Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Will you guys consider doing you awesome textures in woodland green after you have finished everthing else. Just Wondering :)

Great Job on the stuff guys ;)

Will you guys consider doing you awesome textures in woodland green after you have finished everthing else. Just Wondering :)

Great Job on the stuff guys ;)

Not sure i understand yoru question. The mountain troops are in woodland BDUs.

I kept the short sleeves in order to maintain consitency thru the MOD.

Thanks for all the reports fellas i hope to release an updated file of the troops this weekend as well as the repaired M113s, and armored pack.

The mohawk will be upgunned in the future. right now i jsut wanted to get it out there to be used with out the errors. I know the issue with the props. I have already begun fixing the model with propper proxys for the rotors. but i ahve alot of other work to do now. Plus with arma2 coming out in a couple weeks i am really losing motivation for the project as i know alot of people will not even be using arma1 let alone Project RACS anymore.

I'm sure plenty of folks will still be using ARMA and PRACS for the foreseeable future, like you say, not everyone can afford to upgrade hardware to support Arma2.............

:bounce3:

Not sure i understand yoru question.

Sorry, i meant vehicles. I know there is woodland M113, M163 and 4X4s. Just wondered if you were going to look at doing your other awsome vehicle textures in woodland green, like the truck pack, or some of the aircraft?

Sorry, i meant vehicles. I know there is woodland M113, M163 and 4X4s. Just wondered if you were going to look at doing your other awsome vehicle textures in woodland green, like the truck pack, or some of the aircraft?

Honestly that never really crossed my mind. Does not really seem to fit the bill of the RACS.

another note on the mohawk.... the reason i have not upgunned it yet is i am playing with a script to make a functional BLU97..... a mine dispenser....

I want to be able to lay minefields from the air.

Honestly that never really crossed my mind. Does not really seem to fit the bill of the RACS.

Just a thought consider about 85% of Sahrani is woodland :p But yeah, would love to see some vehicles and aircraft in woodland camo ;)

Edited by Schancky

I want to be able to lay minefields from the air.

Don't we all?

There will be plenty of people who will continuing playing ARMA after ARMA 2 because we don't want (or can't afford) to upgrade to its standards.

wld have you guys thought about making an Ampibious Assault Vehicle for the RACS marines. I know you guys have made the M113 but that is meant to only be able to operate in streams or lakes. But if you already have to much to deal with i understand completely.

Edited by JGreenwell

I seem to get a CTD from the ZU-23. It only happens when im the gunner or commander. When the AI is on it its fine.

@greenwell....

well to answer 2 of your questions the marines will have thier own custom cammo on a couple of the LAVs thanks to help from TSCPlage. I am also working on a small landing craft\boat for them. I really do not wnat to get into making a whole new faction though. It would take a lot of time and effort to fill a marine order of battle when i cant even get the damn army done lol

is there any info in your rpt about that crash? i dontn get it on my machine. does it happen when yous tart the mission as the gunner or when you get into it. please give me some more info so i can track it down.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

a recent spy photo from the Sahrani Military Indistries test site on Rahmadi.......

missileset.jpg

Its based on a stretched version of our M250 chassis. I have not named it yet or anything. right now i am calling it the S-620... I intend for it to counter the Scud or Scarab\Frog missile types.

I want to make it conventional for now. I dont think there is much need for a nuclear version.

I m using modified versions of gigans scripts to work this baby. I still have some issues with them. If anyone can help please get in touch with me.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

I understand about the marines its PRACS, not PRSMC. I think its amazing how you pretty much have created a small authentic military from scratch.

About the ZU-23, the crashes only happen when i insert the unit with me as gunner or commander. If use the moveingunner command it works fine. (If i use the moveincommander script it doesnt ctd but i go to a strange view and the only way i can get rid of it is if i end the mission.)

Check the website there are a bunch of updates released...

M113 pack

F-16... new version, added pilot....

Regulars, Added groups, fixed issues, added CTU and recon troops

Great job! Just been lookin at a C-130 for arma and came across the USEC C-130. You got any permissions to make a RACS texture for it? Would love to see that :)

Great job! Just been lookin at a C-130 for arma and came across the USEC C-130. You got any permissions to make a RACS texture for it? Would love to see that :)

get a hold of the guy and get me permissions for it and i would be glad to do it.

a recent spy photo from the Sahrani Military Indistries test site on Rahmadi.......

missileset.jpg

Its based on a stretched version of our M250 chassis. I have not named it yet or anything. right now i am calling it the S-620... I intend for it to counter the Scud or Scarab\Frog missile types.

I want to make it conventional for now. I dont think there is much need for a nuclear version.

I m using modified versions of gigans scripts to work this baby. I still have some issues with them. If anyone can help please get in touch with me.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

Awesome vehicle :)

I can help you for a ballistic missile system.

Just noticed the updated car pack and M109 on the website. Nice job wld427 :)

Just noticed the updated car pack and M109 on the website. Nice job wld427 :)

take a look at the complete thread anythime you are looking for info on releases :bounce3:

hey i was just looking through armaholic a while ago. and Saw a F4 phantom addon. from are good friend southy. maybe Project RAcs could politely ask him if ya guys can use it. "^_^

:yay:also since it looks like some other arma 1 addons can be used on arma 2 with some very minor tweaking maybe racs addons can be forwarded to the arma 2 front as well

Honestly i will not make any mod that does not go well with the original story line of any game. The RACS were well engrained in ArmaI so it made sense to pump up thier hardware abilities.

I will not take project RACS to ArmaII.

EXCEPT for a small peacekeeping type force. people tried bringing the Nogova concept to ArmaI back in the day and they flopped. Fictional armies in ArmaI flopped. So unless it fits the story line for the game people dont seem to want to download it. That puts me in in a dilema i am in now. Ive spent all this time making all this stuff and it seems there really are not alot of people who play with it. yes we have our many loyal fans but for the most part none of it gets used regularly. If it did there would be more pictures, more missions, a campaign, and just plain old more interest in the mod.

Truly though... tell me where the F-4 would fit into the order of battle that is not already covered by the planes we have? Ya know the other dy i spent the whole day working on the A-4. Then that night i realized... what the hell am i doing. There was no room for it as well. it woudl have just been eye candy. If i make any other planes for the RACS it would be a B57 Canberra for a bomber. Thats a realy big if too. its the only role left unfilled by the RSAF. I think we made the Royal Sahrani Airforce powerful enough. It has a very well developed order of battle. There is just no room for more planes. No need for them either. We still have several holes in the ground forces that never got plugged.

Im still having trouble deciding what side i want to mod for in A2. It seems there is no western oriented side besides the USMC (eddie makes barfing noise right now) and honestly i prefer to build and army exactly like the RACS. Western euro\US\anyones hardware. The RACS gave us the ability to run with our imaginantions. We took a rag tag force who had an APC and a jeep in the game and turned them into an entire army. i was very proud of that. Although Project RACS was successful, its time to move on. They just realistically do not belong in A2.

Edited by wld427

wld427,

Thank you for all the hard work you put into building these mods for the RACs. I have had a alot of fun building missions using your PRACs units. I especially appreciae your variety of infantry regulars that have allowed for a wide range of dynamics in missions.

I am only now learning how to make missions and all how to really use all the editor's features. But I am having a great time with. Thanks again.

You can easily port A1 content to A2.

Most popular themes will be available again. So why not RACS?

Hi Eddie,

I've had Arma2 since launch and it is a bit different from a conversion point of view but nothing as hard as OFP to arma1.

With Myke's weapon system for aircraft loadouts you can drasticly reduce the size of addons as in most cases only one P3D is needed.

If you decide to move Racs forward to arma2 I'm more than willing to give a hand where I can.

I think the most important thing to remember is that arma1 island will be ported to arma2 and from my own experience the frame rate inceases are amazing.

Effectively we could have arma1 fully in arma2 and running at fps we could only dream of.

Any way give me a shout if you want/need anything.

Southy

With Myke's weapon system for aircraft loadouts you can drasticly reduce the size of addons as in most cases only one P3D is needed.

My IAWS project has in general nothing to do with this. It just uses the new ArmA 2 feature that proxy weapons are showed correctly, no matter what proxy model was defined in the p3d. But it reduces indeed general addon size since it doesn't need to have a unique p3d for each texture and weapon loadout variant.

As example, the next update of the F-16C will include 20 different Planes. ç camo schemes and 5 different weapon loadouts. Back in ArmA 1, this would have meant that there would be 20 p3d's needed, now it is only one.