations

Tech Support

Electronic Arts

he said that there's no problem using them for amateur use.

<span style='font-family:Arial Black'><span style='color:#FF0000'>LEGAL:

Permission is granted for personal use only. Any commercial, military or educational use is strictly forbidden without permission from me.

Permission is granted to distribute this software as long as it is 100% free of charge and this readme file is distributed with it.

I assume no responsibility for any damages this program may cause - use at your own risk. If your video card overheats or your computer blows up you're on your own.</span></span>

<span style='font-family:Book Antiqua'>Some shots:</span>

island_pic1-600.jpgisland_pic2-600.jpg

island_pic3-600.jpg

island_pic4-600.jpg

Ok guys, I don't know what to say, I'm back I'm rocking now!

Let's cya soon!

<span style='font-family:Lucida Console'>Linker Split</span>wink_o.gif

Man I can't believe it! I had literally just started making a mission on your last Island and was wondering if you still had plans for it when I saw this...

Thanks! inlove.gif

Fantastic job.

Works perfect on my low-end pc!....100% fog... :P

Shut up Vultar xD

Well, tested it out and saw that its still pretty dull. Only 2 small bases on a huge island, palms even standing in the water, otherwise pretty hard to navigate because whole island areas look almost the same. There is one small pond (lake) but players can just walk below the water surface so its a major bummer.

I'm sure I won't be putting my team onto this one. Otherwise it looks cool but missing all the major stuff to make it a good playable map/create missions on it.

My rating: 2.5/10 (for all the hard work putting that random vegetation down) smile_o.gif

Well, tested it out and saw that its still pretty dull. Only 2 small bases on a huge island, palms even standing in the water, otherwise pretty hard to navigate because whole island areas look almost the same. There is one small pond (lake) but players can just walk below the water surface so its a major bummer.

I'm sure I won't be putting my team onto this one. Otherwise it looks cool but missing all the major stuff to make it a good playable map/create missions on it.

My rating: 2.5/10 (for all the hard work putting that random vegetation down) smile_o.gif

Make it yourself? Not every island has to have a million towns and airfields and bases etc, I rather prefer it when the terrain is just there, then you can build bases how you see fit.

Well m8, I appreciate your sincerity smile_o.gif

But there are more than 2 human military bases:

immaginead7.jpg

Then, the pond problem: that is not up to me, cause I used the same pond.p3d of BIS, only changed the water color, but I don't know why it doesn't work properly sad_o.gif That's a shame.

Of course it's hard to navigate: this island is designed to be a very big jungle, it must be fully covered with vegetation, but because I'm not God tounge2.gif I can't create every tree, plant, flower, grass biggrin_o.gif

The attention is on the Environment: I added RTM's to most of the objects, so they can create a better effect than a falling down tree smile_o.gif

Vegetation Looks very nice and the ambient sound are spot on.

I did find some plants stop bullets though.

I did find some plants stop bullets though.

hmm can you tell me exactly what you found?

You mean their leaves? or the tree itself?

I was just trying random locations me against an opfor squad and I found that when I tried to shoot through some low vegetation I was getting sparks flying like you get when firing against impenetrable objects.

I will give it another try.

Edit.

Chose a random location and same thing.

I made a video for you.

http://www.vimeo.com/2384620

I was just trying random locations me against an opfor squad and I found that when I tried to shoot through some low vegetation I was getting sparks flying like you get when firing against impenetrable objects.

I will give it another try.

Edit.

Chose a random location and same thing.

I made a video for you.

http://www.vimeo.com/2384620

can you please make a screen of the EXACT location of the problem? coordinates, and maybe circle the area where is the problem

Found the problem:

seems that ArmA engine recognize VIEW GEO of that model as FIRE GEO, so it starts act like a FIRE GEO LOD... weaird sad_o.gif

anyway, to correct it (if you want) here is the file fixed:

LKS_big_foliage_coverage.p3d (filefront.com)

LKS_big_foliage_coverage.p3d (Rapishare.com)

Now, once downloaded, simple unpbo HDT_obj.pbo, paste the new model in it, and pbo it again smile_o.gif then tell me if the problem persist

Since the release of this new version on Armed Assault.info Forums and after having posted a new in front page at Armed Assault.info, I have done an extensive testing of the map.

1° the map works a lot better than previous release, with a playable FPS level

2° its sound environment is great

3° I do like this turquoise blue water

But I have found some issues :

1° the big rocks textures are somewhere enterable, I don't mean there are caves inside, but we can walk or drive through some parts of the rocks.

2° an empty chopper sinks inside the helopad if you put it empty on an helopad in editor.

3° there are some flickering palm trees going into 3 states : bright turquoise, invisible, plain.

4° wrong visual effect because all the trees having different lods levels so there is a never ending modification of foliages.

5° too much palm trees growing into the sea.

6° the turquoise water water is great on the beach, but not fitting marsh zone.

But I have found some issues :

2° an empty chopper sinks inside the helopad if you put it empty on an helopad in editor.

That probably has to do with helopad is a object? Like a building or its above ground level somehow?

Then you need to enter this setpos code into the init line of the chopper and trial and error to find the good height the empty chopper needs to be located at to now sink through the mesh wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, y];

objectname can be replaced with this and y is a number like 0.5 or 1.0 or higher wink_o.gif

so Linker Split..

now that this preoject is (as good as?) finished...

do you have any other projects in the pipeline that you want to share with us? smile_o.gif

I think this island is a great addon. It's a nice change of scenery. I've been playing on the desert-themed islands and your jungle island is great. I have a pretty good pc and it runs pretty smooth for me. Not every island has to be full of buildings and bases. I guess some people expect that for some reason. It's very fun to creep through the jungle in the rain on a patrol with the enemy being able to hit you from any direction. Setting up ambushes is also really fun on this island. I think it's a wonderful piece of work. Please don't let the negative comments of an ungreatful community bother you. Congrats on an awesome accomplishment.

monty67t: well, it would be nice to have at least a couple of clearings so we could put down a camp or something like that smile_o.gif

so Linker Split..

now that this preoject is (as good as?) finished...

do you have any other projects in the pipeline that you want to share with us? smile_o.gif

yes, a secret project with Deano... I can't tell you anything now smile_o.gif

@Stavenger

Thank you for the mirror smile_o.gif

@Commando84 : as an old ofp/arma mission maker, I know how to get an object in the right pos, that's not the question here.;)

Linker Split, co admin of our Italian section at Armed Assault.info has released on our forum this map with a lot of enhancements from previous version.

On my opinion, this map is great and represents an incredible work in order to change our gaming environment, I believe Linker Split must be applauded, cheered up and eventually helped.

In spending some time in looking for flaws and errors on the map, I am just trying to help in order to have a better map, nothing else.

The island should be very well suited for the Vietnam crowd

like from VTE - promote your work over there more specially in addition?