Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

Absolutly fantastic work. Wery good tank. I m wery heppy too see theat a ww2 mod r working togheter and making wery impresiv addons. I hope u will relise it soon. Keep up the gr8 work notworthy.gif

collaboration is all good as long as your working in the same mind set.

sometimes collaboration isn't the way forward and can cause more trouble then it's worth.

Luckily Rip is a Good guy and very easy to work with,

As for release the age old saying of "when it's done" applies i think.

but keep watching as the thread should be updated with work in progress pics and updates regularly.

Enigma said it all. wink_o.gif

Hmmm, Jerry tanks. I'll get cracking on the P.I.A.T. model I

promised    wink_o.gif   Oh the suspense, crawling up to within 50

yards of a Jerry tank to shove a PIAT bomb up its bum. Then

back to the Coy. position for a cup of char and a posthumous

VC. Hurry up with this mod!   biggrin_o.gif

You may have notice the Panther was removed. ^^

Folks I just want to say to the community out there, that there are some children not getting along out there. It's pretty sad that in this day and age that people can't work together on NON-FOR-FOR-PROFIT video game models. Geez!

This is the second time someone has give me a model with permissions that wasn't theirs. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. It is a violation of the original authors intellectual property rights. Make sure when you are contributing a model to this mod, that you ask the author and you have their permission. Not doing so will have your work quickly removed.

You know it's nice to ask. But it's also just as nice to give. - Think about it. The old saying "Can't we just get along?" comes to mind. We're just trying to make a WWII mod here. Dang LOL. You want it or not? lol

Ok that said, the panther is gone until the author gives his fullest permissions. I sank about 5 hours into it, too bad. IT was a great piece. Hopefully the author will cooperate and this model won't collect dust in the archives of the ArmA WWII mod death pit.

Nuf' said.

-As panthers were tanks that existed during 1944. I had already planned on putting one ingame for the Normandy phase. So I will do one very soon. Unless author of said panther in question responds with permissions. As as you have come to know me by now. IT will happen quickly. So no worries. Be happy.

OKAY so heres the deal. After a quick email The panther is back in. Atomic has agreed to placing it back in the mod and given permission. Good deal. yay.gif

panther4.jpg

panther5.jpg

panther3.jpg

I knew people would come to their senes! Glad we can work together. See isn't that easy and make you feel a lot better!

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

***NEWS: At this point in time were going to finish up what we have. Polish the models we've got and release them. 3 weeks max - estimate.

***NEWS:  At this point in time were going to finish up what we have.  Polish the models we've got and release them.  3 weeks max - estimate.

OH YEAH...forgot to mention, they will be BETA at that point.

The idea is to get them out so people can have fun and create some missions and find 'major' bugs.

***NEWS:  At this point in time were going to finish up what we have.  Polish the models we've got and release them.  3 weeks max - estimate.

Yesssss!!!  biggrin_o.gif

The panther is ready to go. Tweaked it all day. IT now has it's own sights, treads work good, uses its own weapons and ammo system. Has a custom engine sound. It will be included in the beta release.

Rip31st, these screens and info is all gr8. i just wanna say that im amazed at the amount of cooperation from you. days later new pic's are posted and you make models at a damn fast rate yay.gif ( seems like it) other dev teams should watch and learn. you should play company of heroes ( u probably have) to inspire you on wat to include in the mod and how stuff looks.

Well were putting out models knowing that there are several more to develope. We just want the fun to begin.

With what we have right now. People should be able to create a lot of material on their own such as multiplayer missions and single player missions.

Expect A LOT more where this comes from. I mean A LOT!

I haven't even made my Allied equipment list yet. I know some of you are chomping at the bit waiting for that.

I haven't even made my Allied equipment list yet.  I know some of you are chomping at the bit waiting for that.

chomp, chomp, chomp.... smile_o.gif

Here's the graticule for the 17pdr Mk IV (and the M1919A4

co-ax MG). You'll need it for the Firefly you're making...

17pdr.jpg

Yeah that is a nice retical. I just got one done for the panther.

Think "mid october".

The mod is very active. Many people are working on it now.

Iam very thankfull for the work of all you guys.

I really look forward for that.

cheers.

October 15th is the day. What time during that day, I dunno. LOL. Late U.S. PDT. smile_o.gif