Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound

I see the "VopSound_c.pbo"(assuming that's the one from the "ACE_config" folder.) but do you have the "VopSound.pbo" in there as well?(The file that was originally in the @VopSound_ACE_1.19/AddOns folder.) You need both .pbo's in there.

EDIT:

Also, yes you can still play online if you comment out that line in the ace_clientside_config.hpp. Per ACE setup if you don't comment out that line in the ace_clientside_config.hpp the ACE sounds will be activated and no Sound Mod will work.

OK so I leave the two files originally in there and add the two others? Sounds good. Trying it now.

EDIT1: Still no dice. I am usually very good at modding, sorry to be taking your time. I've even made some mods of my own before huh.gif. Anyway, here's what I've got going now and still no sound effects.

Folder02.png

Those files are from the "ACE Config" folder. Yes, I did setup the .hpp file like you told me to.

EDIT2: I got it working with your help. I had to restart computer for some reason, after that it worked.

Hey loctite. Great work on the mod! Whatever happened to you with GOL?

Thanks Manzilla for your post on updating the .hpp file for ACE. I, for the life of me, can't think of a reason why the creator of this mod doesn't mention this info anywhere! I think there's a fair few people playing with ACE sounds thinking they're Vopsound...

Thx again!

Also, little tip for vista users with Audigy cards (no real EAX support) I get the best result with these settings: Add -openal to your shortcut, turn off CMSS in creative console, turn on EAX in Arma and turn Hardware Acceleration off. This seems to be the best setting for me, in other setting the sounds are way too low in volume. Especially your own rifle. With these settings my guns go BANG again. Hope it helps someone. smile_o.gif

Noticed a small thingy apart from the FFAR's not sounding on buildings *hint hint* smile_o.gif (you already know that one, but just reminding).

The M4 silent sound is a bit off. Thinking of the long reverb/echo on it. That should come from a loud sound but not a silenced one. Maybe just "fade" the same sound right after and cut the long reverb off. Sounds a bit weird when you get an echo from it. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Well, bluntly speaking the Blackhawk sounds like a lada, the KA-50 canon-sound is bugged, I couldn't hear the blackhawk sounds at all during the thunderstorm when flying.

I found these issues when playing Domination with ACE.

Thanks Manzilla for your post on updating the .hpp file for ACE. I, for the life of me, can't think of a reason why the creator of this mod doesn't mention this info anywhere! I think there's a fair few people playing with ACE sounds thinking they're Vopsound...

Thx again!

Its not mentioned because its not needed.

BTW thanks for the Vista tip, I'll add this to the readme.

Quote[/b] ]The M4 silent sound is a bit off. Thinking of the long reverb/echo on it. That should come from a loud sound but not a silenced one. Maybe just "fade" the same sound right after and cut the long reverb off. Sounds a bit weird when you get an echo from it. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex

I need some feedback from someone who has heard/shot a silenced assault rifle yet. I did not.

Until I'm proven wrong I can't stand the ubersupression in Vanilla ArmA or other addons.

Imo and what i've heard from someone I dont remind, its just a muzzle flash hider with some supression capabilities which cuts down the sound of the bullet leaving the barrel a bit.  

The reverb might be to loud though.

Quote[/b] ]Well, bluntly speaking the Blackhawk sounds like a lada, the KA-50 canon-sound is bugged, I couldn't hear the blackhawk sounds at all during the thunderstorm when flying.

1. ? Bluntly speaking it sounds like a helicopter for me. 2. Be more precise, theres no problem with the gun at all. 3. Helo inside sounds are lowered due to VoN communication.

Edit:

First post updated

3. Helo inside sounds are lowered due to VoN communication.

This is a very good feature... Question?? Can the sound for pilots position be lowered whilst the others stay a little louder ?  The reason I ask, is that the little bird is very loud in the pilots position... but woulded the pilot be wearing noise cancelling headset ?  I know civil pilots can/do and I have used these headsets myself.. they are very good at reducing the cockpit noise. And currently it is a little difficult using VON whilst flying the Little Bird.

. this is a fantastic sound mod....thanks for your time and effort.

It's not? After I did this my sound definately changed ingame...

It's not? After I did this my sound definately changed ingame...

Then you might be using the wrong config file from the downloaded archive. wink_o.gif

Just doublechecked the line in my .hpp and its not commented out.

You're right, I messed up when updating to 1.19 smile_o.gif

Working fine now. Great mod, keep up the good work!

@vo.2

Okay, I understand the blackhawk, but shouldn't the kamov 30mm canon firing sound be like *tukukukutuk* instead of single *tuk*?

Small demonstration of possible issue

You are using the wrong config file, mate. smile_o.gif

The config for "vanilla arma" uses single shot for the KA-50 cannon.

-----------

Open your downloaded archive or download the hotfix http://www.armaholic.com/datas....fix.rar

Extract the archive, open the ACE_config folder and copy the config file into your existing Vopsound addons folder.

When using ACE 1.06 and VopSound 1.19, the M16A2 Grenade launcher will not properly fire it's 203 grenade launcher. Instead of being named M203, it shows as grenade. This causes it not to fire it's grenades at all.

Edited by WaterIsPoison

When using ACE 1.06 and VopSound 1.19, the M16A2 Grenade launcher will not properly fire it's 203 grenade launcher. Instead of being named M203, it shows as grenade. This causes it not to fire it's grenades at all.

Get the config fix posted above or on 1st page.

I just double-checked I had the ACE sounds installed and I still get only one sound per burst of KA-50 fire. :butbut:

I just double-checked I had the ACE sounds installed and I still get only one sound per burst of KA-50 fire. :butbut:

Same for me. Guess we both did something wrong?

It's possible 1.19 has that bug where the KA-50 doesn't fire. I just recopied the ACE replacement and still bugged. I'm wondering if the rest of the ACE sounds aren't replaced. :(

I'll have a look into this.

Aw i liked the ("- glass shatter sounds for grenade impacts removed") glass shatter sounds

Sound levels could be better tweaked for gameplay. If I turn the volume down, my rifle sounds very weak obviously. But being near a vehicle I have to turn down the volume, which also turns down any VoN directchat. Shouting louder doesn't work as in real life. Aside from that, I'm forced to adjust the volumes just to hear what others are saying, even on TeamSpeak. Shouting louder in real life works. But boosting the TS volume only causes more clipping.

There should be a better balance between 'realism' and 'playability', imho. Since in real life you can deal with such a problem in a way that you cannot in a computer game.

The db settings are probably ok, I think it's the sound levels in the actual samples that are bothering me. Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this though.