=========

IC Barbuda

=========

Created By Wedge

For The International Conflict Arma Tournament

==========

Foreword

==========

Isla Barbuda is a project that has been designed for the IC-Arma Tournament.

Therefore it has been designed with the tournament style play in mind.I would not normally design such

a terrain with a symetrical layout but for this it is needed.All heightmaps were made by hand in PS.

This island has not really been designed with AI in mind so thier effectiveness is unknown in citys/towns etc.

==========

Island Info

==========

Island Size - 1024 x 1024

Object Count - 76'675

Island Style - Desert

Citys - 1

Towns - 15

Bases - 3 (With Airfield's)

==========

Known Bugs & Others

==========

V0.9.0

-No Sat map texture for runways, so it does not show in editor.

-Airfields not properly configured for Auto Pilot.

==========

Contact

==========

Please Report any bugs to myself @

www.ic-arma.com

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Screenshot 5

Screenshot 6

DOWNLOAD LINK [32.5mb]

Please could someone help host

All the best

Enjoy

Wedge

Internal Coordinator

IC-ArmA

Congrats Wedge on the release of this AWESOME map-island! My team already took the beta off a month ago from your publicly open server folder. Good thing is that we have a campaign done for it and i'll publish it asap here, fixing it now for the final version wink_o.gif

Nice lookin map mate smile_o.gif

Thanks for that island.

It`s great to have some varieties at playgrounds. smile_o.gif

wicked thanks for this island can't wait to see it in the IC-ArmA Campain notworthy.gif

Nice island, the only thing that niggles me (as a flyer) are the runway numbers:

09.jpg

09_2.jpg

18.jpg

27.jpg

36.jpg

Had I thought about it, I'd have tagged the location of each one, but I think the compass ought to help out with the orientation.

Other than that, nice island. biggrin_o.gif

he he

thanks for the responses.

Yeah the runways are bugging me anyway but hadnt even thought about the numbers lol i knew they meant something but had no idea what crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif . The main thing thats bugging me is the runway on the sat map. Just couldnt get it right....mainly due to the size of the sat map and amount of layers it takes about half an hour to save it and import it and test it.

What do you guys think of the central city. Its my favourite part. Oh and if anyone can give me back any info on frame rates that would be good. Early betas proved it to be fairly smooth.

Wedge

Nice one. I have loaded in the editor an AH-6 and I haven't had any fps problems. As there are very few trees the performance with this island is very good.

Runs very smooth

Map has great framerates, but then again its the desert in most places wink_o.gif

Our team used main town airport and "government" lended their old mig-15s that supported our ground operations against the rebels that took control of almost all smaller towns. Barbuda is a great island, too bad that the island on the east only has a single village and there are no bridges. But at least its well hidden wink_o.gif

We also noticed that 2 FOBs have runways now, that is great. We still need to check the main town streets since they were all empty in the beta wink_o.gif

Well as you can see if you look at the editor there is a fairly large area

of water to the right this was left for a bit of expansion ...so you never know. The East may yet have more in store :-)

Congratulations, [iC]Wedge on finishing your island. Very nice! It obvious you put a lot of time into it. Had some fun flying around.

Wedge @ May 19 2008,07:54)]he he

thanks for the responses.

Yeah the runways are bugging me anyway but hadnt even thought about the numbers lol i knew they meant something but had no idea what crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif . The main thing thats bugging me is the runway on the sat map. Just couldnt get it right....mainly due to the size of the sat map and amount of layers it takes about half an hour to save it and import it and test it.

What do you guys think of the central city. Its my favourite part. Oh and if anyone can give me back any info on frame rates that would be good. Early betas proved it to be fairly smooth.

Wedge

The air port layout it´s not realistic.

http://www.internationalmodderselite.com/~wedge....el6.jpg

There is a tree in the path were the plane will land or take off. The HAS it´s located betwen the ranway blocking the towers vision´s.

G-LOC

Great Job Wedge! Look forward to playing on it ... smile_o.gif

It's the piece of great looking island. Ciudad city is beautuful! Just waiting for next release. yay.gif

Its a very beautiful map. I especially like the mountainous areas. I love the firefights in the desert.

Tho, there is one thing that bothers me, next to the things that DM pointed out: 3 Airports.

Why are 3 airports with concrete runways needed?

I mean, i don't have a problem with multiple start/landing capabilities but please, don't make it 3 airports with concrete runways sad_o.gif

How about a flat beach, a long road, a large clearance in the woods, a plain in the desert, there are so many possibilities. Or you could even do some upslope landing possibilities in the mountains, so called "Altiports" or rather "Altisurfaces" (even if i doubt the AI can handle those).

As i said in the 1st post..this island is designed for tournament style play...therefor a very symetrical layout. Also stated that it would not be how i would normally design an island. I had to find a mix between the two and i feel i have achieved that for its purpose.

Had i designed a basic island i would have had one main runway and maybe a secondary dirt runway.

Thanks for the feedback guys posotive and negative.......its all a learning curve

One things for sure...i wont be getting the airport wrong next time. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Mate have to say a really fun island to play on, I see evo making it to this island. However the airbase in the south needs a longer runway. Both the sth and north airbases need to be ai landable...But again nice job!!!

Sav

Yeah i also agree the runways are a little short. We live and learn smile_o.gif I have no problem landing them and as i said they are not really designed for AI but if it doesnt mess too much up then i will tre and extend them on the next version.

Oh one more thing, Wedge: when we played your "internal" beta i had a damaged mig-15 and put the bird down a little too late on the runway, so I pulled brakes but was unable to stop the plane before the fence. To my amazement, plane went right through without any damage and fence still stood. So I ask you:

- is that a mig15 or fence bug, did you fix it on first public version? (didn't have time to test it out yet)

inlove.gif This is the first map I really like, quality of this map is almost as good as BIS maps.

Well don m8, I hope in near future there be possibility to play warfare, berzerk and domination on this map.