Sign in to follow this  
Pauldarrington

kellys heros Vte Mod event

Snake Man and pauld...

So this will be the same version that was used the last KH/VTE evening ?

Thanks.

last update before tomorrows event..

it will be played in veteran mode so you know the drill

no 3rd person, no player icons on map, no crosshair etc etc

just alittle heads up on that one

I've come out of several hours work on this mission just now. Wanted to wet your appetite if you sit on the fence.

We are putting in a viewdistance/terrain setting that players can adjust if needed. There are a lot of trees which are very well rendered, but with 10,000 trees on the screen at once, lower end systems might struggle still so these players can reduce VD from 3k.

The event is broken into 4 teams each with a leader. Each team will be assigned their own 'todo' by the overall commander. Certain new features have been added, such as drawing on the map, ideal to co-ordinate attacks, and hand held radar device.

Team leaders will be deiceded on the night, depending on numbers and who shows, anyone willing to take up this role I just ask that you have attended a previous event and have working mike.

Everyone else will play within the team. There is no respawn, its a revive mission, and objectives completed will reveal information only to the members physically present that need to be communicated upwards. I wanted to have everyone as involved as possible in all aspects of the mission.

We begin on an aircraft carrier! Logistics will be vital.

Hey all, I would very much like to join in on this, but I'm having some difficulties in time zone conversion. I am in the U.S. EDT time zone, and assuming the times listed on the last page are GMT, what (if any) daylight savings modifier is in effect there?

Hey mate,

This is gonna happen @ 20:00 BST= UK time (that would be GMT+1). So yes, daylight savings are in effect. But as i know US has daylight change as well, you need to do the transformations.

Okay, so this looks like it'll be 15:00 my time. I'll be there, and thanks for the clarification.

It was totally awesome. As I wrote to PMC Tactical VTE ArmA multiplayer topic:

Quote[/b] ]Excellent Kellys Heroes VTE event!

The team work and use of teamspeak voice comms was superb. It was totally awesome feeling to be part of the team, anxiously wait on the side when our squad leader (team leader?) communicated to the "main commander" of our forces and then relayed his orders back down to us. That was so cool, never experienced that kind of gameplay before (CoC CEX dont count).

It was nice 5h session, I really hope they arrange more of these VTE events.

Source.

It was especially cool when we approached the fist village target, M48 was rolling ahead of us infantry, the tank stopped and opened fire to the village while I was leaning over the tank watching how the tracers found their way to the target. Oh man it was just like in Full Metal Jacket! Very cool.

Big thanks for the Kellys Heros team for organizing this VTE event!