Sign in to follow this  
Mateck

Mateck's M1A1 (HA)

@NoWonderDog

Thank you for info on CWS. The GPS on M1 and M1A1 will also be remodeled.

wow, this is starting to look like an abrams pack smile_o.gif

don't forget to include M1IP/IPM1 abramses wink_o.gif

erm.. ive had a go reading the awesome read me pdf document, but how does one select the desert abrams instead of a NATO one?.. crazy_o.gif

thanks

Quote[/b] ]We need little help on the ammunition loadout (how many,what kind of ammo for M68A1 gun), currently we have M483A1 HEAT-T and M833 APFSDS.

From what I understand load outs are mission dependent and vary from operation to operation so I am not sure if there are standard load outs for specific roles.

On a side note did you mean to say the M68A1 gun? Cause that is the 105mm rifled cannon on the original M1 Abrams. The 120mm smooth bore is the M256.

And the only M483A1 I know of is the 155mm howitzer DPICM but I have been out of the Corps for a very long time. What I do know about and can only provide data for are the following:

105mm tank rounds:

M392 & M392A2 APDS-T, M392A2

M494 APERS-T

M900 APFSDS-T

M457 Dummy

M393A1 & A2 HEP-T

M456 Series HEAT-T

M456A2 HEAT-T-MP

M416 Smoke, WP-T

M467 TP-T

M490 TP-T

M393A1 TP-T

M490A1 TP-T

M724 & M724A1 TPDS-T

M728 APDS-T

M735 APFSDS-T

M774 APFSDS-T

M833 APFSDS-T

DM128 TPCSDS-T

120mm tank rounds:

M829, A1, A2 & A3 APFSDS-T

M830 & M830A1 HEAT-MP-T

M908 HE-OR-T

M831 & M831A1 TP-T

M865 TPCSDS-T

But unfortunately the data I have is not on load outs but just the round itself; propellant, weight, size, etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance though.

Tigernan

Not as lean, or as mean but always a Marine.

What about M827 APFSDS? Wasn't that used as 120 mm shell aswell?

@Tigernan

Yes we are looking for correct ammo for 105 mm gun. On one hand I have this very accurate data (early 80s ?):

APDS-T M392A2 Shot(APDS-T)

APFSDS-T M735 Shot(APFSDS-T)

HEP-T M393A1 Shell(HESH-T)

HEAT-T M456(T384E4) Shell(HEAT-T)

APERS-T XM494E3 (5000 fléchettes)

WP-T M416 Shell(Smoke)

TP-T M393A1 Shell(TP-T)

TP-T M490 Shell(TP-T)

On the other hand I have this info from Osprey book that shows two different rounds for 105 mm (year 1985):

1ammoaw2.jpg

erm.. ive had a go reading the awesome read me pdf document, but how does one select the desert abrams instead of a NATO one?.. crazy_o.gif

thanks

What do You mean? huh.gif

erm.. ive had a go reading the awesome read me pdf document, but how does one select the desert abrams instead of a NATO one?..  crazy_o.gif

thanks

What do You mean? huh.gif

Is there just a NATO M1A1 (camo), that replaces the BLUFOR one?..

I don't see a desert one... huh.gif

There is no desert replacement. Only way to use Abrams in desert camo i to choose it from class "CH Armor".

oh, so that where it is!!!!!!!!!!!..

lol.. im such a dumb ass!

thanks for the help!

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

T_Bone

This info

APDS-T M392A2 Shot(APDS-T)

APFSDS-T M735 Shot(APFSDS-T)

HEP-T M393A1 Shell(HESH-T)

HEAT-T M456(T384E4) Shell(HEAT-T)

APERS-T XM494E3 (5000 fléchettes) - Is not used by the M1A1 Anymore this is an Anti-personnel round. It is though a nice round to have..

WP-T M416 Shell(Smoke)

TP-T M393A1 Shell(TP-T)

TP-T M490 Shell(TP-T)

Is the Correct ... Give me a week and I can get you the info from a friend in a Armor unit . I was in a M109as ...

By the way this is by far the most fun and exciting mod I have ever used.. Me and 2 friend have been running a training map and working as a crew . Keep up the great work..

@King Homer

From what I remember; the M827 was actually the XM827 and was being tested at roughly the same times as the XM829. The XM829 won out and became the APFSDS-T round of choice. Nothing to back this information up however. Just my aging memory.

@T Bone

The listing of rounds I posted earlier is accurate as of April 24th, 1994 according to the "U.S. Army Data Sheets on Artillery, Ammunition, Guns, Howitzers, Mortars, Recoilless Rifles, Grenade Launchers and Artillery Fuzes" [TM 43-0001-28]

And in 1996 I can say that most major Marine Corps installations had all of the listed items in some quantity because the magazine dumps were phasing most of it out or scheduling it for disposal or to be transfered other smaller facilities.

If you can't get a copy of that technical manual let me know I can provide whatever info you need that it has. Will help out in any way I can, even though I was a lowly LAV crewman and not a real tanker. wink_o.gif

Tigernan

Not as lean, or as mean but always a Marine.

Any News Or Update's huh.gif? Been quiet for a while..

Should he post something just to say there is nothing? Do you think he forgot?

Any News Or Update's huh.gif? Been quiet for a while..

Should he post something just to say there is nothing? Do you think he forgot?

We didn't forgot whistle.gif

We just don't have enough free time to work on it banghead.gif

Here are some WIP screenshots of new textures for M1 (textures by T_Bone).

m1nz2.jpg

m2ix1.jpg

m3iz5.jpg

m4nf9.jpg

In new version textures can be changed via script. Mission makers will have opportunity to make unique textures for their missions. We will also release textures templates to make it easier.

Texture Pack for mission makers.. sounds really nice!

Great Feature and great work!

me like the hole idea biggrin_o.gif

Befor anyone will ask "what kind of camo is that" wink_o.gif And remember its W.I.P

m1scq2.jpg

Looking good so far. Maybe you could help us to improve our M1A2 textures a bit wink_o.gif

Great new pix. WIP or not, I look forward to these new changes. The option to change textures sounds intriguing, I can't wait to give that a shot.

i was going to ask what paint jobs are these, but when i saw that explanation, especialy " Reforger 83' " exercise held in Germany, i remembered that camo from military vids i had smile_o.gif

I may be wrong, but as I remember the first real time Abramses were shown to public and eastern block was in Reforger 83' exercises...

now bang! A new feature! Mission makers will have an oportunity to use or even create textures their own? That's amazing. I dreamed about this ability for OFP.

Great job Mateck and bone_T tounge2.gif

Are you going to do a plain OD paint job as well?

I am pretty sure that prior to taking all of the old M1s out of service (to be sold, scrapped, or upgraded) they were all required to be repainted completely OD.