Sign in to follow this  
Mateck

Mateck's M1A1 (HA)

Quote[/b] ]Future plans:

- NonWonderDogs Tank FCS, if he will give us permission to use his addon

NonWonderDog was around this thread several Times.. do you have the permission now and when will we see a new version? This is my favorite (model) addon so far for ArmA.. combined with the best script addon.. the FCS.. it will rock so hard :X

me loves Tanks and there are way to few released :/

I asked NWD about his FCS via PM and haven't got any answer. Hard to say when new version will be out, i think its a matter of weeks.

I'm really surprise he didn't address the permission when he was around.

Edit:

That's right, I think he intended to finish it up so it's less buggy. To be honest, I'm not quite sure this was directed at T-bone but I wanted to mention in case others didn't see it.

The truth is that we still didn't found time to take a closer look at NWDs Tank FCS or at least Range Finder. Thats way we didn't press NonWonderDog for his clear permission wink_o.gif

That's completely understandable. I know you guys will get it done when time permits, I got faith in you. biggrin_o.gif

Take your time my friend.

W.I.P T-72AV (ERA made by Tiger205) in SLA green:

arma2008061716245325hy8.jpg

arma2008061716303581dl3.jpg

Soviet green made by me, rear barrels are "dynamic":

arma2008061717002111re7.jpg

arma2008061717003741xw3.jpg

Matecks "camo--> mission" script works well. You can easily put your own camouflage into your mission. Also you can have same type of tank in few camo schemes in the same mission.

Graagh. What with RACS ERA version? wink_o.gif

It's gonna be my favourive replacement for the T-72 smile_o.gif

To be honest, at first i told Mateck that T-72AV should be only for Soviet/Russia since its not an export version. whistle.gif But since we have one for SLA, maybe there will be RACS version.

Tanks look good so far!

Will there be some MBTs without sign/marking = "pure basic" variants too? Only thinking about different islands and different mission scenarios.

darn, who was saying BIS T-72M1 model was accurate then? tounge2.gif

maybe someone once and for all will be able to change that dshk heavy mg with nsv?

and BTW, first really capable opponent from T-72s class was T-72B(M) with Kontakt-V era armor, which could hold out against M829A1 "Silver Bullets", but looking at M1A1's years of production, opponent should be T-72B.

and BTW, first really capable opponent from T-72s class was T-72B(M) with Kontakt-V era armor, which could hold out against M829A1 "Silver Bullets", but looking at M1A1's years of production, opponent should be T-72B.

At first plan was to make T-72B but it turned out to be time consuming work if we wanted to get it right. Since we still have to finish details on Abrams this T-72 is a "bonus" to fill the gap.

BTW: You should take a look at Vilas "VIBI" pack for T-72B ERA.

BTW: You should take a look at Vilas "VIBI" pack for T-72B ERA.

It's basically the same what you did: BI T-72 with random placed ERA blocks. Your T-72AV is even more accurate than that.

And yes, Gedis is right, Arma is missing a real M1A1 opponent like the T-72B obj. 90.

Gedis :

concerning NSV i agree, my T72 Era has NSV

concerning ERA, not, there are different types of ERA mounting in versions of T72, for example:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4134/t728hj0.jpg (like on my)

http://ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2006/11/images/johansson_t72_05.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....ic1.jpg

http://storage0.dms.go4it.ro/media/2/84/2031/2447576/21/t72-era.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7192/t72b1ia.jpg

so there is no "one good valid and proper" scheme of mounting ERA blocks

it is not "random placing" just when you saw one photo of T72 with Era you cannot say that 100% tanks have it placed in the same way

How about now?

Pic removed from repl.. shame on me crazy_o.gif

Simply beautiful notworthy.gif

Nice looking smoke-launcher, btw inlove.gif

@Mateck,

now it's looking like T-72AV.  thumbs-up.gif

@Vilas,

um you are wrong a bit, all T versions with ERA has it's own mountings. Like T-72AV has almost like T-80BV, T-72B has it's own, T-72S - it's, T-72B(M) has it's... Although concerning T-72AV and B or S... some of the ERA blocks may be removed from base version and maybe some added, it depends it's in field or just roled out of factory. ERA blocks are easily fitted or removed in field conditions, so it's no wonder why some pix have more or less ERA blocks.

Here is small presentation of new feature of our addons - custom textures.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cHbvGv6TyLI

Purpose of this movie is to show that textures are no longer based on .p3d model. Thanks to that mission makers will have opportunity to create unique textures for their missions without need to edit .pbo files of the addon.

Note that we added option to switch paint schemes during mission only for presentation purposes. It's up to mission maker to create script that will change textures during game. Also all textures presented in this movie are loaded from mission folder.

Basically this whole custom textures feature is based on setObjectTexture command and hiddenSelections.

Although that we didn't found any major issues in this feature, it wasn't tested in multiplayer game yet wink_o.gif

awesome  notworthy.gif

just that "modern russian" rofl.gif  camo has too much sand colour and it should be a bit darker.

here how it looks in may 9 victory parade on T-90:

"modern russian camo"

Well it depends on what picture you base. Colours can be easily adjusted but pattern is different story, template is very chaotic so its a hard work to make it all fit. Still... Its W.I.P.

img0718ev4.jpg

russianut9.jpg

awesome notworthy.gif

just that "modern russian" rofl.gif camo has too much sand colour and it should be a bit darker.

here how it looks in may 9 victory parade on T-90:

"modern russian camo"

Turning down saturation a bit should do the trick. Also paint scheme on era blocks is missing green color. T_Bone will fix that, I think tounge2.gif

hm... strange camo...

all i can tell that it's not modern crazy_o.gif

finaly:

first pix

btw, i remembered that this camo scheme was on almost all arms expositions xD