Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Final 1.12 in mid May? Read it here.

i have a even better find from a beta-tester of the patch (whoops he just told me he isnt a beta-tester):

http://germany-fun.foren-city.de/topic,5....ml#5874

Is this an officially sanctioned release of info, or is there NDA violation at work here?

From the way that guy (Xeno) is talking, it would appear that he is either completely making things up, or has intimate knowledge about the upcoming patch. If his claims are correct, I would assume an NDA violation.

Does it matter?

Yes.

NDA's exist for a reason...

FFS...

Any findings should allways be translated...

As I dont speek german i cant take part of

this info... pistols.gif

x2 mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Yes.

To stop fans knowing or to protect vital security issues? I mean come on, people here whinge like fuck that there's no communication, then we have some albeit potentially unofficially, and people whinge about that! I mean, come on! Does this release actually effect anything? Does it mean that Arma will suddenly stop working on our pcs? No.

I for one am glad that someone deigned us important enough to actually shed a bit of light. I'm rather sick of the whole mushroom thing now.

Quote[/b] ]

Yes.

To stop fans knowing or to protect vital security issues? I mean come on, people here whinge like fuck that there's no communication, then we have some albeit potentially unofficially, and people whinge about that! I mean, come on! Does this release actually effect anything? Does it mean that Arma will suddenly stop working on our pcs? No.

I for one am glad that someone deigned us important enough to actually shed a bit of light. I'm rather sick of the whole mushroom thing now.

You're missing the point here. It is not in the interest of a developer for people to leak information about an unfinished product, because it may shed a bad light on both them and the product. It's standard business practise to make people sign NDAs before they are allowed to get their hands on inside information, for just this reason. If you've ever written a piece of software or even drawn a picture as a kid, you'll know how much it sucks when someone looks over your shoulder at something unfinished and says "dude, what the f*ck is that?!". This is the same, just that it can hurt the business of a company, and not just someones feelings.

If the information on that forum is true, someone out there has undoubtedly violated his NDA by directly or indirectly disclosing information to the public. People like you and me may be happy to get such info ahead of an official release, but that doesn't change the fact that someone can be held legally accountable for providing it.

You're missing the point here. It is not in the interest of a developer for people to leak information about an unfinished product, because it may shed a bad light on both them and the product.

It didn't stop them from releasing a pile of crap at the start did it, they wernt too concerned about their reputation and product when they released what was supposed to be a working package many moons ago, its a two way street in my book.

I know that I wont be buying into Arma 2 until much later into the game (unless there is good user reports). when they released OFP they could be forgiven for their short commings as they were a new developer with a surprisingly new product for that time but there was no excuss for the poor standard of release for Arma, they may have needed funds but to get that they certainly tarnished their reputation by releasing before it was ready.

les hope that the constant zoom will be removed and the recoil goes back to 1.08 also lets hope that when we turn our head around we wont feel like cyborgs. as for the rest i am only intrested in better performance. we cant even play berzerk without cheaters or problems what makes you think we will be able to play CTI.

i only want to play the gameplay of 1.08 with better perfonace and not the lame 1.12...

You're missing the point here. It is not in the interest of a developer for people to leak information about an unfinished product, because it may shed a bad light on both them and the product.

It didn't stop them from releasing a pile of crap at the start did it, they wernt too concerned about their reputation and product when they released what was supposed to be a working package many moons ago, its a two way street in my book.

I know that I wont be buying into Arma 2 until much later into the game (unless there is good user reports). when they released OFP they could be forgiven for their short commings as they were a new developer with a surprisingly new product for that time but there was no excuss for the poor standard of release for Arma, they may have needed funds but to get that they certainly tarnished their reputation by releasing before it was ready.

Your opinions. Not my concern.

Hi all

NDA's are

1) A legal document (you can be sued if you ignore them)

2) Prevent disclosure of commercial in confidence information

3) Help prevent misinformation and rumours (people half way up the tree rarely know what is going on so are not good informational sources)

4) Media outlets are very wary of signing NDA's

In terms of media the correct method is covered under the term "Embargoed news release."

Press releases are listed as "Embargo: Immediate" or with a time and date by which they can be published. This helps Media organisations with long lead times such as print publishers but with Internet based media it is becoming less relevant. Most organisations just send out the news on the day.

If you want to get in a Media outlets good books you tell them early, sometimes you tell one media outlet, commonly called an exclusive; more often you give them all a warning so they can write articles and your organisation can create a buzz in the media. That is when you use an embargoed date and time.

Media can and do employ fishing expeditions to find out what is going on in an organisation. Usually by inviting an employee for a cup coffee or dinner. The problem with this for the media outlet are:

1) the information is often wrong or incomplete

2) they may annoy the organisation who will discipline the employee shutting off the source; which might be more useful as a back-channel and to provide background competitors do not get.

3) The organisation may also remove the media source from future press conferences and fail to include them in mailing lists thus depreciating the value of the media organisation, though this is rare.

The proper source for information in an organisation is their official press releases and the person(s) they designate for media relations. Most organisations have a media policy that sets this out. That said one of the key rolls of Media relations is the creation of rumours often fed with contorversy to create a buzz.

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

NDA's are

1) A legal document (you can be sued if you ignore them)

2) Prevent disclosure of commercial in confidence information

3) Help prevent misinformation and rumours (people half way up the tree rarely know what is going on so are not good informational sources)

4) Media outlets are very wary of signing NDA's

In terms of media the correct method is covered under the term "Embargoed news release."

Press releases are listed as "Embargo: Immediate" or with a time and date by which they can be published. This helps Media organisations with long lead times such as print publishers but with Internet based media it is becoming less relevant. Most organisations just send out the news on the day.

If you want to get in a Media outlets good books you tell them early, sometimes you tell one media outlet, commonly called an exclusive; more often you give them all a warning so they can write articles and your organisation can create a buzz in the media. That is when you use an embargoed date and time.

Media can and do employ fishing expeditions to find out what is going on in an organisation. Usually by inviting an employee for a cup coffee or dinner. The problem with this for the media outlet are:

1) the information is often wrong or incomplete

2) they may annoy the organisation who will discipline the employee shutting off the source; which might be more useful as a back-channel and to provide background competitors do not get.

3) The organisation may also remove the media source from future press conferences and fail to include them in mailing lists thus depreciating the value of the media organisation, though this is rare.

The proper source for information in an organisation is their official press releases and the person(s) they designate for media relations. Most organisations have a media policy that sets this out. That said one of the key rolls of Media relations is the creation of rumours often fed with contorversy to create a buzz.

Kind Regards walker

^^ What he said.

Anyway, since this thread is mutating into another "wtf ArmA sucks and BIS should give us more Info now!" topic, I can hear the lock clicking already...

^^ What he said.

Anyway, since this thread is mutating into another "wtf ArmA sucks and BIS should give us more Info now!" topic, I can hear the lock clicking already...

Damn it! Always in my Threads.... tounge2.gif

Regards, Christian

I think the 20th is like the end of mid May or is mid May the 2nd thru the 30th?

I think the 20th is like the end of mid May or is mid May the 2nd thru the 30th?

Oh dear god a patch has been delayed, that has never happened before! icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Mid May is somewhere between May 2008 and May 2009.

The next patch will be released ... when it's done.

Closing.