Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

ArmA Editing Guide - English Version

Thanks for your help (Much more than i expected). I am going to look at your sample mission now, but you have explained some things that i was not sure about. Will let you know how i get on Many thanks biggrin_o.gif

Just to let you know it worked a treat, it was the name of the script that i was doing wrong.

Just realized that the generated troops dont attack or defend themselves?

Just to let you know it worked a treat, it was the name of the script that i was doing wrong.

Go on reading on page 125 below the script lines... everything is explained there about the partys and how become the enemy against each other.

Go on reading on page 125 below the script lines... everything is explained there about the partys and how become the enemy against each other.

Feel a bit stupid, sorry for not reading further. It all works fine. It seems quite simple now, thanks for your help smile_o.gif

Excellent resource! Just wanted to forward my gratitude to everyone involved in this, thanks for sharing!

/KC

Feel a bit stupid, sorry for not reading further. It all works fine. It seems quite simple now, thanks for your help smile_o.gif

Don´t feel stupid, everything´s alright..;).

@Key Cat, thanks for praising. Hope you can well use it. Please report strange things, errors, not working scripts aso, directly in this thread.

Regards

Memphis

Will this manual be ok for arma2 or will you be doing an update, I would like to buy the hardback version but if you going to update I will wait for then.

smile_o.gif

There will come an update of course wink_o.gif

Thanks a lot for all your very great feedbacks!!!

@KeyCat

Thanks man. Great to hear it from a good old veteran wink_o.gif

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

As promised..

I have uploaded a sample mission. Now you can see how it works to create a Group.

Download

(ArmA Version 1.14 only)

Here´s the way how it works,

At first, you´re talking about creating a whole group, so it´s page 125, not 124... only to avoid missunderstandings at this point..;).

1.) Place a marker on the map and name it to GrpM (this is how it was called in the script, it´s possible of course to use other names, but those ones of course should be present as well in the script!!wink_o.gif

2.) Leave the game by pressing Alt and Tab and open a notepad (Texteditor), copy and paste the script lines from page 125 and name it group1.sqs (as explained in my post above). Save the group1.sqs right in the missionsfolder.

3.) Now go back to the game and save it. Create a trigger right over the marker (that one will disapper if marker is not selected, thats why I placed a Flag on the map).

Adjust the trigger (Activation, size (A/B) and type this exec "group1.sqs"; right in the OnActivation line in the trigger. Make sure that the activation was set correctly, Blu, Op, Res or what ever. Then press preview and run into the Trigger area, the group should appear right now.

If questions still persists dont hesitate to ask me again...but not over pm, to keep it public...

regards

MemphisBelle

EDIT:

Important note to everyone. I encountered a mistake on page 125. The paragraph right over the group script lines describes the name of the Marker as GrpOneM. But in the script GrpM is used only. So either name the marker GrpM or chane the names in the script, but the first way would be more comfortable...;)

Ok just one more question with regards to unit creation because i cannot find any info. How do you make an enemy tank that has its driver, gunner etc.

I have been told to create the units then have them get in the tank. I find this hard because the tank has been created and has no name. Thanks for any help.

I find this hard because the tank has been created and has no name.

Hey rick,

that might be a little confusing but check out page 124 in the guide. There´s an example about how to create Artiellery unit (D30). In this case the syntax begins with Ari1 (green). Green colored words in the guide representing variable things like names of Objects aso. In this case the Artiellery unit (D30) is named Ari1 in the Editor.

The same is for a Tank. Use that syntax with a Tank Classname and name it as you want to, thats all...

Ahh Will try that now, cheers smile_o.gif

BTW im also going through JohanGustafssonsScriptingTutorial2ndedition from opf that should help me understand more about scripting.

Hi mr-murray i´ve been trying to comunicate with you by private methods, e-mail and PM, it would be great if you could tell me something about. I just want to know whats your opinion about the document i sed to you, to start working or to leave it. My mates ar asking me and i dont know what to say.

my e-mail account is: pmvm_28@hotmail.com

you can contact me here too:

http://www.armados.info/

Thanks in advance see you soon!!!

Hey BoneBoys

Thanks, you´re welcome!

Hopefully it has been fixed by ArmAholic-Team.

Kind regards,

Mr-Murray

Hey, I just downloaded the ArmA editing guide but am I right in finding that it doesn't contain a list of WP behaviours (i.e. guard)? Is there another guide I should be looking at for this information?

There is still the BI Wiki you can use in addition: Waypoint: Guard.

The forum search also surely comes up with some Waypoint descriptions.

There is still the BI Wiki you can use in addition: Waypoint: Guard.

The forum search also surely comes up with some Waypoint descriptions.

Many thanks!:)

Ooh... maybe I´ve forgot it. I will make it better in Guide II ;)

Hey mcvittees

That´s that there´s no list of it because you´ll find it in Chapter 1 at page 31 ;)

Kind regards,

Mr-Murray

I have a question regarding the generating of units during play.

Now, I can generate units into my group with no issues using the following Command

"SoldierESniper"createUnit[positionplayer,S1,"Name1=this",0.4,"Corporal"]

When I try to generate a unit outside of my group, I use this command;

"SoldierESniper"createUnit[getMarkerPos"Marker1",EGrp1,0.8,"Corporal"]

From there I go and create a marker with the name marker1.

I than use a trigger to activate the command

However this is where there seems to be a problem. As soon as the trigger is activated, I get an error message at the top of the screen

"SoldierESniper"createUnit[getMarkerPos"Marker1",EGrp1,0.8,"Corporal"]

error; typed string expected number

What am I missing?

Like I said, its fine when I create it for my group, but not for other groups.

I have also tried generating it to a nonplayable unit that is already on the map and I still get the same error message.

Thanks!

Any ETA on book 2? I haven't edited since OFP back in the day and recently picked up ARMA2. I want to learn about all the new features such as modules, but don't really have the time for trial-and-error so I'm really looking forward to this guide. The first one was absolutely awesome.

Thanks.