Sign in to follow this  
Tack-Up

USMC CH-46 WIP

Looking forward to this mod.  With CH-53E being worked on and the CH-46 too, the Marines are getting some badly needed rotory-wing support.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Tack-Up I really not intend to bother you...hell no I'm bothering you nener.gif

Any updates? I'm keeping an eye on this project now and it seemed so close to the finish...and now nothing for the past few weeks huh.gif

Sorry guys, im currently busy with real life. Hang in there a bit longer, and im sure you guys will see an update.

Just saw this topic and I await this release with great anticipation. I was a gunner instructor on Phrogs. The images look great.

The armament is two XM218 .50 cal MGs if anyone cares. Long barrel jackets and higher rate of fire.

Same goes for the Shitter (CH-53).

Hope its going well and looking forward to the release.

IYAOYAS

inlove.gifinlove.gif I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT inlove.gifinlove.gif

Hope to see this damn great addon soon on the battlefield yay.gif

Can't wait for this....now all we need is a UH1Y Huey with USMC Markings.

Thanks guy, and yes i was away and am now starting to work on it again. I still got a bunch to do though so yeah.

Things to do:

1.Add a little bit more detail in the textures (new from the first post)

2.Shift around the proxies.

3.Solve some rotor problems.

And thats basically it. I might have a pic for yall soon with the new textures.

hey man just so you know, Phrogs dont fly with engine covers over the intakes!!! How is the engine going to get air? They have a mesh wire cover over the intakes to keep f.o.d. from getting into the engine. fyi notworthy.gif

I do not know the CH46 details really well but maybe it could be Air filters.. put on for desert operations?..

Also seen on Egyptian Mi8 helicopters

eaf-mi8-2.jpg

Just about every aircraft that operated in the desert had filters. Even all the way back to African thatre Spitfires.

Hi, here's a view of a USMC CH-46E from the top side, if those kind

of cones that have in ront of the back engine is what the people

reffer to as "engine covers...", i've never seen any CH46E/D without

'em, not in photos of USMC ones, or the ones that i seen on the deck

of the spanish aircraft carryer called: "Principe de Asturias". The

smaller aircraft carryer of the universe... unless that in some other

planet someone has made one even smaller.

USMC CH-46E Top View.

Let's C ya

The Thai carrier Chakri Naruebet (albso built by the then called IZAR now Navantia, the same builders of the Principe de Asturias) is slightly smaller.

The Thai carrier is 182.6 m of lenght

The spanish one is 195.6 m.

Anyway, that's a relly good pic of a phrog. Looks very cool from that angle. I used to saw them in the spanish Rota naval station.

yeah.. cant wait for this baby... with door gunners and possibly a ramp gunner...

that would be sweet...

and a fast rope script with that so we can do some really nice fast rope insertions on the Sahrani airport wink_o.gif

speaking of whitch, anyone up for making a completely tropical Sahrani? (north + south)

that would be awsome together with this beauty!

Hi, *Mankyle, excuse but... wasn't the Principe de Asturias built

in Bazan?, and isn't the Thai or Philipine one bigger due to the

prolongation of the flight deck for the STOL?, at the end of the

"proa"; even my Captain laughted at the Principe de Asturias in

front of us and allowed us to laugh too (ever that we don't were

"too incisives..." with this question...) i could be wrong anyways,

i've never been in the TEAR, just in the TERNOR, so... who cares!?

anyway, i hope to have a CH-46E well textured, where carry my

Johnn's USMC v1.5 units, and that site (airliners.net) is a good

place from where get reference photos or even do textures from

those photos. Let's C ya

Sorry, you're right. At that time (the 80s) it was still called Bazán, then they changed the name to Izar when a couple of shipyards merged and then they changed the name again to their actual name of Navantia.

And for the actual data of the two pocket carriers.

Principe de Asturias

http://www.navantia.es/irj...._0_.xml

Chakri Naruebet

http://www.navantia.es/irj...._2_.xml

These are the official facts from the manufacturer. The Principe de Asturias is a good ship. I remember reading that in some war games a couple of years ago near the strait of Gibraltar they "sinked" the Theodore Roosevelt, and also it was the only carrier of the task force, (There were American french and italian ships) besides the Theodore Roosevelt, that didn't stop air operations during the wargame. (The french and Italian ships were moving so much that it was impossible for them to launch or recover aircraft).

Anyway. Have you tried talking with USMC mod team? They are working in a USMC mod circa 1985 so your bird would be extremely suitable for that kand of mod

Quote[/b] ]Hi, here's a view of a USMC CH-46E from the top side, if those kind

Those are the intake screens. And yes, those are shown on probably every photo of a Phrog that you've ever seen. If you look a just aft and below, you'll see the a coffee can sticking out the side of the intake housing. Thats the EAPS. I forget what that stands for, but when the airspeed drops to < 30 knts and power is applied the EAPS kicks in. Its a hydraulic powered blower that sucks the debris out of the intake before it gets to the engine. There are desert filters that can be fitted, but I've never seen any photos on the net.

Quote[/b] ]Its a hydraulic powered blower that sucks the debris out of the intake before it gets to the engine.

if you could have an animation that showed debris being blown out during takeoff and landing, that would be cool.

if you could have an animation that showed debris being blown out during takeoff and landing, that would be cool.

On behalf of me myself and I, I say it would be cool to have the chopper just in its pure existence already, rather than being delayed because of building in a lot of negligible features as openable cockpit post trap-doors, animated LCD displays in the back of the pilot's headboard and usable Xboxes for the passengers whistle.gifrofl.gif (Sorry no offense I just couldn't let it pass nener.gif )

Tack-Up good to see you still on the front, and I hope you won't get delayed with building in fancy but generally unnessecary features wink_o.gif . I can't wait to get_to_da_choppa.jpg

I'm not trying to put pressure on the guy to add needless bells and whistles. I was just explaining what was depicted in the photos, and what purpose it has. I think it would be a stellar achievement to accurately simulate the mechanical features of the CH46. Such as the three modes of the programmable rotor heads: Taxi, Hover, and Cruise, and the fact that if you try to takeoff in taxi mode you'll flip you're bird.

I appreciate everything that Modders bring to the table. Its the only reason I even play this bugged piece of junk in the first place. If it wasn't for them I be using the ArmA disc for a coaster.

And who do you see yourself as in this photo?

http://www.warfans.com/images/main/news/get_to_da_choppa.jpg

Are you holding Arnold's hand? Or are you over compensating with a big gun?

Are you holding Arnold's hand?  Or are you over compensating with a big gun?

Hehe I don't see myself it's just a bad joke I guess, I could have been use this pic maybe

http://www.iambesieged.com/images/choppa1.JPG

Just seems you didn't get it right biggrin_o.gif

I agree with you that little stuff built in can make differences, I like to see them too. I just hope that the honorable addonmakers don't overtake themselves, so that they get upset one time with some things they can't achieve, get fed up, and the addon never makes it to publicity. So for me, I will welcome this work with or without any special features, if it will be able to fly and transport some footsluggers on the field, I will be completely pleased.

PS: sorry if you felt a bit offensed, I didn't mean. Please don't take these kind of comments too seriously from me, I just have a way of showing the other side of the coin.

Regards!

Any updates?

Please stop bumping threads just asking for updates.

If the addonmaker would have some update to show or talk about he surely would post it here, no?

icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry w0lle, it wasn't to bump the thread, it's been nearly 1 month since tackup said his last update and in that update he did say that he was nearly done and new screens would be posted up soon, wanted to show that people are still looking forward to any info on it, and wanted to make sure he hasn't forgotten this thread or something.

Hi, here's a view of a USMC CH-46E from the top side, if those kind

USMC CH-46E Top View.

Let's C ya

this bird is from my unit as well =] haha HMM-774 Flying Goose