Sign in to follow this  
Mateck

Mateck's M1A1 (HA)

that's an engine sound, it sounds like that inside of a tank.

Our replacement is bugged ;p Will be fixed in next release.

Thanks mate smile_o.gif

I forgot to post the .RPT error i get - maybe this also has to do with that?

----ARMA.RPT----

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M2_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M240L_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M256_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M240C_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M2_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M240L_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M256_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ch_m1abrams (entry CH_M240C_M1A1) not found in the list of active addons.

------------------

Regards

Alex

that's an engine sound, it sounds like that inside of a tank.

Nope, that's the servo system noise. That would hurt our ears in game though.

72 @ May 15 2008,23:38)]@Mateck

I think i found a small bug, or not bug but i dont know what to call it atm - its very late and im tired. But can someone else test to start new MP game (Host not dedi), place a player (not M1A1 - only a soldier) out and 1 normal stock arma T72. Save and start.

I get "you cannot play/edit this mission, its dependent of CH_xxxx_T72". And i just made that in the MP editor. So it isnt a mission that uses your tanks. I just made it with a player and a normal arma T72.

if i put out your CH_T72 everything is fine.

Just letting you know. Someone else try this so i know its not just me it happens to - but i cleared all other mods and tested with your only. Problem still there.

Regards

Alex

Do you have both addons? The actual tank .pbo and the replacement.pbo as both are required. The replacement pbo replaces any stock ArmA tank with Mateck's tanks using the actual tank pbo.

I have played with these in a mission of mine on a dedi server and I so far have no errors with this.

"You cannot play/edit this mission..." error is caused by new ammo and weapons classes used in replacement config. ch_m1a1_replacement and ch_t72_replacement lines are required in mission.sqm under Addons section, but old mission simply don't have them. When creating new mission while using ch_m1a1_replacement and ch_t72_replacement addons, they are automatically added to Addons section in mission file.

I already fixed this problem by using existing ammo and weapons classes i replacement file. Unfortunately because of this ch_m1a1_replacement will be a bit different than ch_m1abrams wink_o.gif

@Alex[Dev]72

Thanks for pointing those .rpt errors. That was very helpful smile_o.gif

I was a M-109a6 Gunner.... I have been to Fort Knox and seen M1A1 up close... The sound is the Servo System and yes it is annoying ... As for hurting your ears in Game I have a file edited for it.... I just cant get it to work in the Gunners section ...I am Just trying to do this for my own pleasure if someone could help me out here..

WOW did I say something wrong ...No post in a while.

Hi, i was making some stupid firefight in Rahmadi, USMC vs RACS

with MIG-15's air support, and which was my surprise when i seen

a M1A1 HA... shoting down a MIG-15 with the main gun!!. I laughted

alot; until that a KA-50 noticed that was me who blown off a T72

with a Javelin, then a rockets rain ended with my fun and half of the

AI squad too. Was fun and impressive. Let's C ya

@Mateck

Any possible to have it where when the gunner fires a round the main gun doesn't automatically reload?

So the loaded then has to reload the gun, but selecting either to reload Sabot or Heat. And when he finishes reloading he says which ever one aloud so it is hear that the gun is ready to be fired with whatever type or round he reloaded.

That would just add more the loader position and would be great for those that would like it to be realistic.

@Mateck

Any possible to have it where when the gunner fires a round the main gun doesn't automatically reload?

So the loaded then has to reload the gun, but selecting either to reload Sabot or Heat. And when he finishes reloading he says which ever one aloud so it is hear that the gun is ready to be fired with whatever type or round he reloaded.

That would just add more the loader position and would be great for those that would like it to be realistic.

I think it is possible by making script that will use removeMagazines and addMagazines commands. Main gun would be empty unless loader add certain ammo to the main gun via addMagazines command.

EDIT.

I'm searching for some way to override screen color, like green in NVGs. I want to add FLIR option to M1A1.

I know there is setAperture option that makes screen look black and white but only during night. During day time screen is to bright and with higher setAperture values is no more black and white wink_o.gif

I will be grateful for any help on figuring out how ArmA NVGs works.

I would check out mapfact's AH-64 Apache to see how they did it. Their FLIR works beautifully and only works at night. Their scripting might give you some ideas on how to add a similar feature to your M1A1.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think it is possible by making script that will use removeMagazines and addMagazines commands. Main gun would be empty unless loader add certain ammo to the main gun via addMagazines command.

EDIT.

I'm searching for some way to override screen color, like green in NVGs. I want to add FLIR option to M1A1.

I know there is setAperture option that makes screen look black and white but only during night. During day time screen is to bright and with higher setAperture values is no more black and white wink_o.gif

Loader Position:

Is there any future for the loader position to load the rounds and not the gunner in a future release or would that have to be created/added by us the community?

FLIR:

There is a script somewhere around the forums that talks about that, but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

Also is there a time frame for the next update to fix the replacement addon.

Thanks.

EDIT.

Loader Position:

Is there any future for the loader position to load the rounds and not the gunner in a future release or would that have to be created/added by us the community?

FLIR:

There is a script somewhere around the forums that talks about that, but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

Also is there a time frame for the next update to fix the replacement addon.

Thanks.

I will try to make such script but I want to finish some other things first. Though I don't know if I have enough scripting skills wink_o.gif

About FLIR. I've checked Mapfact's FLIR and it's great but it's not working in daytime. I'm wondering if its possible to make screen black and white also during day so it will look like FLIR.

I've fixed replacement file some time ago. I will release it with next M1A1 version.

No problem, well see what we can do. What is the loaders position in the crew of the M1A1 so that we know who to add the action to. If it is commander than the loader and commander may get the action, but well have to see.

Keep it up, I love this thing.

@Mateck

Even though the mapfact FLIR (black & white) makes it look like FLIR at a fast glance, it still isnt as it doesnt do anything except make it B&W - its however nicer than plain colour though.

What about thermal optics then? The XAM mod guys have a decent thermal function. Brightens people and vehicles up. Its not perfect but better than anything else, and you can spot people hiding in bushes etc. And it works night and day if i remember correct (wich makes it a bit more FLIR-ish smile_o.gif Could be cool if you got permission to use that and add it to the optics maybe? Just an idea.

Regards

Alex

don't know if this is posted yet (did not find it):

when turning the maingun backwards-down, it clips with the back hulk of the tank. is there any means to make it "swing" around the "obstacle"?

another one: I could d'pbo it myself. but: will there be a version without custom sounds? so that everyone can use the marvellous piece of work without sacrificing soundmod-fx?

don't know if this is posted yet (did not find it):

when turning the maingun backwards-down, it clips with the back hulk of the tank. is there any means to make it "swing" around the "obstacle"?

I'm afraid it's not possible. I think the only way to fix this problem is to lower min elevation of the gun, but I don't think this will be a good solution.

About new sounds. In version 0.9 there was option to use standard sounds. Unfortunately there was some problems with replacement file. In new version I'm planing to separate data files from config files so there will be no problem with adding optional configurations smile_o.gif

About FLIR. I'm testing XAM Termic Vision. If there will be no problems in multiplayer I will ask XAM team for permission to use it smile_o.gif

BTW. Before someone mention this. I think because of patch 1.14 there is problem with zooming commander optics after using external view.

You could add a continuously-running script that checks for turret rotation and triggers a custom "raise gun barrel by 5 degrees" animation when the gun is over the rear deck. But that wouldn't really be an acceptable solution.

Actually, you could scan both traverse and depression every frame and tie a "raise gun barrel" custom animation's value to the amount by which the commanded gun depression exceeds the limit at that clock position. It wouldn't actually add much more computation time beyond what my FCS mod has to track anyway, since it's essentially the same method by which my gun lead is applied. I might try this out.

The real tank prevents the cannon from firing when the gun is over the rear deck. Or, I'm pretty sure it does. There's no real way to simulate that.

Does Tank_FCS work with this tank? Near the beginning of this thread someone comments on how nice this addons is with NWD's TANK_FCS, but I've never been able to get FCS working with this tank.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does it not work at this point with NWD's mod?

Does Tank_FCS work with this tank? Near the beginning of this thread someone comments on how nice this addons is with NWD's TANK_FCS, but I've never been able to get FCS working with this tank.

At this point it dosen't have Tank Fire Control System by NonWionderDog included.

At this point it dosen't have Tank Fire Control System by NonWionderDog included.

My apologies for not being clear. I know a FCS system has not yet been applied to your M1A1's. What I was wondering is whether or not NWD's Tank_FCS Mod works with these Tanks, as it does with the BIS tanks.

The.D stated on the first page that:

Quote[/b] ]Tested it with and without NWD Tank addons (works well!wink_o.gif and over several missions - couldn't see any major flaws

I've never been able to get NWD's AddOn to work with these tanks. If I have the vanilla M1A1 and Mateck's M1A1 placed in the Editor, only the BIS tank has it. Do I need to tweak something in NWD's AddOn?

There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong here if others have it working. If anyone knows how it is done please fill me in.

FCS is not working with current version of m1a1 ha as it work with bis m1a1.

FCS is not working with current version of m1a1 ha as it work with bis m1a1.

Thanks for the info. I've been confused about this ever since D posted that comment. I'll have to send him a PM and ask what kind of magic he was working with. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Time for an update, some screenshots of our M1 (whole tank is still W.I.P). Final version will have 3 types of camo schemes, new random markings and many, many other features.

uo0088wz0.jpg

uo0091vj6.jpg

uo0092mw4.jpg

We need little help on the ammunition loadout (how many, what kind of ammo for M68A1 gun), currently we have M483A1 HEAT-T and M833 APFSDS.

My apologies for not being clear. I know a FCS system has not yet been applied to your M1A1's. What I was wondering is whether or not NWD's Tank_FCS Mod works with these Tanks, as it does with the BIS tanks.

The.D stated on the first page that:

Quote[/b] ]Tested it with and without NWD Tank addons (works well!wink_o.gif and over several missions - couldn't see any major flaws

I've never been able to get NWD's AddOn to work with these tanks. If I have the vanilla M1A1 and Mateck's M1A1 placed in the Editor, only the BIS tank has it. Do I need to tweak something in NWD's AddOn?

There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong here if others have it working. If anyone knows how it is done please fill me in.

My FCS mod makes a great number of edits to the models, and doesn't work without the edited models. So it won't work with this right now.

Version 0.1 might actually work... but I don't recommend it.

On the new M1: it's still missing the CWS. The BIS model has the M2 on a pintle-mount, with iron sights on the gun. This is correct for the M1A2 tank, but keep in mind that the M2 machine gun on the baseline M1A2 tank cannot be fired from inside. (The M1A2 SEP adds the remote-control turret, I believe.)

The M1 and M1A1 had a completely different mount for the M2 machine gun, one that could only be fired remotely from inside the tank. (You can actually still reach the trigger from unbuttoned and can look through the vision block to the stupid little ring sights while semi-buttoned, but you can't turn the hand crank to change elevation while higher than semi-buttoned. There are no sights on top of the machine gun, anyway.)

This is the best picture I've found of what it should look like. No picture of the ring sights, unfortunately:

rppymixgsi.jpg