Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare Updated! v1.5

I've been tracking your work and i'm quite impressed. to the point that i'm basing my Warfare mod on your work with fixes and tweaks of mine together with a community member for the squad i'm in "Hotshots".

We're currently looking for people to cooperate with to improve Warfare Stock to something better.

I've been tracking your work and i'm quite impressed. to the point that i'm basing my Warfare mod on your work with fixes and tweaks of mine together with a community member for the squad i'm in "Hotshots".

We're currently looking for people to cooperate with to improve Warfare Stock to something better.

Nice, its great to hear that thanks.

Im holding off from the release 1.5d untill i can get this money exploit fixed. Im nearlly there just trial and error untill i get the script working.

Oki everyone i need some help here..

Can anyone see what this check isisnt working?

Quote[/b] ]

if M113_MHQ_unfolded distance WarfareBDepot < 500 : goto "zomg";

also new wall added Large Wall Pic

Nice, its great to hear that thanks.

Im holding off from the release 1.5d untill i can get this money exploit fixed. Im nearlly there just trial and error untill i get the script working.

Oki everyone i need some help here..

Can anyone see what this check isisnt working?

Quote[/b] ]

if M113_MHQ_unfolded distance WarfareBDepot < 500 : goto "zomg";

also new wall added Large Wall Pic

I've already fixed the MHQ near Depot money exploit in my version. the code for it is simple. pasting it in code block below

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if ([player] Call GetClosestLocation distance _MHQ < 200) then {hint "Too close to depot to deploy MHQ. Must be 200m away from depot"; Exit;}

That works fine for my version in Construction_HQSite.sqs

Also isnt 500m a bit too extreme?. it would kinda outrule building anywhere near the suburbs too :S. which is kinda shameful. also you in your code example. you cant get distance between a Vehicle Classname and another Classname for a House building XD. object distance object is the syntax biggrin_o.gif

AHHH GODSEND!! Thank you soo much. yeah 500 was for testing purpses.. i nearly gave up hope.  biggrin_o.gif

Edit Coming Soon!!!

Quote[/b] ]Changes:

1.5d Changes

- init.sqs deleted

- init.sqf - Updated

- scripts\StartingLocation.sqf - New Script Added.

- scripts\Towns.sqf - New Script added now making towns is much easyer and assinging how large they are Saves having to go to each town induvidually.

- mission.sqm - Object fix Cayo, all sqs Scripts delete (in Server-Scripts)

- Large Wall Added to Defences (Replaces Meduim Wall)

- East Air/Tank Factorys Now Same Price as West (Forgot to change them first time)

- HALO Jumps Added to both Airports ( Cost 500 )

- Cant build MHQ Within 200m of a Depot.

- Team starting positions increased from 2000 to 6000 so both teams are an island apart.

Hm.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before; but any chance of incorporating any civillian activity?.

I was planning on downloading your Warefare Updated mod and adding empty (parked or abandoned) civillian vehicles myself. (with a script attached to each one which would respawn them if they are destroyed, or moved and left for 5/10 minutes) I'd also love to add actual A.I civillians too - people wondering the streets, Buses and other vehicles doing thier trips..etc...but this is beyond my skills...

Do any of you remember in OFP CTI being penalized for killing an innocent civillian?. or am i just imagining it?. thats another thing i'd love to see being incorporated into all this.

Any thoughts?.

AHHH GODSEND!! Thank you soo much. yeah 500 was for testing purpses.. i nearly gave up hope.  biggrin_o.gif

Edit Coming Soon!!!

Quote[/b] ]Changes:

1.5d Changes

- init.sqs deleted

- init.sqf - Updated

- scripts\Towns.sqf - New Script added now making towns is much easyer and assinging how large they are Saves having to go to each town induvidually.

- East Air/Tank Factorys Now Same Price as West (Forgot to change them first time)

- HALO Jumps Added to both Airports ( Cost 500 )

- Team starting positions increased from 2000 to 6000 so both teams are an island apart.

Revert my idea. its not dedicated-proof... my own dedicated server was down so i couldnt test it in dedicated scenario. it only works on localhosted... which is baaaad TM. on dedicated that script is only runned serverside. but since i tested it locally. the player is local to server.., which means if i played CO i couldnt build near. butl... if someone else connects and CO they can still exploit.

so i must fix this check :P

Edit: replace player with _MHQ

Oki i present: Warfare 1.5d (MattR 34 North and South)

Warfare32 1-5d MRNSbeta - 7z - GOL Clan

Quote[/b] ]

1.5d Changes

- init.sqs deleted

- init.sqf - Updated

- Added SU34b to Airports for East

- Added Some Classes Like Medic To the Player Slots..

- Tweaked Town Difficultys

- One or two more i cant remember, i thought about them last night but forgot again. ><

- HALO Jumps Added to both Airports ( Cost 500 ) Removed Due to Parachute Bug Atm

- Planning to Add Viewdistance Diologue

(Thanks to Revellion and Wanderfalke)

1.5c Changes

- JIP Players now recive proper funds and can see towns which have been captured

- Some Towns Have Higher/Slower Income.

- More Enemy Resistance in bigger towns

- Fast Travel Speed Lowered Some more. (Should add Indiana Jones music and a plane marker haha)

- Probaby More Changed and edited but i cant remember i had so much going through my mind fixing JIP

1.5c Chances which failed to happen due to not knowing what i was doing

x Buying units for AI players

x 1000 Funds for a fire mission (Will be added later version)

x Adding New Buildings/Defences to buy (Can add units but not buidlings and defences maybe untill the warfare guide.)

1.5 Changes

- Full North and South Sahrani

- Max Units Players Can have in his group now 24

- Scroll Construction Distance From Comm Changed from 75 to 55

- Fast Travel Distance Increased.

- Fast Travel Speed Decreased

- Added 2 AI salvangers at start instead of 1

- Max amount a location can increase in value from supply trucks was 10 now 5

- Airfactory Price Increased

- Air Units Prices Increased (So its not a rush to who can get Air First (MFCTI Style OFP)

- Tank Prices Increased

- Able to buy Bikes from the Depots (Big Bunkers in Town)

- Enabled to buy Large Walls (Unsure if it works)

- Increased the Cost of Arty Cannons

- Added Static M2 Stationary Defence (Unsure if it works)

- Added Static DKSM Stationary Defence (Unsure if it works)

- Added Searchlight to Defence Menu (unsure if it works)

- Few Minor Tweaks

- Vote Time Changed to 30 Seconds

Please post any bugs and feedback. and keep requesting features.. you might want to see.

Could you please add the "Buy from Remote"??

Like ex: You need a RadioOp in your squad

and you have to be like 10ft away or closer

to get a radio menue up...And you could only

buy units/manned vehics...

Also a support console for ammocrate and/or

weaponscrate...For the cost of money ofcourse..

Ps: I would like to see the WHOLE EVO system

and support features but that would not be

realistic right?? Like "Warfare 2.0 EVO style"

Spawn points should be close to airports/bases.

Heavily guarded.

I'm trying to work on getting MandoBombs into warfare but haven't been successful so far.

Anyone have any luck?

[TAO] Kremator

PS Anyone put Mando Missiles into this warfare too ?

odd I was just going to ask if anybody had put mando missiles in, I tried but got rsc errors/ctd havnt had the time to figure it out yet.

also could anybody add civilians to warfare so the island was populated and you have to avoid killing them etc would be good....bye

I'm sure there was a script called TownHide that populated towns but I don't know how that would work.

[TAO] Kremator

PS Can ANYONE can put all of Mando's lovely work into Warfare? help.gif

- 1.5d version - dedicated.

As soon as the mission starts error message pops up. Also all the big ass red markers on the map are anoying. wink_o.gif

Oh and the error message stays there forever.

mattwarfare1.5d.jpg

thanks for that, worked on a players comp but didnt have the time to test on a dedi.

Confirm the message, + FPS crawling to under 10 the whole time.

Anybody know where i can get the Schmalfelden version of Warfare? I've looked all over an no luck(checked ArmAholic an Armedassult.info) no luck at all. Thanx :DI even tried connecting to GOL server an get it that way but did'nt load for me sad_o.gif

Nevermind biggrin_o.gif I found it.... yay.gif FYI for others looking

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/files/Warfare_schmal.schmalfelden.zip

Oki i present: Warfare 1.5e (MattR 34 North and South)

Warfare32 1-5e MRNSbeta - 7z - GOL Clan

Quote[/b] ]

1.5e Changes

- mission.sqm - Object fix Cayo

- Added SU34b to Airports for East

- Added Some Classes Like Medic To the Player Slots..

- Tweaked Town Difficultys

- Two More Towns Added Into North and South

- One or two more i cant remember.

- HALO Jumps Added to both Airports ( Cost 500 ) Removed Due to Parachute Bug Atm

- Planning to Add Viewdistance Diologue

(Thanks to Revellion)

1.5c Changes

- JIP Players now recive proper funds and can see towns which have been captured

- Some Towns Have Higher/Slower Income.

- More Enemy Resistance in bigger towns

- Fast Travel Speed Lowered Some more. (Should add Indiana Jones music and a plane marker haha)

- Probaby More Changed and edited but i cant remember i had so much going through my mind fixing JIP

1.5c Chances which failed to happen due to not knowing what i was doing

x Buying units for AI players

x 1000 Funds for a fire mission (Will be added later version)

x Adding New Buildings/Defences to buy (Can add units but not buidlings and defences maybe untill the warfare guide.)

1.5 Changes

- Full North and South Sahrani

- Max Units Players Can have in his group now 24

- Scroll Construction Distance From Comm Changed from 75 to 55

- Fast Travel Distance Increased.

- Fast Travel Speed Decreased

- Added 2 AI salvangers at start instead of 1

- Max amount a location can increase in value from supply trucks was 10 now 5

- Airfactory Price Increased

- Air Units Prices Increased (So its not a rush to who can get Air First (MFCTI Style OFP)

- Tank Prices Increased

- Able to buy Bikes from the Depots (Big Bunkers in Town)

- Enabled to buy Large Walls (Unsure if it works)

- Increased the Cost of Arty Cannons

- Added Static M2 Stationary Defence (Unsure if it works)

- Added Static DKSM Stationary Defence (Unsure if it works)

- Added Searchlight to Defence Menu (unsure if it works)

- Few Minor Tweaks

- Vote Time Changed to 30 Seconds

Please post any bugs and feedback. and keep requesting features.. you might want to see.

Matt, thanks for this mission. Any chance of adding an option to play with no Hellfire/Vikhr, just like we had in the classic 'Battlefield 1985' mission for OFP?

cheers

Mandrake

PS. If possible could Mando's countermeasure flares be incorporated too? whistle.gif

Matt, thanks for this mission. Any chance of adding an option to play with no Hellfire/Vikhr, just like we had in the classic 'Battlefield 1985' mission for OFP?

cheers

Mandrake

PS. If possible could Mando's countermeasure flares be incorporated too? whistle.gif

I STRONGLY second that Hellfires/Vikhr's should be removed.

Ruins the game a lot to be 5000m away and lockon, fire, lockon, fire, etc and then rearm at a supply depot and repeat.

I look into it, maybe add an option for the admin to pick.

Possibilities :

- use "incomingMissile" EH to detect a launch against aircrafts, giving them the opportunity to "launch a flare", meaning a certain percentage of destroying the missile (can be 100% tounge2.gif )

- adjust chopper prices, Ka50 has become way more powerfull, make it way more expensive than Cobra. Ofc, in that case, accord tanks prices accordingly too (may be already the case?)

cheers

Mandrake

PS. If possible could Mando's countermeasure flares be incorporated too?  whistle.gif

I STRONGLY second that Hellfires/Vikhr's should be removed.

Ruins the game a lot to be 5000m away and lockon, fire, lockon, fire, etc and then rearm at a supply depot and repeat.

I'm strongly against it being removed entirely - this is precisely what AA is for..with good teamwork, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Making it optional, however. i'd be perfectly fine with.

(i could modd it back in myself but thats not the point. lol.)

Quote[/b] ]

Possibilities :

- use "incomingMissile" EH to detect a launch against aircrafts, giving them the opportunity to "launch a flare", meaning a certain percentage of destroying the missile (can be 100% tounge2.gif )

- adjust chopper prices, Ka50 has become way more powerfull, make it way more expensive than Cobra. Ofc, in that case, accord tanks prices accordingly too (may be already the case?)

I like the first idea. but the second is more opinion. and frankly is very easy to mod yourself if you feel its that necessary.

I'd just love to see some civillian activity like i requested on page 4 (and a few others too). naturally i expect its too early to ask for a yes or no answer, but even if its being considered thats more than enough for me.

please check my post on page 4 for more details on what i'm asking for.

Sounds like some good changes.

Question though, what's the parachute bug? Is it MP only? Ded-server only? I want to avoid that in my own mission...

Question though, what's the parachute bug? Is it MP only? Ded-server only? I want to avoid that in my own mission...

Its not a bug, its just when i went to get the HALO jumping out of Domination it works except when you go to press ESC you chute doesnt appear and you fall to earth and die, so i dont no.. ^^

@Civilian Life

Well civis wouldnt be around doing day to day activities while a warzone was going on unless you see it as iraq etc, but i can add maybe some random civil vehicles around the map with a 20% chance that they will be there etc.

Its not a bug, its just when i went to get the HALO jumping out of Domination it works except when you go to press ESC you chute doesnt appear and you fall to earth and die, so i dont no.. ^^

@Civilian Life

Well civis wouldnt be around doing day to day activities while a warzone was going on unless you see it as iraq etc, but i can add maybe some random civil vehicles around the map with a 20% chance that they will be there etc.

yeah. thats what i was originally going to do ( i actually did this in the OGN CTI mod) by adding vehicles with a % chance of probability, also with a script attached to make them respawn if they are moved and left.

But yeah, as for civillians - i was thinking like Iraq biggrin_o.gif. seeing the number of towns on the island it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that some people didn't "leave" (or couldn't afford to)

but this is out of my league. again i'd add this myself but i'm not experieced enough to do so XD.

I'm strongly against it being removed entirely - this is precisely what AA is for..with good teamwork, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Making it optional, however. i'd be perfectly fine with.

A helicopter flying high enough can see things so far away with lockon [that a person with AA rockets or Shilka/Vulcans have no hope of seeing] that there is no way to counter them.

They do not have to be eliminated entirely; Sparks50 on the 1.0 thread suggests making it an option like the option to not have artillery...

What else has been suggested here would rock [but is it possible to put that in the game WITHOUT requiring an addon?] is to add automatic COUNTERMEASURES that will help defend against this threat so that the further away the rocket is fired, the more highly likely the rocket will be fooled?