Sign in to follow this  
eble

Su-25  Flaspoint to Arma conversion

Hi All,

Was stuck for something to do tonight so I converted the  Su-25 from Flaspoint over to Arma.

It has the original textures from flashpoint, but don't let that put you off, as everything else has been converted.

It features:

Improved flight model - (infact its fun to fly) maybe not realistic but..

basic Hud

rotating wheels (something I've had problems with in the past)

6 x ch-29 missiles

40 x FFAR

180 rnd Cannon

I haven't binerised the model so everyone can have a look and see what it's all about, I was thinking this addon could be like an open source for anyone to chop change add as they wish.

Please feel free to make any changes you like, the only thing I ask is please post any changes to this thread so we can all keep up with whats happening and the latest changes etc.

I have no experience with retexturing models so if anyone fancies a challenge here it is, show us what you can do.

Anyway enough already from me, it's a community plane  smile_o.gif

Su-25

Have fun Southy

ps it's damn late here can a mod tidy up the title please, thanx

Big thanx to the guys at the Internode server for putting up with my constant beta tests. smile_o.gif

SU25%20CAS.jpg

Nice one, it even has some functions ours doesnt have like the rotating wheels.

Maybe we can include some of the functions ( if you dont mind offcourse ) from your variant when we release the Su-25 pack.

Before anyone asks, yes it was decided to release the P85 Su-25 as standalone pack because there are too many variants than we actually need for the mod.

Nice job, especially as it's one evening's excellent work.

When I see this in-game it reminds me of the other great addons that were made for OFP and we could still do with in ArmA. T say it again: DKM's ADATS, Tunguska, Comanche...

There must be someone or something that could be done / contacted to get those back in-game?

Could the BI licence on the tools could be invoked somehow?

Nice one, it even has some functions ours doesnt have like the rotating wheels.

Maybe we can include some of the functions ( if you dont mind offcourse ) from your variant when we release the Su-25 pack.

Before anyone asks, yes it was decided to release the P85 Su-25 as standalone pack because there are too many variants than we actually need for the mod.

I consider this an open project, so if anyone can use parts of this addon then so be it, I have no problems with anything being used.

I actually thought you were joking about the wheels  smile_o.gif

Southy

NICE ADDON  thumbs-up.gif

now some thing we can use agains the US tank smile_o.gif

WarWolf @ Aug. 14 2008,16:58)]Could the BI licence on the tools could be invoked somehow?

The Su-25 model in included in the Oxygen samples for OFP...

So I would assume southy's addon is OK from the view of the license. smile_o.gif

Well done Southy thumbs-up.gif

I think that someone else can add the missing animations using the BI sample configs smile_o.gif

cheers,

mike

Click

I've added shadow LOD & messed around with weapons & map icon. Shadows and proxies still need to work around with them...

Best regards,

zGuba

Really cool to have this in game again! Finally a realistic choice to plug the gap between the Mig17 and the Su34.

Is there any way to make this attack big groups of infantry instead of just cars and above?

Good job, I hope that someone keep working in it.

Also, Bug: it has a West pilot instead of a East one.

No offence, but why converting BIS OFP stuff? Even in OFP the vanilla models were SO ugly! There was another OFP addon with Su-25 that was much better looking than this thing. But now we are all waiting for the Su-25 from the 85 project, that should be good. Please don't be offended Eble, I am glad you at least doing that for the community, but perhaps better looking OFP model next time? F.e. Tomids Su-22 or Footmunch's Mig-27?

The important thing about this addon is that it fills a gap. The gap being a realistic fixed wing threat to BLUFOR ground units. From that perspective it doesn't matter whatsoever how the model or textures look, aslong as it functions properly and sounds good. Which it appears to, although i'd like to engage clusters of infantry too.

Unless you want to take pictures of it...

Hi, if this SU-25 Frogfoot don't hand the same 3.000 textures that

it haves, stretched and with less quality than a cetme L... i'll try

to find some blue prints and ref material to make some camos for

it, possibly even a pair of RACS variants too; and yeah, will be very

usefull if the plane could engage infatry groups with the rockets and

the gun, that i think (is just a guess...) that the SU-25 cannon must

have more than just 180 rounds.

But this release is one step in the right direction; thanks for the effort. Let's C ya

Nice work! I always thought the Su-25 was one of the nicer models in ofp.

As people have said already, this addon fills a very important gap in the arsenal of the SLA.

Thanks!

and yeah, will be very

It does have 250 rounds IRL.

Need sound for GSh-302 - the short burst, so we could leave it with 10 round bursts.

Hi, if this SU-25 Frogfoot don't hand the same 3.000 textures that

it haves, stretched and with less quality than a cetme L... i'll try

to find some blue prints and ref material to make some camos for

it, possibly even a pair of RACS variants too; and yeah, will be very

But this release is one step in the right direction; thanks for the effort. Let's C ya

It has a twin barrel 30mm AO-17A cannon with 250 rounds that fires at 3000 rounds a minute. Can also carry gun pods(max of 4) SPPU-22 gun pods with GSh-23 23mm twin barrelled gun pods each with 260 rounds. The gun pods can be depressed for straffing on the SU25T I'm not sure about the vanilla.

ScreenShot_017.jpg

It also uses drag chutes for landing.

ScreenShot_000.jpg

I just tried this mod out in Arma very cool now if only it could be added to the red side in Evo. smile_o.gif

No offence, but why converting BIS OFP stuff? Even in OFP the vanilla models were SO ugly! There was another OFP addon with Su-25 that was much better looking than this thing. But now we are all waiting for the Su-25 from the 85 project, that should be good. Please don't be offended Eble, I am glad you at least doing that for the community, but perhaps better looking OFP model next time? F.e. Tomids Su-22 or Footmunch's Mig-27?

Just another suggestion: This plane is nice and easy to mod.

A very good starting point for someone who want to start modding. Elbe converted it to ArmA, so everybody can join to make it even more ugly in ArmA wink_o.gif

Requests for someone else OFP addon's implies check for permissions. Also, I think that Gnat already started to convert Footmunchs addons.

SUBS17

Do not hotlink images over 100 kb.

Also, edit your previous posts if you have something to add rather then doublepost within 10 minutes.

Click

I've added shadow LOD & messed around with weapons & map icon. Shadows and proxies still need to work around with them...

Best regards,

zGuba

When you put it as "player" in the editor and then disembark, you can see your pilot is wearing an american pilot uniform.