Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

All things are taken into consideration. That's why I've opted for very basic models. But nevertheless, it's always worth it to check something out.

How much processor power does the FFN mod take up? Some of us are still using old Celeron D dual cores, putting enough AI in vanilla arma gets down to about 20 FPS, adding stuff like that can be a showstopper.

I know the developer of FFN and the mod runs smooth on his PC,which is quite outdated.

3.  WHY THE HELL ARE THE WWII MODS NOT WORKING TOGETHER?huh.gif   I didn't even know the Inv1944 mod (my favorite OFP WWII mod) was still alive.   If you guys all worked together we'd have the most amazing WWII mod ever made!  

i was about to say that too. i totally agree with u

Because we all work on our own agenda. Because we all want to be our own boss, because we want to do things our way and not another way. I'm a prick so it's hard to work with me. As for I44, dunno. 31st normady mod looks cool, sounds pretty neat and I like the pure fun agenda. Me and I44 are trying to get the historical accuracy right down to the bolts and nuts on vehicles.

3. WHY THE HELL ARE THE WWII MODS NOT WORKING TOGETHER?huh.gif I didn't even know the Inv1944 mod (my favorite OFP WWII mod) was still alive.

To not derail Rip31st' topic, I've written a reply on [our own forums], anyone interested can discuss it further there if they wish.

Quote[/b] ]Why aren't the ww2 mods working together?
well it depends on how you see "working together" It doesn't  really work and does nothing to promote the development of the individual artist.

Agamoth and Stubblehopper from BoB develop their skills at their own pace,in a year they will be making a darn site better soldiers and textures than now,Mehman,another modder who has been developing his own dream,with a good eye and a great talent,what of the desert mod then? what will become of it if he throws in his lot?

What of atstwalker and his crew?

Petr and the czech mod?

The polish ww2 mod?

The Finnish ww2 mod?

It's been tried before and is set to fail with the hundreds of orange msn chat calls on your desktop instead of o2,and an administration headache you cant go and buy pills for.

Embrace the choice you all will have to play unique ww2 mods to your hearts content when and as they appear.

What Rip is doing is a tall order and never been attempted afaik,namely size and quantity over quality for a server based mmo ww2 fest on land sea and air,and respect for that rip,hats off to ya bud.It's new,fresh,and innovative and right from the start Rip has stated,don't expect much in the way of detail,the mod is about gameplay and based on donation and has nothing to do with "mods working together"

Some mods are a one man entity,some a large friend base,some are old hands,some up and coming,as for i44,I regard the guys as my brothers,known eachother for years and the mod is our home.Most important of all...the choice is yours,play what you want and enjoy your game and respect the wishes of others.

well we simply can't all work together in one big project it would be totally out of controle and the standards would be to different take my work for an example and put it in the same pack as the I44 my units would look really bad next to them.

at some point we do work together I got tons of usefull feedback from people with their own ww2 projects

What of atstwalker and his crew?

1) Festung

2) Waffen/Weapons

3) Kriegsmarine/Navy

3) Luftwaffe-Fsj/Air Force

that's our planning :|

I would love to make some things clear here.

-I'm not the "boss". I really don't care to be in control. My efforts here don't reflect of a person that carries and "ego". I do not believe my work is above that of others. I know the quality of my work isn't at a high level of expectation. I don't care to compete with other mods, rather I try to include them. Several people have asked to be involved and many people more to be asked. I have sent tons of PM's to folks and received tons of PM's wanting to help.

When it comes to intellectual property rights. I respect them completely. HOWEVER I feel MY WORK can be used at anytime, by any person, for any reason so long as it's NOT used for profit. They can play with it. Make adjustments to it. Repaint it. I encourage it. IT's not some BIG secret. Let's face it folks. Us moder's, atleast to my knowledge to the most part aren't here to make a profit. They are 99.9% doing it for free so others can have FUN! THAT IS THE POINT. FUN! So in my opinion, why have the ego or isolate yourself? I'm not here to drive a wedge in the community between my mod and someone elses. I really don't even consider this to be my mod. "My mod" is just a figure of speech that refers at my attempt to help organize the community in a friendly matter so people can HAVE WWII fun.

I really want all the input I can get. I appreciate everyones responses. Which I've gotten tons of it.

I really want people's help. I really want people to open up and be open with their work like I am with mine. I want the modders community to be able to openly share.

I was just talking to Chammy today on helping out with sound. I have PM's outstanding to ASTWalker asking him if he would allow us permission to include his wonderful work.

is there going to be destroyers? there should, cause during the D-Day they provided the precius artillery support.

I would love to have them! Yes they are part of the D-Day experience. I will model them when I get to that point. If others volunteer their help with them and allow permissions. I will openly accept them.

3.  WHY THE HELL ARE THE WWII MODS NOT WORKING TOGETHER?huh.gif   I didn't even know the Inv1944 mod (my favorite OFP WWII mod) was still alive.   If you guys all worked together we'd have the most amazing WWII mod ever made!

FWW2 agenda does not match up with any other ArmA WW2 mod agenda at the moment. Only Stubblehopper is doing something releated to Soviets, which isn't currently exact era matching to our work.

Also if two mods decides to cooperate in their own independant names it will bring problems at somepoint unless other mod members are extremely generous and willing to give everything before their own release. As mentioned "boss"-issue will come up sooner or later in every cooperation, not to meantion accidental leak of WIP work which other mod might show to public without permission of original maker.

And finally so that I just don't butt in here without reason. You keep amazing speed up Rip31st (and team)! Good to see a mod that is more concerned to get their work for community to toy around before making the real deal thumbs-up.gif

im pretty sure that he was just talking about invasion 1944 and 31st normandy... cause FF2 is pretty much just based on finlands war, so there's not much I '44 or 31st normandy can do to help FF2 confused_o.gif

When you get a lot of this done, will you be considering Russian Tanks/Infantry/Aircraft. Only after you have done this, of course.

im pretty sure that he was just talking about invasion 1944 and 31st normandy... cause FF2 is pretty much just based on finlands war, so there's not much I '44 or 31st normandy can do to help FF2  confused_o.gif

I understood his point, still FWW2 is WW2 mod even if on different front that most of WW2 mods are. Just meant to point out that in some cases cooperation with other mods isn't even option since their needs don't meet wink_o.gif

When you get a lot of this done, will you be considering Russian Tanks/Infantry/Aircraft. Only after you have done this, of course.

We were discussing this. Our thoughts included doing things in phases. We want to included a Russian front. Not only in Germany or Poland, but Finland as well. By mentioning this I'm not trying to circumvent other existing work.

I have seen the FWW2 mod on the Armaholic website. I love what I see there. I'm not sure of it's status or whether or not it's active. I haven't talked with them yet to see if they wanted to have participation. I would love it. It would make things a lot easier.

But in answer to your question. I love all things WWII, so yes, there will be Russian tanks, infantry and aircraft. Just picked up the complete series of Jane's WWII aircraft and tanks today at a local book store.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here - The "boss" factor won't rear it's ugly head here. That is the greatness of community driven inovation in putting together something like this. The mod is so open, I could really care less if someone takes the work. It's pretty easy to model something different. Besides with all the screenshots and wireframes posted and several hundred eyes on it daily it's going to be pretty hard to claim as someone elses work. Not to mention, my work is nothing to brag about. So go right head LOL.

On a side note. I am anxious to get back to work on some items such as the Tiger one I wire framed. It's been a busy few days here with the holiday weekend so I haven't done much.

Some other stuff floating around resident in my memory:

-I've got a guy that's got great map making skills. He presented me with a very nice map of an area close to where he lives in real life and did an excellent job. His Idea was to break down some areas already included on the map I created. He's also refining some of the areas on my map to work in conjunction with the 75m terrain grid I've got. And to make it a bit more AI friendly. We've been doing some AI testing and found some problems with AI and objects.

-Also while were talking about maps. Speaking of big maps. I plan on doing Calais to Berlin. Berlin to Warsaw. Warsaw to Moscow and Moscow to Helsinki before this whole thing is over. Possibly more.

-Were also addressing the way AI in aircraft address ground targets. There are some issues there with the dynamics and how they handle a target - which is fixable.

In other news: Project RACS will be helping out. They have a 40mm Bofors they are willing to donate to the cause. Thank you very much wld427!

if i got this right, you're going to include Finland to this mod at some point, am i right? if you are going to do that, are you - or someone else - going to include Tali and Ihantala to this mod? 'cause the "Tali-Ihantala's battle" was the most epic battle finnish troops were trown into, in my opinion. But Finland could not have won without that equipment Germany sent us, so German troops also playes a big role in that battle. i don't know if it was the "Tali-Ihanta's battle", but at some point, german troops joined the finnish forces to defend Finland's border.

did i go bit off-topic? icon_rolleyes.gif

if i got this right, you're going to include Finland to this mod at some point, am i right? if you are going to do that, are you - or someone else -  going to include Tali and Ihantala to this mod? 'cause the "Tali-Ihantala's battle" was the most epic battle finnish troops were trown into, in my opinion. But Finland could not have won without that equipment Germany sent us, so German troops also playes a big role in that battle. i don't know if it was the "Tali-Ihanta's battle", but at some point, german troops joined the finnish forces to defend Finland's border.

did i go bit off-topic? icon_rolleyes.gif

The Battle of Tali-Ihantala was probably the single most important part of the Fin/Soviet war. From what I understand there was some heavy Artillery action. Lots of Soviet armor, aircraft and infantry were lost. Some point to the Soviets giving low estimates of loss to keep morale up. It would be a great piece to this mod having all the panzerfaust, stug's, artillery, soviet tanks and aircraft...etc.

after touring europe would it not be great to also do pearl harbour to big boy.just a thought? smile_o.gif

I have seen the FWW2 mod on the Armaholic website.  I love what I see there.  I'm not sure of it's status or whether or not it's active.  I haven't talked with them yet to see if they wanted to have participation.  I would love it.  It would make things a lot easier.

We're very much alive and active, also thank you for your intrest and praises.

Quote[/b] ]The Battle of Tali-Ihantala was probably the single most important part of the Fin/Soviet war.

Now I would not go as far as defining one of defence-victory battles as seperately important, Tali-Ihantala is most known one. There has been so many battles that has been important for finnish independance and not alone in Continuation war, but as well in Winter war.

However this is going little bit off topic (at least on my part), so everybody is welcomed to continue it in FWW2 topic or in FWW2 forums.

We should concentrate on current situation and work of this topic wink_o.gif

I would say that Cromwell could use some smoothness around trackguards and also some of those faces should be smooth instead of sharp, otherwise it results quite unpleasant view in-game, but good start still.

Tiger 1 still in work:

tiger12.jpg