Sign in to follow this  
Marccom

Project T-800

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hi,

no i haven't...only a folder named "roads"

Just dePBO the data.pbo file

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns\data.pbo.

Crop it in your P:\CA\ folder and you are laughing.

Hi,

it's the ca.pbo...found. thanks.

Will test it in evening.

awesome!!! Can't wait to see this terminator chromed up for real! thumbs-up.gif btw have you got any weapon for it? how much dammage can it take? Imo it should at least take a At4 shoot to kill it. smile_o.gif

Hi,

thanks a lot. I will work on this this evening (chrome).

The weapon isnt made yet. maybe someone has a good idea. should be something like laser- or plasmaweapon.

the configuration i will make after the model is perfect. had already read some tutors about that.

Any question that the T800 have to be strong...not undestroyable...but strong. We will see.

I remember the first versions of XPETITS T800 for OFP. they were bulletproof but fell down by one easy grenade...later he fixed that. i think it will cost some work to have a perfect tuning compromise.

...but step by step

The weapon isnt made yet. maybe someone has a good idea. should be something like laser- or plasmaweapon.

"40 watt phased plasma rifle" as used in "Terminator 2: Judgement Day":

pic1

pic2

sweet? crazy_o.gif

A word to the suggested weapon:

thats the thing that i mean. I've seen a addon with plasma weapon effects...something like a science fiction transformable jet.

when its time to make the weapon i will talk with addonmaker about that.

Otherwise, if someone is fancy to make such a weapon..feel free.

ok...i will do some tests with detail textures now...hope will work.

further i realized a little mistake: the round eye bodys are chromated outside.

c u later smile_o.gif

Hi,

that is XPETIT'S (Xavier Petit) T800 for OFP, right.

Nice thing...man i had fun with it.

I hoped all the time he will do it for ARMA again, before i decide to make one by myself but his Airwolf (nice, too) was more important, i guess.

But stay tuned I am still working on my version. Textures need much work. Had done some versions but not perfect enough...i am making some new. Before I tried to design some but i guess now that plugging from pics is much better.

Hope will give some updates soon.

Greets

Marc

Ok,

here i am...textures are done. Hope you like it. Model got some or many changes, too.

Time to make the config. icon_rolleyes.gif

T800+10+Bulldozer+tex.JPG

As always all kind of comment is wanted.

Stay tuned....

Greets

Marc

P.S. Thanks for taking my project in news on armed-assault.de...i am very pleased.

But some corrections:

I am not waiting for some kind of permission. All parts i used as base are official granted for non-comercial use. Further the changes are so heavy that my T800 is not looking as any else T800 you can find in www.

Nevertheless i wanna thank again James Murphy and Marek Paterczyk for bases, ideas and impressions.

Me again,

made some changes (Textures improved and set to 4096x4096)

picture combo

Made some experiments with Configs (model.cfg and config.cpp) but was not really successfull right now.

Will try further on following days.

Looking good, definitely will be a must have for the sci-fi lovers. It'll be fun to see human vs machine war. Any chance for new "future" weapons or something for these mean machines to use? tounge2.gif

Thanks a lot.

I think there will be a future weapon. I sawan addon jet with plasmalike shooting...so its possible.

Greets

Oh great, just great!!! I had so much pleasure in playing OFP with the T-800. I never thought it would be converted to ArmA. Great news indeed, and thank you for your work biggrin_o.gif

ähäh...is not converted.

and slowly i begin to regret this project.

damm...what a work to get this animations usable and yesterday i had the crazy idea to update the whole Model for a special manner (no no...that will not be given away now...maybe later whistle.gif ).

But a dumb question: Is it possible at ArmA Soldiers, too to change the mesh when under fire?

Greets

Marc

haha that is looking cool! Good work.

Cant he use a minigun? Would be cool and maybe 2 miniguns, 1 in each hand! Big guns for a big guy! pistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Keep it up!

Awesome. Now give them Plasma guns! biggrin_o.gif

(Then someone make techcom soldiers and big terminator tanks) wink_o.gif

all on the way biggrin_o.gif

that will end in a big bad mod  whistle.gif

I am searching for some pics of a american politician...but i cant remember his name rofl.gif

Some techinfos to the both guys above:

the one on the first two pix is only for testing...its an updated BISoldier with a T800-Skeleton in it an some deleted mesh parts (so skeleton is shining through in 3D...that arent simple textures). But it had some failures (not visible on screens) that are and will be fixed.

the last pic is showing the actual version of the blank T800-skeleton (hard to detect so i am mentioning that  biggrin_o.gif )

Against the first versions, all parts of the model are updated for possibility to hide the skeleton in a muscoulus (BI)Soldier. So the pure skeleton is not looking so strong anymore like first versions. But when you take a look on skeleton versions in film and toy models and so on, you will realize that that is oriented on the originel terminator story.

With both (Test-Hunters and Infiltrators) I made some performace tests with 30 T800 and more excluding all other scenery members on Sahrani and Rahmadi: NO VISIBLE PROBLEMS (on E6750 Dual Core 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM and NVidia 8600GT)

Both Models has improved armor of 1000 points (in comparison f.e. T-72 = 900) but with standard body balance, that means that the T800 is little more sensitive at some parts...f.e. the head.

He takes easily some Vulcan fire on body for a while (very nice looking like he gets throwing through the air by hitting bullets and continues running after getting back on ground) but direct headshots from heavyMG or SniperGun will straight him down appreciable sooner.

After sending two of them terminating 40 Specnaz, i shot them down backwarts with a pistol  tounge2.gif

Direct hits from heavy guns (tanks etc) he takes two/three/four but remember that he is hardly to hit with the small soldierlike signature, otherwise in heavy war with debited armor one precise shot can be enough.

Grenades are not complete tested out yet.

I think so it is still "realistic" enough to hold the way open for thrilling combats with resistance soldiers when they'll be fighting for the right to live  wink_o.gif

I am planning to make more models of terminator storyboard...maybe a whole mod. we'll see.

Now i want to make some improvements first. T800 Skeleton is needing some better textures and still had little failures in animation bones.

After that i want to work out a idea how a ResitanceSoldier should look alike to directly go on to finish the T800 Infiltrator (first pix).

At the end it is clear that all the nice Terminators will be on the evil side. So it is necessary that the Resistance get some strong backup. I dont know if you know who i mean but so much....he likes black sunglasses, big bikes, sawed shotguns and is interested in exhaust fumes in a nice small american state.

Not very helpful, i know, but you'll see when ready  biggrin_o.gif

Greets

Marc

The buggers are gunna be hellahard to kill! tounge2.gif

Nice work so far, I'll be downloading when its done for sure biggrin_o.gif