Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

i dont get the M-4 joke lmao

what about a MIG-29? a addon of it was released a while back

im sure it can carry some sort of anti-ship weapon

OFP was chockablock with M4 packs and releases. It's rather poignant to the older members here Like myself and Imshi.

Indeed, you couldn't move for all those M4's lol

rofl.gif

It's nice that P.RACS are release a lot of things that are different, or hardly seen before...........

Keep up the great work guys, can't wait to see more of your stuff.

notworthy.gif

When you mention the Mig-23 for ground attack, are you thinking of the Mig-27?  They are basically the same plane, the Mig-27 is the ground attack version.

Indeed GDmast is right, the Mig-23 has a conical nose, where by the Ground attack Mig-27 has a duck bill nose!

@ helping_hand i get ya know lol i know hoe much m-4 packs their were

When you mention the Mig-23 for ground attack, are you thinking of the Mig-27?  They are basically the same plane, the Mig-27 is the ground attack version.

no we didnt do the MiG27....Just stuck with the MiG23 versions capable of ground attack.

During Afghan war (1979-1989) MiG-23s were often used for ground attack missions (mostly using free-fall or cluster bombs). And they did this work successfully.

Puma update headed your way in the next couple days:

We added a naval Attack version with SeaSkuas, Gunship version with Spike_ER ATGM, as well as improved optics for gunners and optic zoom at the WSO position.

PRACS-Pumaupdate-1.jpg

PRACS-Pumaupdate-2.jpg

PRACS-Pumaupdate-4.jpg

PRACS-Pumaupdate-8.jpg

PRACS-Pumaupdate-5.jpg

Really love what you've done with the Puma! Good choice of weapons systems, very believable. It just suits the RACS (and any similar fictional force) perfectly.

Agreed! I particularly favor the gunship version as it's quite a hefty piece to bring into a conflict!

looking good guys

maybe add 4 sea skuas on the sea puma instead of ffar

Naval Puma would really fire Exocet no?

080368.jpg

Escanear0001%20-%20CHILEAN%20PUMA%20-%20CROPPED-HUD3.jpg

as332-9.jpg

Godhammer made us this kick ass model for the SeaSkua for the MRH-90 helicopter. As of right now i dont think the MRH90 will make it into the MOD.... anytime soon anyway.

Plus the Puma is capable of using theSkua as well.

I left the FFARs on it with the guise of being able to engage small RHIB and PBR type ships instead of wasting a SeaSkua on something like that....

Armaments are always sbuject to debate fellas. i welcome the conversation. You all have been able to sway our opinins in tha past. So lets hear what you ahve to say. biggrin_o.gif

Plus the Puma is capable of using theSkua as well.

Oh I had no idea sea skua was on Puma too.

I only knew about exocets, all is well smile_o.gif

In that case, keep the FFARs for the smaller targets, in the end of the day it all goes boom lol..........

notworthy.gif

Firstly, you fellas are doing some great work. As a die-hard OFP recalcitrant, you temp me to dance with the Arma devil.

Secondly. If it's FFARs for the Pumas, perhaps the western version? They look like the Russian version and while RACS may wel employ a mish-mash of whatever works best, it might be more consistent to have the same source of weapons on one platform, no?

Keep at it gents!

Firstly, you fellas are doing some great work. As a die-hard OFP recalcitrant, you temp me to dance with the Arma devil.

Secondly. If it's FFARs for the Pumas, perhaps the western version? They look like the Russian version and while RACS may wel employ a mish-mash of whatever works best, it might be more consistent to have the same source of weapons on one platform, no?

Keep at it gents!

thats a good point.

We decided to stick with the Russian version of the FFAR as the SOCAT model we tried to recreate is mostly in service with former eastern european nations. For example although a NATO mamber Romania uses the same FFAR launcher and AT3 Swatters on the same aircraft. They allso use the Spike-ER thats why we didnt stick TOWs or Hellfires on it instead.

The good thing is modeling the RACS gives us alot of freedom as to what we want to make but sometimes its better to keep it real thumbs-up.gif

just had in idea for the navy puma only

it has te be able to deal with large ships and small boats so heres my idea

take off the fn mag and give it the mini gun form the blackhawk or a M2

the remove 1 ffar pod and have 3 skuas and only 1 ffar pod

biggrin_o.gif

How about developing some sea mines for your Pumas to drop to take out the enemys vessels!

notworthy.gif

im not trying to shoot down your idea and im up for it

but could arma engine have working sea mines?

if u eject just before u hit the water in a heli, the heli will blow up (within kill range normallly) and youd be unaffected

but if it works maybe you could drop 'em outta the hole in the back of the Puma ^^

just had in idea for the navy puma only

it has te be able to deal with large ships and small boats so heres my idea

take off the fn mag and give it the mini gun form the blackhawk or a M2

the remove 1 ffar pod and have 3 skuas and only 1 ffar pod

biggrin_o.gif

well the FFARs will stay as is will be able to support Naval Commandos......

But i like the idea of the bigger gun...... ill test out some ideas with the M2 and mini and ill get back to you guys witht e results pistols.gif

good thinkin blink

thank you

i was gonna say stick a GA1 instead of a FN but then i thought it would be a bit over kill since there is already one ^^

I'd say keep the FFARs and the FN, with a possible 50cal varient.