Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

@Beton

If you are making the map into this mod officially, maybe you could ask Rip for those new bunker/trench types. Of course then the map couldn't be played until the next phase is released by anybody else.

agreed,

the new types of bunker/trench are a vast improvement over the older ones.

Looks like it's coming along nicely Rip/Beton. I've attached a pic that is slightly edited in hue, of the long grass you made. It's not bad at all, especially mixed in with the long grass and yellow flowers from stock armed assault. I like it. I would say it just needs a different hue to look slightly more yellow/green.

grasseditva7.th.jpg

In the grass, there are a couple crossed lines, maybe they are stems or something, they just make the "crossed" look a little too busy.

Love the new sounds, they have lots of reverb, very cool.

Looks like it's coming along nicely Rip/Beton. I've attached a pic that is slightly edited in hue, of the long grass you made. It's not bad at all, especially mixed in with the long grass and yellow flowers from stock armed assault. I like it. I would say it just needs a different hue to look slightly more yellow/green.

grasseditva7.th.jpg

In the grass, there are a couple crossed lines, maybe they are stems or something, they just make the "crossed" look a little too busy.

Love the new sounds, they have lots of reverb, very cool.

I made that grass texture in about 1 minute. I apologize if my grass isn't growing exaclty straight up and down. tounge2.gif Next time I will mow the lawn before I texture. rofl.gif

I made that grass texture in about 1 minute.

LOL Oh okay. It looks good, I like it, I just wasn't sure, by the screenshot it looked like many crossed dark textures or stems. No worries, it's lookin good. The best grass looks a little disorganized anyway...random.

smile_o.gif

IF I spend all week working on blades of grass I'll never get to Gold, Juno or Sword beach.

Yep, I'm in agreement. I think a little hue adjustment would be good enough to the custom grass you made. I'm not trying to bog you down with major changes, just a slight change to the texture hue, actually. smile_o.gif

ohhh i can not wait to get hands on the SdKfz 250 biggrin_o.gif

hope it will be released soon :P

huh? were do you see that

huh? were do you see that

I think he was refering to this:

250.jpg

It was earlier in the thread or the WIP thread.

We've got a few different versions of it.

We have a lot of halftracks period.

MAP first! Then vehicles.

wink_o.gif

A little WIP update:

Here is what Aqu is working on today. I will be adding it to the map later tonight when he's done with it:

RR_wip1.jpg

omg there is no railway crossing gate ... big security alert! biggrin_o.gif

its lookking nice ...

Wow, railways tracks !

Just the thing I was dreaming about

biggrin_o.gif

But I know the difficult part will be curves ...

Wow, railways tracks !

Just the thing I was dreaming about

biggrin_o.gif

But I know the difficult part will be curves ...

Curves are already done.

i think the train on the curves if it moves will be the big problem.

but got to agree with everyone.

it does look great.

all these little details to the map will pay off big in terms of atmosphere plus if the train gets to a workable stage will be good for moving equipment and men around the map.

it does look great.

all these little details to the map will pay off big in terms of atmosphere plus if the train gets to a workable stage will be good for moving equipment and men around the map.

The problem with a train in ArmA is that a vehicle in general is preprogrammed to move in a herring bone pattern - Meaning they peel off left or right of the road as they move along depending on obstacles they see. That would look very funny if a train was doing just that. That's probably the main reason you don't see any train addons up to this point. I suspect there may be one out there. But I'm not aware of it. And who knows how it works. IT's beyond me at the moment.

With the tracks, were trying to make a more emmersive atmosphere. Sure it would be nice to get the train model we have to work. But who knows when that will be if ever. I suspect we will probably release the train as part of some static objects.

As to speak for myself, i am glad to get the possibility as a mission maker to get some new targets like: bomb a train station or secure it. I also like missions where i have to cross a wide river or where you have to secure a bridge that is flanked with some bunkers (that i love to place myself in the editor) wink_o.gif

it does look great.

The problem with a train in ArmA is that a vehicle in general is preprogrammed to move in a herring bone pattern - Meaning they peel off left or right of the road as they move along depending on obstacles they see.  That would look very funny if a train was doing just that.  That's probably the main reason you don't see any train addons up to this point.  I suspect there may be one out there.  But I'm not aware of it.   And who knows how it works.  IT's beyond me at the moment.

With the tracks, were trying to make a more emmersive atmosphere.  Sure it would be nice to get the train model we have to work.  But who knows when that will be if ever.  I suspect we will probably release the train as part of some static objects.

There was a train system made in OFP actually. If you are feeling rather bold, you might try checking it out to see if it can be implemented into your island. However I remember it had a few issues. Anyways...personally I don't think it's a big deal if we don't have trains. A few stationary ones might be nice like the one mounting that giant Nazi cannon "Big Bertha".

Chris G.

aka-Miles teg<GD>

Even stationary trains would awesome, sitting on the tracks. Other possibilities might be making long areas of tracks where the train travels out of view(into or under something) and then is deleted, replaced elsewhere.

Train tracks are looking fantastic. Any chance of having some dead horses (even stationary, non-moveable models) available?

smile_o.gif

Cheers

Vidz

Even stationary trains would awesome, sitting on the tracks. Other possibilities might be making long areas of tracks where the train travels out of view(into or under something) and then is deleted, replaced elsewhere.

Train tracks are looking fantastic. Any chance of having some dead horses (even stationary, non-moveable models) available?

smile_o.gif

Cheers

Vidz

rofl.gif   Thanks!  I was drinking that when I read that.  IT came out my nose.  I was laughing so hard.  "hey guys lets do this thing where trains ride off into the distance and disappear..." <conversation flips 180>"Can we have dead animals strewn randomly about the countryside?"

Excellent idea!

tounge2.gif

How bout if I make the animals civilians that meander about in fields, when you kill them it counts against your score? Plus they start to get nervous when people with weapons approach. lol

The problem with a train in ArmA is that a vehicle in general is preprogrammed to move in a herring bone pattern

Could have a static model object that gets setPos'd around the tracks. Judging by all the airlifting / towing scripts I've seen, it'd probably look pretty dodgy in multiplayer though.

edit: I was just lookin' at those animated rig things in the southern Sahrani desert and it gave me an idea. I don't know how animated models work in ArmA, but is it possible to actually move the model around the island using animations?

The problem with a train in ArmA is that a vehicle in general is preprogrammed to move in a herring bone pattern

Could have a static model object that gets setPos'd around the tracks. Judging by all the airlifting / towing scripts I've seen, it'd probably look pretty dodgy in multiplayer though.

edit: I was just lookin' at those animated rig things in the southern Sahrani desert and it gave me an idea. I don't know how animated models work in ArmA, but is it possible to actually move the model around the island using animations?

Not sure about animating it. The idea is to place trains as static objects here and there. With boxcars and such, it should look good.

Here's a quick WiP pic of the new tank optics for the Panzer IV

All tanks will have there own optics as historically accurate as possible.

Hopefully each will also have a tank sight surround to make them feel more unique,Replacing  the standard BIS black circle surround.

hopefully this pic will be more obvious to demonstrate what i mean.

PanzerIVF2-and-sight2.jpg

quality on optics due to .jpg compression.

The proper optics are much clearer smile_o.gif