Sign in to follow this  
Marccom

Project T-800

The buggers are gunna be hellahard to kill! tounge2.gif

In the novels they can be taken out with one RPG 7 round.

In the films they get taken down with a small IED (and an

industrial metal crusher) or a couple of short bursts from a

phased plasma rifle. Pistols and shotguns* and an exploding

petrol tanker don't do too much damage to them, however.  biggrin_o.gif

* My fave scene in "The Terminator" is in the "Tech Noir"

disco when "Reese" empties his shotgun magazine into the

Terminator...and "it" gets up again...brill!

hmm...

lets try a small explanation:

the t800 is armored with hyperleg metal...whatever "hyperleg" mean in detail.

All kind of armor (also when it made in future) has its limits.

If a single RPG-like weapon can hit through a armorplate f.e. of a tank is depending on the tech and the angle how the bullet head hit on the material. F.e. is a german modern antitank-rocketlauncher with piezzo tech (Panzerfaust 3) easily able to break a T-80 armor with one shot, when hitting in right angle on right place.

A normal light antitank-launcher wont make it.

an armor in major is for resistance against explosives and bullets but it cant minor resist against heavy physical force.

A Tank can sustain very long big caliber MG-Fire, but when two tanks drive with 20kph into each other, some people have some bigger problems and a state a little more higher bill in postbox.

So is it quite realistic that Terminators dont like metal crushers.

Plasma Rifles and Plasma IEDs are ever sold in media as THE future weapons, sequals of thousand year old powdergunbased systems. So is it clear that they have to have readable improvements and advantages. So...what should be in the wishlist in first line what that should be...less sizes, yeah...ähm...less weights, oh yes...öh...cheap and easy ammoproduction, right...hmm...something is still missing...hmm...hmmm....ooh...yeah...i got it...sure....FIREPOWER! more Firepower! we need more firepower.

In "Terminator I" Reese talked about the chances to resist the terminator...to survive. He said something like "...with this weapons, of this time?...i dont know...."

How should some mankind Resistors combat against a horde of Machines like T800, Hunterkillers and pin throwing Waste Cans (not planned as ArmA addon yet)...not with M9 Pistols, i think.

So...it is maybe something like realistic, that a under concrete parts holded, damaged T800 can be killed with 3 to 167 plasma headshots.

So i hope i rescued a bit the image of Terminator story to be highly realistic and oriented as human daily business rofl.gifwink_o.gif

that should be surely the highest prior for my addons, too

I would be great to see these guys take 2 RPG shots before going down... so it should be somewhere near Abrams values? smile_o.gif

Have you managed to get AI soldiers to fire their main weapons at them, though? If I remember correctly some zombie-addons had the problem of too high armor values equalling to the AI considering the zombies as...well...tanks. biggrin_o.gif Which meant they only engaged them with AT weapons, not their rifles. Would be totally boring to see a whole squad of AI just lie on their stomachs getting killed because they didn't want to fire their rifles at the damned thing. smile_o.gif Even though it wouldn't do much damage...

Just a question of ambience!

Nice lookin' otherwise!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Wolfrug: good point there. Infantry should engage it, after all even BMP explodes if riflemen are persistent enough wink_o.gif my team usually shoots at tracks of bmp/shilka, so the "stupid" AI crew panically jumps out and then we kill them off with m203 wink_o.gif

Hi folks,

i will test it again, but i am sure that the four OPFOR groups used their MGs before they got crushed down by the two terminators.

What was interestant:

the AI of the terminators seem to know that theyre strong because instead to take the groups down from distance they ran in the mid of the four groups and striked them down from near.

Otherwise wrong waypoint setting is possible, too

I am sorry that there are no body close combat anims. Would be nice pics to see two terminators kicking the ass of 40 heavy armed Resistors.

@Uziyahu--IDF

Very nice idea...because of the colorsetting the eyes are lighting a bit, but only visible from first 3 to 5 meters.

I will try to inform if lightsetting is possible at man-class.

Are there ArmA-Soldiers with headlamps?

@IceBreakr

I will test it again but i think they can take two RPG hits and saw that AI has problems to make direct hits.

When I played a terminator by myself i got only one time killed by RPG-hit though I was under heavy fire of 5 or more OPFOR-groups.

@all

do somebody know if its possible to define a second NVG while the original will stay. And further if the NVG can be defined in a config.cpp as always on at a single unit.

Its because i have installed the XAM-Mod and like it. That causes that units get blind for a second when hit. So you will realize that a terminator is blind for longer terms when in combat with many enemies.

Define a special NVG would lead to 3 heavy storybased advantages:

1. Terminators would have persistant nightvision capabilities...just like "realistic"

2. over the NVG it would be possible to define the terminatortypical redview

3. NVG blocks the overhead mentioned XAM-hit-effect.

that is the idea.

Greets

Marc

Hi folks,

i wanna tell you that you will have to have some patience yet, cause i have made a dicision.

the shown T800 model was good for learning and testing and for that it was real successfull.

But tough it is maybe not really bad i am not really satisfied and with this first version i realized that a model with 14.000 faces, 10.000 points, 4096x4096 reso tex and 40 to 50MB spaceneedings on harddisk is not really hitting the ArmA- and modern PC performance borders in any kind.

I made tests with putting 40 T800 in one map with other scene play members at highest settings and nothing was recognizable what can produce the idea we are working at borders.

So i come to decision that there is some space in higher direction to make a better model.

In the morning i start to rebuild the Model.

- Made significant changes to the head (worlds more looking like original shape now)

- improved model parts resolution

- insert more detail parts like cabled and pipes

- improved textures

model is at 22.000 points and 27.000 faces now and i began to load textures per UVmapping.

Model is working fine with Bulldozer.

Takes any second more to load the preview, works in all sights at souverain matters.

i will have time to work on the next follwoing days (holiday) and made many experiences about the "know-how", so theres nothing time taking testing. i expect to be quite fast to reach the point i was with first version.

Greets

Marc

the t800 is armored with hyperleg metal...whatever "hyperleg" mean in detail.

Don't you mean "hyper-alloy"?

Reese: "Listen. The Terminator's an infiltration unit. Part man,

part machine. Underneath it's a hyper-alloy combat chassis.

Microprocessor controlled. Fully armoured, very tough.

Outside it's living human tissue. Flesh, skin, hair, blood -

grown for the cyborgs."

Hi,

yes...german word for "alloy" is "Legierung", short "leg".

I forgot to translate that.

With

Quote[/b] ] "...whatever "hyperleg" (right hyper-alloy) mean in detail."

i meant that anywhere is told of what metals that alloy consists in detail. what exactly makes it such resistant.

Hi Marccom,

It's a beatifull creation that you make.

I was busy to update Airwolf AddOn for AA. I think to work on Terminator update in few days.

But you can use texture of the OFP model if you want, for your addOn. They came from pictures of a real terminator, in real size and that you can build (with lot of money I think). You can also take the weapon lod etc...All I make is for every body and for enjoy the community.

About the head, I think that the jaw is not enought large. About the fluidity, do you made different lod with different resolution?

Very nice work Marccom. notworthy.gif

Xavier PETIT

The master himself...cant believe.:o

very welcome here in my thread. thanks for words.

i am working on complete new model with higher reso mesh, new head, cables, and so on.

i am using textures from filmfotos now but i am interested in all kind of usable material. thanks for support.

oh...if somebody has usable pics of a head of a californean politicean...that would be nice too.

Greets

Marc

Would it be possible to see one version of T800 looking like a civilian13 for example? Because when you see Arnold on the street you kinda know what is going on smile_o.gif T800s could then be used in PvP assasination situations and be undercover for most of the time.

Hi,

yes...infiltrator versions of T800 will be possible.

I am planning different versions of various damaged and undamaged T800 Infiltrators and it will be simply possible to hide a T800 under a BI-skin...it is only necessary to pushup arm- and bustmuscles a bit (just like original story) and to update the UV-filter (when damaged and T800Exo-parts are visible.

At the moment i have lot of work to finish the 2nd improved T800-Exo-Version (some hidden parts not implemented in animation) and with the mesh of the undamaged T800 Model 101 (Arnie). The leatherjacket has some 3D-details like collar, pockets and so on and arnies typical face is not easy to hit though i am using some phototextures...quite difficult.

Maybe i should finish the Exo first instead of dancing on two parties same time.

Greets

Marc

A pic of the improved T800 Exo just for you to see what im working on yet.

T800+new+1.JPG

Still have to finish the anims.

Not easy at the moment cause my ARMA has big stability probs since i installed ECS...dont know the reason, but nearly none of my own test addons works in ARMA yet but did before and are still working fine in buldozer sad_o.gif

Greets

Marc

hi,

ok...shadow fixed...but if someone is expecting a detailed shadow of the T800-Exo...mööööp....not really.

Tried that...you cant imagine in what kind of performance eating it is. So i only fixed the size and form of the shadow body. that must be enough.

ok...today i will fix some texture failures and will make some other little improvements...then its time for a weapon and after that lets see if we can make a first beta xmas_o.gif

Greets

Marc

To me, it looks like the shoulders, shins and lower arms, hands and feet need to be alot beefier, but that's just me. Would there be a way to give them custom animations, too, so they can only walk and stand upright, in the badass manner in which they do in the intro to T3?

EDIT: Just for clarity, I mean they shouldn't be animated like the humans, they should walk as if they're fearless, and not be able to crouch, go prone or run, and if possible, hold the pulse rifle one-handed.

No, in my opinion nothing of that is right, sorry.;)

all parts are sized that the T800-Exo can be hidden in a soldier with some muscles (example will follow...just working on Infiltrator versions)

Take a longer look at pictures and figures of blank T800...they re definetly NOT looking very strong.

In Terminator story T800 are developed by skynet to infiltrate and take out resistance units. they should look, smell, feel and just move like human. So it is at last "more right" that they have anims like normal soldiers...and i made already many tests...anims are not sooo bad. further i think that there is no possibility to make them shoot from the hip...so forgot Terminator film scenes...very strictly speaking they have more failures as goodies though theyre looking cool.

Greets

Marc

Completly right with Marccom. The T800 must move like a human. It's his main. It is only stronger than a human.

Very nice work. I wait impatiently the time when we could try it.

Greating.

Xavier wink_o.gif

Hi,

during improving some details of texture and anims i just took a look at the T3 Intro biggrin_o.gif

When looking at the scenes it is detectable that the T800s are not really moving so strange robotlike. theyre walking humanlike but only some kind of slow walking and ambling...one of them is kicking away some concrete rests and so on. i think the ARMA anims are ok so far...no problem to think of too long.

Greets

Marc

This thing is looking much more proportional than when you started. Excellent improvment.

I would try to eliminate the glint on the texture itself, especially on the skull, and try to accomplish this effect in specular maps and / or environmental reflection maps.