Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

RECOILS 1.08 vs 1.12

What do you people think? Hardcore and realistic or easy and fun?

1.08 hardcore

1.12 is fun like battlefield 2

1.08 is the best version ever made.Its sad that bis destroyed the game.

Hail to performance of 1.12 but nothing else than performance.

i prefer 1.8 recoils but i use the Q11addon to solve the recoils in 1.12

but in leagues etc you have to use the official patch so... u cant use addons...

I don't get this poll.

Recoil 1.08 vs. 1.12, hardcore or not, then choose between both versions? What do you mean?!

Frankly they both suck, but 1.08 sucked less than the new

one, I think. I'm actually surprised there aren't more "recoil

mods" going around.

I don't get this poll.

Recoil 1.08 vs. 1.12, hardcore or not, then choose between both versions? What do you mean?!

its obvious. What recoils do we want in the new version. after 1.08 all the recoils are the same.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Stop it, mate, you're killing me! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Seriously, you should have your own TV show with that act!

In other words: Agree to disagree.

Specifically, Armed Assault has never been a finished game. Yes, some fanboys might object now - but let's be serious. I don't even want to begin to list the apparent drawbacks of the original game content.

I do like ArmA for its great potential. As much as anyone, really. And I bet it's quite difficult to make a game of this complexity - with such high requirements* for its players in terms of both, intellectual capacity and social multi tasking - economically advantageous.

But with all of its flaws and bugs it is very much dependent on the continuous support by BIS and more importantly it is heavily dependent on community input.

In fact, to get back to the actual topic, only due to q11's recoil add on (which doesn't work properly on 1.12, sadly) it was possible to have a somewhat realistic "feeling" to the weapons. And that's just one example where the actual solution and/or improvement came from some talented lad spending some of his free time and share his work with others.

So forget 1.08, forget 1.12b (which isn't generally a bad patch; I'm glad I can finally play the game at all, without having to reboot with 1GB less in my system) - let's hope they get it right sometime while ArmA(1) is still newsworthy but be wary of a "final patch" or something of the likes. Let's hope the communitie's creativeness and inventiveness will be an inspiration to Armed Assault 2.

*<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Well, for a modern computer game anyways. If you take a look at the mainstream "popular games" you know what I mean.</span>

Guest Ti0n3r

I prefer 1.12 recoils. 1.08 and earlier always felt awkward to me. Too slow I guess.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Stop it, mate, you're killing me!  biggrin_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, you should have your own TV show with that act!

In other words: Agree to disagree.

Specifically, Armed Assault has never been a finished game. Yes, some fanboys might object now - but let's be serious. I don't even want to begin to list the apparent drawbacks of the original game content.

I do like ArmA for its great potential. As much as anyone, really. And I bet it's quite difficult to make a game of this complexity - with such high requirements* for its players in terms of both, intellectual capacity and social multi tasking - economically advantageous.

But with all of its flaws and bugs it is very much dependent on the continuous support by BIS and more importantly it is heavily dependent on community input.

In fact, to get back to the actual topic, only due to q11's recoil add on (which doesn't work properly on 1.12, sadly) it was possible to have a somewhat realistic "feeling" to the weapons. And that's just one example where the actual solution and/or improvement came from some talented lad spending some of his free time and share his work with others.

So forget 1.08, forget 1.12b (which isn't generally a bad patch; I'm glad I can finally play the game at all, without having to reboot with 1GB less in my system) - let's hope they get it right sometime while ArmA(1) is still newsworthy but be wary of a "final patch" or something of the likes. Let's hope the communitie's creativeness and inventiveness will be an inspiration to Armed Assault 2.

*<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Well, for a modern computer game anyways. If you take a look at the mainstream "popular games" you know what I mean.</span>

but in leagues etc you have to use the official patch so... u cant use addons...

Cydon, i already told this to you in a other topic about the recoils:

The recoils in Arma 1.12 ARE FAR MORE REALISTIC THAN in 1.08 and before!

Do you again want many video-proofs about shooting these weapons in real-life?

I can only speak for me and my real-life experiences, and i can assure you that the recoils at the 5.xmm Rifles are NOTHING in real-life.

You can really shoot them even with only one Hand without a climb of the barrel or anything else.

I could even go further into this and say that the Recoils in 1.12 is TO MUCH at certain weapons. wink_o.gif

As in the other thread, just two videos showing you how much recoild they really have. Watch them carfully and closely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3zjqMq59tI&feature=related

and same goes for AK74:

Do you see any climbing barrels? I don't! And this matches pretty good with the real-life experiences i had with certain wapons.

Regards, Christian

In these videos you cant see how the weapon reacts when you have ironsight view.So the videos dont say much to me.Did the guys on the video hit their target?

lad... i am talking about where the ironsight "looks" after each shot is performed

Maybe the 1.12 recoils are not "big" enough, but the 1.08 recoils were not good because they were far too slow and picturing more than just pure recoils (soldier re-aiming after shot)

That was very wrong imho, better have current system even if it is a bit too accurate.

I definitely wouldn't say the 1.12 recoils ain't realistic and 1.08 ones are realistic. Quite the opposite. Biased poll

lad... i am talking about where the ironsight "looks" after each shot is performed

Sure i absolutely know what you mean. wink_o.gif

But in Arma 1.08 AFTER a shot was fired, the weapon unrealistically moved extremely up and down and such shit - which is not the case in real-life.

I shot maybe around 150 rounds with the AR15 (with M16 length Barrel) and this thing is really made for little boys/kids to be able to shoot and to hit your target.

Even when i fired pretty quick in semi-auto, the target always remained where my front-tip was pointing.

Do you ever thought what was one of the reasons (though not a mayor one) to change from 7.xmm to smaller 5.xmm caliber for the most armies?

It was changed so that the greenest noobs can shoot and hit their target with these rifles.

...It was changed so that the greenest noobs can shoot and hit their target with these rifles.

Not really, it was more because you can carry much more

5.56mm ammo than you can 7.62mm for the same weight

(with the small bullets still sufficiently capable of disabling

targets at typically-encountered battle ranges) and because

the lighter recoil aided the controllability of automatic fire.

The 5.56mm round came out of extensive studies done in the

1950s and 60s on the application and effectiveness of small

arms. One of the conclusions at that time was that close

range automatic fire with small calibre, high-velocity bullets

was more effective at producing casualties than single aimed

shots with larger calibre rifles. Much the same conclusions

were drawn from studies undertaken around the same time

by Non-US Western powers. I'm sure there must be lots of

detailed information on all of this on the internet somewhere.

The rifles were/are also much lighter and handier than the

7.62mm service rifles (British SA80 excepted - which is almost

as heavy as the SLR it replaced), which is always appreciated

by users. The first time I ever handled the M16 rifle - on a

tour in the Far East - it felt to me like a toy (mind you, I used

to be able to fire the SLR in one hand like a pistol so my

impression of it is probably not typical).

As far as I'm concerned, the 1.12 recoils are far too twitchy

and robotic, while the 1.08 ones were over-exaggerated and

lethargic. Neither is particularly "realistic" IMO.

Quote[/b] ]...and because

the lighter recoil aided the controllability of automatic fire.

Thats what i said with the sentence you quoted wink_o.gif

I also said that this wasn't the major reason, but it was a reason or a nice side-effect. thumbs-up.gif

Yep M16 is like a toys - plastic Bullshit in my opinion, though very accurate!

Regards, Christian

Ok lets say that the recoils is realistic and gamata.The one that i cannot stand is the constant zoom.what do you have to say about this?

Ok lets say that the recoils is realistic and gamata.

Well they are not, you can never model it anyway near like in RL into a game. Its a totally different feeling. The only thing i say is that 1.12 Recoils are WAY better/realistic in terms of controlability and barrel-climb than with 1.08 and prior to that point.

Quote[/b] ]The one that i cannot stand is the constant zoom.what do you have to say about this?

I don't like it since 1.12 wink_o.gif But i think the whole POV and scale of Arma is messed.

Regards, Christian

this is a pool. You can discuss yes, but there is no reason to say "no, your a f***ing retard, and your wrong, i am smarter than you etc etc" or "i am right and you are wrong". I wonder why every thread g-c posts in goes in that direction. whistle.gif

back on topic: i would go for a tweaked version of 1.08. What i felt was bad there was the fact that your sights were going down at some point. To much up and down movement (especially the weird down movement) and way to less shoulder recoil. Anyway, 1.08, 1.11 and 1.12 are a way to indifferent to the stance you are using ( by that i mean there is no difference at all in 90% of the cases. If you don't believe me check the configs yourselves). A bit too arcadish for my taste.

i dont notice any big changes, only its a bit faster to aim wich i feel is good cause in 1.08 i could stand forever trying to aim and i still stand sometimes for 3 mins aiming at something 500 meters away tounge2.gif but atm i been playing arma less than once a week so that might be it too.. tounge2.gif

this is a pool. You can discuss yes, but there is no reason to say "no, your a f***ing retard, and your wrong, i am smarter than you etc etc" or "i am right and you are wrong".

No one did this, as far as i'm aware of...

And if you mean any of my posts, do i must justify myself again here to people like you why i have things written like i did it?

Come on, he opened that thread even though we discussed it already in a other thread and i showed him (or tried to by the linked Videos) already there that 1.08 recoils was the turbo-unrealistic thing and not 1.12.

Quote[/b] ]I wonder why every thread g-c posts in goes in that direction. whistle.gif

Do you have any problems with me, or why do you come to this conclusion? And show some proofs for me that i am responsible for that threads go into that direction (if they go there anyway).

Regards, Christian