Sign in to follow this  
hamis

Hamis sound mod

-Ak sounds are same,as they should be

-I didn't add mp5 for my mod

-SVD sound has echo,it's been video'd in finnish army "shooting hut",i tried it without echo but like it more like this

-M16 and M4 sounds are NOT same

-i'll check

-M107 sound is real and unedited M82(predecessor of M107) barret sound

-i'll check

-i didn't touch m1a1 sound,nor any gun sounds.Maybe your using smurf T72 which has my engine sound

-i'll check

-so?

-not easy to correct

Well,ModEmaik,Robert Hammer or somebody i need some help.I can't change rof for these weapons for some reason.Realistic rof for M4 is:"reloadTime = 0.071;".I have tried even 0.41 but it has no effect. help.gif

-so?

AK 47 / 74 doesnt have burst. Semi or fullauto only.

-so?

AK 47 / 74 doesnt have burst. Semi or fullauto only.

IAs have burst on ak-74 for gameplay purpose i guess. Thus, ak-74 have burst in config but they have a parameter which is ShowToPlayer set to 0, then, the burst mode on ak-74 can not be seen and used by human player.

The problem is if you do not set in your sound config a burst entry for ak-74, it will play default sound.

About burst (either M4 or ak-74), you do not need sound files especially made for burst, you can use a single shot, but in the config of the sound, you set SoundBurst to 0, therefore, the sound will be played three times and it will perfectly match to rate of fire.

Example code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class AK74 : Rifle {

drySound[] = {"whatever", "db-90", 1};

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"whatever", "db-85", 1};

class Single : Mode_SemiAuto {

sound[] = {"whatever", "db+0", 1};

};

class Burst : Mode_Burst {

showToPlayer = false;

soundBurst = 0;

};

class FullAuto : Mode_FullAuto {

};

};

Thank's Yeb.Now it works better.Removed burst mode from AK's,refined burst and reload sounds for M4 and M16 and rof for g36 burst mode,fixed missing M16a4 sound.I hope this is bugfree now.Please update mirrors.Here is rs link:

Hamis_sound_v6

And here is version with burst mode for ak's:

Hamis_sound_v6_ak_burstxmas_o.gif

Hamis sound mod v6:

- At M4S/M4A1s the crosshair doesnt move, means accurate like fuck, wtf??

- The G36's sound REALLY needs to be imporved, and there is no burst in G36A

- When you shoot the SVD it sounds like you shoot 2 times

- AK74/AKS-74U have same sound

- M16A4 sound needs to be improved, no echo/ego when you shoot

- SPR Mk12 sound should be much louder

Thats all i think, positive stuff:

I really like the sound of the AK's, good work! M24 also has some nice sound... keep working on it and i will use this :P

Sound mod CAN NOT cause cursor problems.I don't find any echo problem,so some other mod must be responsible for that.But now i have new sounds for AKS74U and AKS74UN.Also removed burst mode for G36A.

Hamis_sound_v7

I just tested your sound mod v7 without any mods running.

And from what i saw, by all M4/M4A1s (Except RCO M4A1 M203 and M4 M203) the cursor not moving is because of YOUR SOUND MOD somehow (I really didnt run ANY mods)

Then i tried it without your sound mod, and the cursor did move. I dunno if you did do something with the config or something, but it is because of your sound mod so check really good.

The AKS74U and AKS74UN have same sound. AND, the cursor doesnt move by the AKS74UN. And same for the AK74 PSO, cursor doesnt move.

The AK47 has burst. Same for the AKS74U, AK74 with GL, and AK74 PSO. Fix that please.

There is nothing in my mod that could cause your problems,and nobody else have reported any problems.You don't have any mods,but what about community addons?Maybe someone could take a look into config?Anyway here is version with AK related stuff corrected:

Hamis_sound_v8

And from what i saw, by all M4/M4A1s (Except RCO M4A1 M203 and M4 M203) the cursor not moving is because of YOUR SOUND MOD somehow (I really didnt run ANY mods)

Then i tried it without your sound mod, and the cursor did move. I dunno if you did do something with the config or something, but it is because of your sound mod so check really good.

The AKS74U and AKS74UN have same sound. AND, the cursor doesnt move by the AKS74UN. And same for the AK74 PSO, cursor doesnt move.

The AK47 has burst. Same for the AKS74U, AK74 with GL, and AK74 PSO. Fix that please.

I've tried v6, v7 and v8 with just plain vanilla ArmA and the cursor is visible for every single weapon. I don't see how this Sound Mod could remove the cursors. Double check the main AddOns folder in the Main ArmA directory to make sure you only the vanilla ArmA .pbo files are present. Check the contents of this folder with the Biki page that lists the original ArmA .pbo's.

What version of ArmA are you currently using? v1.14 I presume.

I've tried v6, v7 and v8 with just plain vanilla ArmA and the cursor is visible for every single weapon. I don't see how this Sound Mod could remove the cursors. Double check the main AddOns folder in the Main ArmA directory to make sure you only the vanilla ArmA .pbo files are present. Check the contents of this folder with the Biki page that lists the original ArmA .pbo's.

What version of ArmA are you currently using? v1.14 I presume.

I am using just plain arma, and patch 1.14 with all normal arma addons. And it doesnt remove the cursor, but the cursor doesnt move, means its accurate like fuck. :S Well im gonna try ur v8 now

Could someone make little video with these voices, I rly dont have time this week to test this and I would love a vid smile_o.gif

Heya mate,

Congrats on the release! I guess I'm alittle late with that but been alittle busy myself. Do you have any video's or mp3's of this in action, I would love to hear it all mixed together in a firefight...I mean you could say, well download it, but speaking as someone who knows alittle about this stuff I'd say some kinda media wouldn't hurt would it, it didn't turn out bad for my stuff so maybe look into it ?

Anyways keep up the good work mate, good luck for the future!

Regards

Mark XIII

Well,thank's for comments.I'd appreciate if someone could make video,i don't have any experience about that kind of stuff. wink_o.gif

Well,time for an update again.Added M2 machinegun,M119,M256,D81 and D30 tank cannons.

Hamis_sound_v10.