Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

I love the sounds of this mod but I can't use them as I can't hear in game voice comms or teamspeak whenever near or in a vehicle.

Hell I can't even hear myself think it's so loud.  

Way too loud on all vehicles.

Hope there is a way to make the vehicle sounds at a more playable level as for now back to default sounds so I can play.

I would say have a config just for "sound dampening sonic crack issues" then people can copy in much like you have for full / warfare config ... unless thats a real hassle to mess with.

Right, I'm back in the game....I'll have something posted over the next week, hopefully the last update to 1.5...

Hehehe, if anyone is still interested that is.

Right, I'm back in the game....I'll have something posted over the next week, hopefully the last update to 1.5...

Hehehe, if anyone is still interested that is.

Nice to see your back. Looking forward to the next update...

Good to hear you are back Mark. smile_o.gif

ArmA is better to hear with Mark's soundmod  biggrin_o.gif

great news!

Hi

I'm not sure how to start this post...its been alittle while and my last post had talk of updates.

Sadly, I've hit a nasty point in my life (R/L) and I can't really offer support for this addon anymore. I've got lots of stuff going on project wise and this has been a really hard choice for me to make as I know afew of you like hifi and have been eager for me to fix some issues for awhile now..Well all I can say is sorry...

I popped my public release cherry here lol and have alot of good memories, also looking back though the pages some really nice things have been said and despite afew 'issues' its been a great experience...So I want to THANKYOU ALL for posting here and I hope you gained some enjoyment from HiFi.

But...

That doesn't mean I'm gone from this community. I shall be back, the sound jebus doesn't die, he simply regroups and comes back brighter...

Enjoy life while you can

Sincere Regards

Mark XIII

We have to thank you for all great work and putting some new enjoyable sounds into ArmA!! I guess that more than 99% are playing ArmA with soundmods and dont want to go back to default ones. smile_o.gif

Take care!

Take care and many thanks for all the work you put in this project. It gave me many hours of joy and helped to bring Arma to high standard... notworthy.gif

Hi there,

Now I dunno if anyone has mentioned this but in newest version, that I just tried, the T72 has the sound of abrams and in reverse.

Posting that is pretty much moot point, as Mark had no intention on developing/updating this further. I will say this though, I never noticed that personally. Mark was never one to take such a short cut as lazily reversing a M1 and calling it a T72, as some sort of half-assed jabroni lol.  crazy_o.gif

I think what 11aTony mean is that the T72 has the sound of abrams and vice versa.

I gave Mark feedback about that when I tried it, the T72 whines like a turbine (abrams) and the abrams roars like a diesel (T72).

Doh!

either way nothing to worry about... rofl.gif

EDIT:

Sorry, yes you can switch them.. Just change the config sound paths around, or rename the sounds. I don't have that version of hifi on my pc anymore so I can't offer an example.