Sign in to follow this  
modemmaik

SmurfC T72A ERA upgrade "style"

Nice, I like new camo notworthy.gif But that sophisticated for more players, and not realistic whistle.gif

Actually, how be with ERA on turent or front??? Or you working with this? wink_o.gif

In my eyes, this model has a great future inlove.gif

p.s. sry for my english... whistle.gif

Hi Marijus,

actually I understand you better than some origin english speakers I communicate with biggrin_o.gif

Rahter busy times at the moment. We started to implement a BMP-T by using a 2-turret Stryker as prototype. So whenever I need some time to relax, I will return to the ERA "style" project.

I just discovered, that no actual open source addon includes random numbering, also the tank implementations lack "shell casing ejection" (but implemented in some rifle projets), so I think those may be the next tasks for this project.

I recently checked some OFP addons to be used as some kind of model guide, but that may take some some to implement. I wish that someone else might do this job, using the ERA "style". whistle.gif

Thanks and Best Regards,

mike

modEmMaik,In model there are fine defects, which I one of these days shall correct, for one and model a little to improve I shall try, your help most likely is required...

modEmMaik,In model there are fine defects, which I one of these days shall correct, for one and model a little to improve I shall try, your help most likely is required...

I will try to do my best to support you xmas_o.gif

Yep, I detected some issues in the models surfaces, but I decided not to fix them, because they are also in the original BI sample (LOD5 turret definition, some parts of the shadow LOD etc.).

Any modification is welcome notworthy.gif

modEmMaik,At me problems with wheels, has made new, it is necessary that they worked as it is necessary, can make?

That I could further continue...

deea39beb6c9.jpg

4166e6189e69.jpg

33329b24fe78.jpg

@343rdBadger: Great Job, I will try this asap thumbs-up.gif

@(A.T.R.F.): Do the whells bounce this way, like in the last pic?

It seems to me, that the wheels are not included in the correct sections (KoloL1..KoloP1).

Those sections define the elements of the bones, which get animated ingame (wheel-tuning, damers etc.). Check those sections in the original ERA .p3d to see, in which sections the wheels are included.

I hope to see your next version soon xmas_o.gif

Beautifull thumbs-up.gif

You may find various helpfull thread within this forum.

Additional infos for textures and and additional related stuff, I located this Link plus this extremely helpfull.

Linker Split, Relliki, Vilas and all the others are top-notch when it comes to make an addon look like a beauty.

BR,

mike

Desert skin looks good Badger. Could you possibly include (or post separately) one without numbers which we might use as a base if adding our own numbers/markings?

@343rdBadger: Yeah, the lion's head looks pretty cool smile_o.gif

Just as a wish from my side, may you upload a tga-File including the numbers from 0-9. This can be used as base for complete random numbering like included in the RHS T-64 MBT pack. I just miss the hang how to apply a transparent texture area just like the clantag... Woudn't that be cool?

I found some intersting ideas in old OFP addons. wow_o.gif

@Defunct: Did you have the same idea?

:edit: Lion, Bear, Wolf wow_o.gifinlove.gif

Yes. Have assembled the various released skins into a single pbo selectable via your/Mateck's textures.sqf. Figured if numbers are to be added they should be dynamic given a suitable script's already in place.

Tell me (anybody), isn't this 'ERA Style' T-72A essentially, at least outwardly, equivalent to a T-90?

Yes. Have assembled the various released skins into a single pbo selectable via your/Mateck's textures.sqf. Figured if numbers are to be added they should be dynamic given a suitable script's already in place.

Tell me (anybody), isn't this 'ERA Style' T-72A essentially, at least outwardly, equivalent to a T-90?

Well, I used the WGL-armor equivalent to a T-80UM (thoseof a T-90 are higher). But I have not include T-80UM ammunition loadout (wgl def. includes ATGM, 3BM44M (APFSDS), 3BK29M (HEAT), 3OF26 (HE)).

The CAVS page or OFP-WGL config might show you armor, ammunition, speed etc. for a T-90 equivalent. Those numbers work pretty good in ArmA (although the BI T-72 seems bit over-armored, also the HEAT shell).

But before releasing an addon including WGL-based data, please check Sig [uSMC] for permission (ACE is the designated successor of OFP's WGL), because it took ages to fine-tune those values.

inlove.gif

So when it push comes to shovel between a M1 variant and a T-90/T-80, the ammunition seems to me to be a bigger factor than the armor / structural values. You will notice that, when ACE is released.

notworthy.gif

btw.: I have finally discovered how to make a texture partial transparent. Using this info, random numbers should soon be implemented. Only need to the model is to add areas, where the numbers should be placed and define a section (e.g. num1..3). Adding those sections to the hiddenSections, those areas can be replaced using 0..9 numbers in textures by the textures.sqf function, just like the custom textures in a mission

xmas_o.gif

I was just thinking that a T-90 might be more useful in the overall scheme of things given the game already has a T-72 and Mateck et.al are about to release another.

Has made on the basis of green colour, deserted with higher detailed elaboration...

And new 125mm main gun. smile_o.gif

83d00ce3d184.jpg

Well,would it be possible to make random numbering so we could choose some characteristics?I mean placing (middle or front of fender) size and colour of numbers. huh.gif

I was just thinking that a T-90 might be more useful in the overall scheme of things given the game already has a T-72 and Mateck et.al are about to release another.

@Defunkt: You may check the OFP-ORCS T80/90 variants to detect the differences on the turret / base to a T-72.

@343rdBadger: Well done, I like your work. That's realy what I call a woodland camo. May be we should add a GPS finder, else those tanks get lost in the woods smile_o.gif

@(A.T.R.F.): It turns out to be a real beauty. This main gun looks realy dangerous yay.gif

@hamis: I recently figured out, how numbering can be implemented (see Posted on June 25 2008,00:39). But I am havin' trouble to generate those textures, because Paint.NET does not support alpha channel manipulations. The rest is just like the already included multi skin support

whistle.gif

:edit: I located a thread about alpha channel and Paint.NET, so creation of a partial transparent texture should be possible, unsing this plugin

xmas_o.gif

ow come on, don't use addons to show what's wrong with other addons rofl.gif

ow come on, don't use addons to show what's wrong with other addons rofl.gif

biggrin_o.gif

But I regard the ORCS OFP tank models as absolutely top noch look and ammo loadout, includes 99.9999% tested on the OFP platform.

Also the Sebastian Muller's (PSC) BTR-T is still unbeaten. Plus it includes spinning turret, random numbering and shell ejection animation.

That's not comparing, thats praying notworthy.gif

I'm no authority but the little I've read (okay, on Wikipedia) suggests that the T-90 is basically a T-72 hull/turret w. Kontakt-5 ERA only borrowing gun and fire control from the (T-64 evolved) T-80.

T-90 is based on T-72BM plus some features from T-80. Don't forget about the low silhouette, passive and active defenses, the Refleks missile system against ground and air threats, ERA bricks on the turret roof against top-level attack. There are different variants - T-90S seem to be the latest. Another concept was to develop those tanks with 150mm main gun.

modEmMaik don't get confused:

BTR-T is an (heavy) infantry combat vehicle.

BMP-T is an tank support fighting vehicle. (new development)

wink_o.gif

Thanks NoRailGunner smile_o.gif

I was just collecting the info you posted biggrin_o.gif

So I think, that's what is needed to be modified in the model to call it T-90 looking whistle.gif

And, yes. My fav. beauty is the Sebastian Muller's BTR-T. inlove.gif