Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

V-22 Osprey Tilt Rotor

That sounds the most awesome addon yet made Gnat inlove.gif

I asked this few pages ago but didnt get any answer. Well, I saw u have made Armed version too, well, what gun is that in the cargo door, m2? and second, can I close the cargo door, even in armed versions, if the chopper gets into too roguh fire to hold rear open? also a picture of progress of textures would be awesome, of course I understand if ya wanna torture us for few weeks biggrin_o.gif

hehe can't wait to see what suprises you will bring to us gnat. wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif But i have a couple of guesses...

That sounds the most awesome addon yet made Gnat  inlove.gif

I asked this few pages ago but didnt get any answer. Well, I saw u have made Armed version too, well, what gun is that in the cargo door, m2? and second, can I close the cargo door, even in armed versions, if the chopper gets into too roguh fire to hold rear open?  also a picture of progress of textures would be awesome, of course I understand if ya wanna torture us for few weeks  biggrin_o.gif

geez, guestions guestions guestions ! biggrin_o.gif

- M240

- Yes, close anytime while in gunner pos.

- Half open ramp position too

- Textures? .... soon

@Commando84

- And you may be totally off wink_o.gif

Just tested this the other day actually - ace work as always! biggrin_o.gif

One minor weirdo bug which might have something to do with either MaddMatt's effects or just my GPU : when standing in the back and firing (fully automatic) the muzzle flash allows you to see through the walls. Not noticeable when firing single shot, and not noticeable when firing from the entrance in (only from the inside out...if you get my drift). Try it!

Other than that, excellent stuff! Could use a retex, and the looping engine sound could be edited a little bit (has some annoying sounds towards the end of the loop that are very recognizable), but yeah: great, great stuff! biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Nice work, I look forward your next surprise.

if you want to suprise us the first thing should be keeping it under your bed till time is come

now that you have said that there is a "suprise" for us, your "suprise" have acturally becoming a torture

crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Not I. To me there's really no need to get too anxious/excited for a release. There's too many variables that can hinder the creation of a project done charitably on one's free-time. Conversely, if I paid for his service then that's a whole different story but since he's doing this out of pure goodwill I got no say.

That's just my thought though.

Regardless... Whether the "surprise"/update comes today or next year is cool with me. I'm just happy I got an Osprey in game, armed or not.(Don't get me wrong though, some shells banging around the Osprey is obviously welcome.)

I'm sure it's probably just a figure of speech but as we've seen in the past, others can get pretty nasty when they feel "tortured". wink_o.gif  whistle.gif

pistols.gif  yay.gif  welcome.gif

The USMC Desert scheme looks nice. Although you did mention it's a custom take, if you are up for any suggestions, I'd say the Roundel's should go.

I'd use this skin either way so it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the pics.

Man, I can't wait to get this in game inlove.gif

Thanks for all your work GNAT

Maybe an Osprey and the SU-33 at the same time??   notworthy.gif

lol ... no. Su33 first.

@StanThaMan

Nice, but I'm thinking the underside should be different.

Well at least it wasn't "Any updates, any news" this time.

God damn this thing rocks. I still gotta stop and stare every time I see one flying around in game.

OK, this may be old news... i dunno... Dont get all pissed off... But I am having a problem getting the damn AI to land it. They just keep flying around in circles over the LZ and wont pick up the troops... I think it has to do with the new 1.14 update, where the AI tries to find a better path to travel on. Ie roads and flight paths... So i have a simlpe waypoint, where the pilot flies to a seperate unit, then i have the next waypoint, join and lead over the unit, and then another waypoint way far away... helos land and pick up all the troops and fly away to the next waypoint... but the osprey just flies in circles and tries to land as in it slows down but its like it cant lose enough airspeed in time or something... i dunno whats wrong with it.. or maybe its an addon confliction... any ideas...

Not old news, you have an addon conflict.

Someone else I think in this tread reported the same thing, but found removing another addon (SLX ? ) solved the problem.

Gnat @ Aug. 17 2008,08:51)]Not old news, you have an addon conflict.

Someone else I think in this tread reported the same thing, but found removing another addon (SLX ? ) solved the problem.

Someone mentioned SLX as a possible culprit but to be honest, I don't think it hinders the AI's ability to land that much, if at all. As I stated earlier I've never encounter any real problems with AI landing. I've been impressed thus far, it probably lands better than anything I've used to date.

I've used this thing religiously since the release in any/every mission I play. And even though I use pretty much every Mods/AddOns that's been well made, including SLX, the AI still put this thing down on a dime. With a few exceptions of course.

It could have something to do with the AI settings in the options and/or the combat level you have order for the pilot/AI group member.

If you find it is a conflict, please let us know.

EDIT:

I forgot to disclose that I'm talking about SP. I have yet to try this in MP. Not sure if that makes a difference though.

well Im going to try and figure it out... but i dontthink i have anything with slx or slx at that... we'll see

I am having issues with it not landing either, and Im not using SLX, the only other mod I have right now is the ghillie suit mod and the Nimitz carrier mod.

offtopic: How do you edit textures... say change the color of objects... Is it the PBO viewer program or what... ?

I am having issues with it not landing either, and Im not using SLX, the only other mod I have right now is the ghillie suit mod and the Nimitz carrier mod.

I was the one of the people who originally reported the landing issues. Removing the SLX mod definitely help but I still have issues. It could just be a matter of not having enough RAM on my computer as I imagine that this addon is fairly CPU intensive. It's so strange that it works great for some people and not for others. I'm going to have to test it by itself without any addons to see if I still have problems.

If I don't then I'll add in one by one different 3rd party addons to see which one is causing the problem.

Fortunately it is still usable for me now as long as I find a spot that the AI likes. It just takes a lot of trial and error to find a spot where the AI doesn't fly in circles trying to land.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have seen 1 or twice only (in many many many tests) where the V22 (and to be honest, other air addons also, BIS or otherwise) where if it approaches the waypoint/disembark point too close, but "misses", they get into an endless loop where their speed and turning circle NEVER allows them to get close enough to hit that next waypoint (including disembark).

Easily fixed most of the time by moving the waypoint prior to a different location (usually a bit further away).

Just a thought.

As Chris pointed out it could be an AI inteligence thing. By all accounts ArmA AI inteligence is very much affected by CPU speed and RAM, but usually only when you are close to the bottom end of the required specs.

I was the one of the people who originally reported the landing issues.  Removing the SLX mod definitely help but I still have issues.   It could just be a matter of not having enough RAM on my computer as I imagine that this addon is fairly CPU intensive.  It's so strange that it works great for some people and not for others.  I'm going to have to test it by itself without any addons to see if I still have problems.  

If I don't then I'll add in one by one different 3rd party addons to see which one is causing the problem.

Fortunately it is still usable for me now as long as I find a spot that the AI likes.   It just takes a lot of trial and error to find a spot where the AI doesn't fly in circles trying to land.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Chris,

I'd say you are right about the RAM thing. My system is a beast so that could definitely play a part. SLX makes a lot of changes to the game so CPU intensive is the right description.

It is quite odd the vast difference of experience we've all had. I wonder if one of the AddOns I'm using makes the AI smarter when it comes to landing, besides SLX.

One of the other ones that seems to make a difference to my AI is SIX Pack 3 and TM- Gameplay. I'm not sure if any of these help make the AI more capable flyers/landers but it may not hurt to try. They aren't large DL's and not too extremely intensive on the ol' Macheen.

Gnat I got a idea for support vehicles as in repair and rearm and refuel trucks, is there a way to have airvehicles that can act as repair , rearm and refuel vehicles? Would be cool to have airborne support vehicles smile_o.gif