Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact announces 3D Editor & more

Sure it does! the switching between editor and ingame is history ....what u see is what u get smile_o.gif

And Lester created walls with and without slope placement mode.

Modified is a better word i think. whistle.gif

But don't be to euphoric ... it's actual unfortunately not possible to see all things created to 100% like ingame if placed in the WRP file.

so i would prefer the slogan:

what u see is mostly what u get huh.gif

(the possibility to build anything like island placed would be a fine thing)

But that would be a nice feature for ArmA2, plus a activated viewmode switching of other LODs for the 'community developers'.

Dialog definitions for the last thing are in ArmA since the beginning and it would help to build better addons.

'Cheatprotection' isn't an explanation to deactivate it, it could be automatical deactivated when in MP !

Overall i think it shows a way how to build a more userfriendly 'Islandtool' and more.

I think that BIS should spend more time in better/easier handling overall saves a lot of time and get the same/better result.

And also ... by the way ...

... Dialogs must not have a ugly outfit to be functional, that's a fact Silola shows in every of his projects ! wink_o.gif

Either way, it sounds very interesting to me, and I look forward to the first release to try it out and see what help it may bring to my current project smile_o.gif Of course usage = credit in mission smile_o.gif

Im going to ask this because I am confused a bit here -

Is this addon/mod usable for editor placeable objects in a mission project on a loaded map in game -

Or is this only for Wrp, new worlds/maps -

I had assumed this was universal, and thought it could be used to micro manage objects in a mission, but now looking at posts here, I think I might have been wrong and this is for new maps only -

Special Ed, the 3DE ist not for new maps only.

You can also generate a SQF-script from your project.

then u have only to copy this script into your mission folder

and start the script at the beginning of your mission (or later)...thats all wink_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

Special Ed, the 3DE ist not for new maps only.

You can also generate a SQF-script from your project.

then u have only to copy this script into your mission folder

and start the script at the beginning of your mission (or later)...thats all wink_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

Thanks Silola smile_o.gif

That is quite interesting, and only confirms by what you have described that this has been a huge complex system incorporated to be able to end up with an sqf that modifies objects that are inputted in that sqf -

I hope to try this out, and of course full credit for usage will be given in mission credits if used smile_o.gif

Thank you all for your hard work too, I can only imagine the effort here .. (alot? tounge2.gif)

Man, I can't WAIT for this mod to be released. This is gonna rock my socks off for sure! I'm sure this has been asked before, is there an ETA on this mod? At all?

Wow the video was amazing! I guess you had your grade in vector calculus already biggrin_o.gif

One thing Im curious about, how laggy does the game get when you place that many objects? Especially now when its so easy to duplicate stuff.

Simple

If you build a high detailed place it would be more laggy like a desert with 3 stones in it.

While placing there is no lag because you are normaly zommed in near to the objects.

I only can say i do all this things with triple head 3840x1024 and there are other islands in the past time we should not talk about "laggynes"

The question is WHEN ? Because I've stop all my project with Visitor 3 for waiting that wonderfull tool. Could we expect a realease during July ?

The question is  WHEN ? Because I've stop all my project with Visitor 3 for waiting that wonderfull tool. Could we expect a realease during July ?

It will be released when its finished. \o/

Hi smile_o.gif

Below, some facts:

The editor is 90% completed

The island is about 75% completed

The MAP_EU is about 90% completed

The german readme is 15% completed

The english readme is 0% completed

If everything goes according to our plan, a release in August should be possible smile_o.gif

In the meantime, we can show u some new pics from our 3DE island ... If you want.

Greeting

Silola

puh i am sooooooo happy that Silola didn´t tell something about witch year of august rofl.gif

Well,i did read every post of this topic but couldn't find out if original arma maps could be edited with your editor?

Well,i did read every post of this topic but couldn't find out if original arma maps could be edited with your editor?

Only if you have them in a Visitor-editable format... huh.gif

Hi,

there is a map called "SampleMap" by BIS (this island is Rhamadi). In principle, you can completely rebuild this island.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=67834

In order to test the possibilities, this island is certainly a good choice.

Greeting

Silola

ps:We can start a competition >>> Who builds the best Rhamadi biggrin_o.gif

Wow that truly looks amazing, i will be making missions for that bad boy island, even a campaign. yay.gif

In terms of size ranging from say Ramhadi/South Sarhani etc how big is your island going to be?

The map will be approximately 6km sq.

3de02.jpg

spotted something in the deep forrest smile_o.gif

3de01.jpg

Very good screens ! A very important question: Does custom addons (buildings, custom vegetation, bridges...) could be incorporated in the 3D editor (and optionaly, will it be very complicated to do ?) ?

Quote[/b] ]Very good screens ! A very important question: Does custom addons (buildings, custom vegetation, bridges...) could be incorporated in the 3D editor (and optionaly, will it be very complicated to do ?) ?

The 3deditor detecs any addon/mod that is loaded and if the addon has a propper config, u can use it smile_o.gif

We hope that new addons or older ones would use our system icons naming etc. help.gif

Lester does a great job splitting thing into categories.

*** With a 3DE for Arma2 we all together build a real big library welcome.gif

If not addons or addons are to old it should also be listed in a seperatet Group.

Berghoffs african trees as sample, are only for visitor so 3DE couldn´t catch them :-(

It´s really funny to test things directly place the immediatly into a scene.

So for the future every addon should be Editor "placeable" so 3DE can detect it.

*** If BIS gives us the chance and Silola does not retire notworthy.gif

The map will be approximately 6km sq.

so the map has 10240x10240 terrain (sat_lco) image?