Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

that tiger I is looking good so far, are you going to make tiger IV's at some point?

What is tiger IV? I have only seen panzer IV.

that tiger I is looking good so far, are you going to make tiger IV's at some point?

oh, i ment to say panzer IV smile_o.gif

oh, has he made any yet?

talking about tiger tanks... are you going to make a Tiger II?

WW2 German Tank roll call:

Panzer I • Panzer II • Panzer III • Panzer IV • Panther • Tiger I • Tiger II • Panzer 35(t) • Panzer 38(t)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I

Yes I will do a Tiger II and King Tiger. I will also do a pz2 and 3.

cool, oh, another thing to mention, you should make it possible for soldiers to sit on the side of a tank

Were working on a way to walk on top and sit on the tanks.

CromwellWires2.jpg

CromwellBuldozer2.jpg

Here's another WIP of the Cromwell tank. I scrapped the more complicated barrel for a nicer looking one with smoother edges, also this one will be easier to UVmap. I've also added some detail and smoothed a few surfaces, but there's still quite a bit to be done before I can start UV mapping and texturing. There's the obvious missing tracks, but I've also got to go through and delete hidden faces so I don't get confused when UV mapping, and rework the track skirts so that the edges don't get all ugly when I texture them (Small polys). I might get rid of the overhang, I've found MK4's with and without it in my research, and it's just another thing to complicate my first model. So, hopefully I'll have the model done soon, and I can unwrap it for texturing and try to get it in game (Read: Learn how to config a tank) without killing my monitor.

Good work on the Cromwell.  It's coming along nicely!

Here is another Tiger I WIP pic - took her out on a test drive just a bit ago:

Tiger14.jpg

tiger13.jpg

Bunch of work on it still left to go.

AstWalker has agreed to give us permission to use his wonderful work in this mod.

Here is a pic of his German 663 Schartenstand style bunker:

r633_in_action.jpg

Festung is also his work!

wld427 handed over a 40mm bofors from project RACS earlier today! Looks great! It's in need of a paint job and then it will be in game after a few minor adjustments:

bofors1.jpg

It does impress me that you have some great low-poly models with this project. While they may not be high-poly, crazy-sexy models - they are going to run very well in a multiplayer environment. Have you normal mapped/specular mapped the models? Also, some of the UV's look a little stretched?

It does impress me that you have some great low-poly models with this project.  While they may not be high-poly, crazy-sexy models - they are going to run very well in a multiplayer environment.  Have you normal mapped/specular mapped the models?  Also, some of the UV's look a little stretched?

Normal maps is the answer. Letting the game engine perform lighting on the objects works fine for me and most. I know some are picky with that stuff. I'm just not going to go there for this mod. IF people want to volunteer their work. They can. Things like the rvmat's, Detailed UV mapping, specular lighting, etc, etc...just isn't on the agenda for me because of time.

Here's some more bofors:

bofors4.jpg

bofors3.jpg

bofors2.jpg

bofors5.jpg

The bofors works great with AI! Thanks again project RACs for putting together such a nice peice. My paint job doesn't do it justice!

Well we are glad you are plesed with the model. A lil more work on that texture and its a first class piece.

Glad we could help you guys out.

let me know if you get a good working M3 Halftrack smile_o.gif

German equipment on the chalkboard:( that means it will probably go into work next )

-Flak36 otherwise known as the 88

-Pak40 75mm gun

-Pak36 37mm gun

-Flak30 20mm gun

-Stug III B

-PZ IV D

-PZ 38T

-PZ II C

-PZ III H

-Stug III G

-Various PZ VI Tigers

-SdKfz 232

-SdKfz 251C

-SdKfz 7 HT

-HE111

-JU88

-JU87

German equipment in work

-Tiger I

-PZ 3F

-Opel blitz

-Various weapons

I will give you a list of upcoming allied equipment soon.

The list looks nice. Not only the heavier tanks but also the more common medium and light tanks. Great job.

But may I suggest building a Focke Wulf instead of the ju-88. Because you already have the HE111 on your list, wouldn't it be better if you build another fighter. Especially because they are more versatile. Like you have the fighter and the ground attack versions. smile_o.gif

if you have flak already, you should make em very inaccurate, cause they had to fire a lot of (couple of dozen, maybe even over 70) rounds before they would even hit a single plane, according to what i've heard.

Adjustments come after testing occurs. That should pin down any problems we have as far as accuracy is concerned. Sometimes AI can be over powering in a vehicle. Sometimes not. Testing will help find and fix most of those issues.

Are you planning to further develop the paint scheme on

that? The base colour doesn't look quite "yellow" enough to

be RAL 7028 Dunkelgelb.

Since there are "Tigers" I hope there will also be a Sherman

Firefly (with a crew of proper British tankies) to kill them

with. Are there no "Panthers" in the making?

The real 40mm Bofors Mk III required an average of 500

rounds fired for each a/c shot down. An important role of

ack-ack, however, was to deter and disrupt attacks, not

necessarily to shoot down aircraft. I can't really imagine

that being realistically portrayed in ArmA, however.

I think I'd like to take a crack at that Sherman Firefly, next, as long as I'm doing all this Brit armor. Col. Faulkner, I think you'll be as pleased as anybody with how the Cromwell's shaping up. More screenshots tomorrow, need to make some major changes to the chassis and armor skirts.

Tiger 1 still in work:

tiger12.jpg

Are you planning to further develop the paint scheme on

that? The base colour doesn't look quite "yellow" enough to

be RAL 7028 Dunkelgelb.

Since there are "Tigers" I hope there will also be a Sherman

Firefly (with a crew of proper British tankies) to kill them

with. Are there no "Panthers" in the making?

The real 40mm Bofors Mk III required an average of 500

rounds fired for each a/c shot down. An important role of

ack-ack, however, was to deter and disrupt attacks, not

necessarily to shoot down aircraft. I can't really imagine

that being realistically portrayed in ArmA, however.

I agree with the colors on the Tiger 1. I put those there so folks can see them and give some input on those things. I will be changing the color when I get around to it. The real RAL 7028 seems to have more yellow then the one on the tank I did. RAL are german vehicle colors for those that don't know.

As far as I know there is a Firefly in work right now. I will keep you posted on that. A gentleman from Hawaii is working it.

On the bofors, with some testing, we will make it playble for the game. Right now as it is, it doesn't miss when AI are manning the guns. It will be adjusted.

Here is the PZ3f in work:

pz3f1.jpg

Just started painting it. I can hear the evil dark side of the force music from star wars playing...

pz3f4.jpg

The roadwheels are too big and there should be six of 'em. Great progress otherwise.

There's a lot of random talk in this thread about going into other theatres and fronts. I'd suggest just sticking to one small theatre of combat from the period and making some decent units and missions for that, polish it slightly and then release it. Then consider a different area to go into.

Looking good though, you chaps seem to be progressing well.

The roadwheels are too big and there should be six of 'em. Great progress otherwise.

Yeah, you are correct I did miss a road wheel.  Ooops!  crazy_o.gif

FIXED! Smaller and more:

pz3f5.jpg

yay.gif