Sign in to follow this  
Call911-AGE-

Dogs

Just seein the video an the action of the dog coming up to one of the guys an was thinking ahead a lil about in game features using animals(mainly dogs). Specifically as it could add some good immersion to the game ie local police use/bomb squads, patrols using dogs for perimet defense around military installations search parties looking for that pow that just escaped etc etc. wink_o.gif

Beer (real), hunting rifle/shotgun (virtual), boar (virtual), duck (virtual), moose (virtual), rabbit (virtual)... Oh yeah waiting for hunting season  biggrin_o.gif

My dreams will come true if you can actually play as the animals and get some hunting pvp going on.

My dreams will come true if you can actually play as the animals and get some hunting pvp going on.

Rabitt racing FTW!!1

haha totally awesome! Hope you can play mp as animals, oh man the possibilities,

@BIS make animals be able to pick up or carry small objects but maybe not shoot m249's?  biggrin_o.gif

Would be cool if animals could attack with their teeth or arms , Like if you aren't paying attention you could get attacked by angry bears because you disturbed their sleeping or something like that..

Attack dogs like in the red alert games would be kick ass! If they can jump soldiers and bite them or if you even could command them.

Quote[/b] ]2 Dog target that soldier 12 o clock!

Or will you guys use dogs similar to Call of duty 4 modern combat?

Btw will dogs be featured in the multiplayer mission warefare as recruitable / buy able assets? Like can players and A.i buy dogs to have in their squads?

To be able to make a "hunting" mod for Arma2 would be great as a side mod to the game smile_o.gif

Kind of "Deer hunter 2009" pistols.gif

One of the review I've read stated that the guy have had some time playing as rabbits and were wandering around Chernarus (and felt the true bunnyhopping awkwardly addictive tounge2.gif)

an idea for co-op,

it should be like if u die u become a dog or something and u can grab ammo for the people that are still alive (just like the seagulls from OFP)

One of the review I've read stated that the guy have had some time playing as rabbits and were wandering around Chernarus (and felt the true bunnyhopping awkwardly addictive tounge2.gif)

rofl.gifrofl.gif You guys are frecon hilarious lol. Though it would give new meaning to bunny hopping.

If you guys think that I'm not going to make a bunny hopping mission in ArmA2, you're kidding yourselves.

To quote from the preview in PC-Zone

Quote[/b] ] Arma2's armoury gives you the chance to play around with everything in the game. ...I spend five minutes creating a hen, promoting her to the rank of Major, and pecking futily at a tank.

I just hope they've done a decent job on the flight model this time tounge2.gif

If you guys think that I'm not going to make a bunny hopping mission in ArmA2, you're kidding yourselves.

Look forward to it! pistols.gifpistols.gif

Look forward to it!  pistols.gif  pistols.gif

+1 Loved your Biplane/Car war missions so can only imagine your creativity with animals 8)

I just hope the dogs will attack you if they are on the opposite side and vice versa. Looks like it - i think. Would be nice anyway.

72 @ Nov. 28 2008,23:26)]I just hope the dogs will attack you if they are on the opposite side and vice versa. Looks like it - i think. Would be nice anyway.

Have you played STALKER? The dog AI in that game looks very realistic and natural. The dogs stick in packs, and they'll run at you, bite you, and run away, essentially making a circle. This pattern works very well when I'm being attacked by multiple dogs because it's hard to choose which ones the biggest threat.

If that type of AI is implemented into Arma II then I will be very impressed.

Most likely they'll just move in a wedge formation. When they lose track of the leader, you can hear "Where are you?" in a Scooby Doo fashion. biggrin_o.gif

Would be an interesting asset to have in a Spec Op type mission. Imagine having HALO'd near a compound and then sneak into a camp only to be foiled by a pesky pooch who'd 'sniffed' you out and given your position away to the guards!

Would also make escape and evasion missions interesting with a dog's being able to follow a trail...though all this would need a lot of serious scripting and likely a pipe dream!

Impressed with the WIP at the moment and obviously there are some place holders so a matter of wait and see.

Keep up the good work BIS! thumbs-up.gif

I doubt the dogs will attack as that would really require a melee response once they're upon you - unless you don't mind risk shooting your own leg. But sentry dogs with a fearsome snarl and maybe mock charges would do the job methinks.

Most likely they'll just move in a wedge formation. When they lose track of the leader, you can hear "Where are you?" in a Scooby Doo fashion. biggrin_o.gif

lol @ Scooby-Doo biggrin_o.gif

yes, why not every dog caring for civilians/people they use to see/people that doesn't represent a threat, and attack enemies of civilians, or even any intruder incoming ?

How a non-trained dog would react ? (by the way, scared-by-firefight dog would be great too)

A non trained dog would most likely put his tail between his legs and either 'cry' or growl in stand in front or between the legs of his owner.

maybe random "personalities" to dogs would be great, but... we can't ask them to just do everything doable, like many fsm for animals ! (...or can we ?)

thumbs-up.gif

Hmm, now where'd I put them Scooby Snacks at? tounge2.gif

Hmm, now where'd I put them Scooby Snacks at?  tounge2.gif

Now you understand why this dog is running at you crazy_o.gif

Bohemia, in a patch (if that's not implemented by default, of course ! ), you could implement ability for dogs to track people by smell (like in Wolf Quest, hahaha) if players seems loving playing animals...

...I can see from here "rabbits speed contest" tounge2.gif