Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

I think its bloody brilliant, one of the best sound mods out there, but i have two very small problems.

Need a GAU8 sound!!

And i am a little confused as to why the M16A4 and the M16A4 with acog sounds different? Plonking a scope onto a rifle doesnt give it a different sound. I could be wrong however, as maybe a slightly different version of the rifle is used for more precise marksman ship

However, i totally love the cobra sounds, and the 249 and pretty much the rest of the addon, good work!

Quote[/b] ]And i am a little confused as to why the M16A4 and the M16A4 with acog sounds different? Plonking a scope onto a rifle doesnt give it a different sound. I could be wrong however, as maybe a slightly different version of the rifle is used for more precise marksman ship.

hehehe, the m16 sounds are all based on 1 sound, all I did was edit them slightly & change the trailoff sounds. I did this to add alittle variation to bigger firefights. You can have all 3 variants of the m16 firing and they should sound consistent together, without the sound phasing. hope this answers your question.

Best Regards

Mark XIII

oh, I forgot about the A10 cannon sound, I did add it to the config, but my poor config skills mean it doesn't get activated in game, if anyone wants to see if they can fix it, good on em!

Hi Mark,

Great Sound AddOn, i use it since v.1.3.1 and i love it.

Version 1.3.1 worked also good with Server Key and didnt made any Problems. I downlowded your new Version 1.4 and missed the ServerKey, but u made a Fix for and called it 1.4f, the Key File is in there, but if i connect now to the dedicatet Server it brings up a Failure Message like "erroneous signature (fehlerhafte Signatur in German)".

I think there is something wrong with the Key File, can u take a look on that please, i'm baging you on my Knees to do that, because we Plan and Test to have only a few AddOns allowed on our Public Servers and i would like to use HiFi in the Future, Thank you.

^^Ok mate will do, I'll get intouch with my key maker and see what he says..If we can get a new one sorted I'll post it and pm you as soon as..

EDIT

The very latest this will be fixed is tuesday evening, that much I will say

Glad your enjoying the mod!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

Thank you Mark for your quick reply on this Problem, you do a great Job wink_o.gif

oh, I forgot about the A10 cannon sound, I did add it to the config, but my poor config skills mean it doesn't get activated in game, if anyone wants to see if they can fix it, good on em!

Hi there well i checked as far as i can tell it won't activate in game because the file it is calling is not present in the addon. Great addon

Cheers

Tested and just couldn´t stand the heavy breathing (masturbation) sound .. until i removed it. Also the M4 sounds are pretty much the same like AK´s in FDF 1.3 so that was kinda weird to hear if youre accustomed to something. Afterall i reverted back to AACF.

After playing for a day I can also confirm that on some occasions the volume of a sound seems to drop. I was flying a lb and when something outside started firing the engine sound of the lb dropped in volume.

Also, in the previous version I could hear wind when accelerating in a chopper. That sounded really sweet but I can't hear it anymore with this version... Would be great to have that back.

The new cracks sound great as do all other sounds!

The new jet sounds, while still nowhere near what I'd like them to be are the best I've heard in Arma so far. Guess we can chop that one up to the sound engine...

After playing for a day I can also confirm that on some occasions the volume of a sound seems to drop. I was flying a lb and when something outside started firing the engine sound of the lb dropped in volume.

Yes, happened to me as well. Happens a few times while playing. It only happens if multiple sounds are being "played" around you.

The sounds go really low where you can only hear them really softly and than they come back up again. As if someone is slowly turning the sound button to 0 and than back up.

snoops_213

Quote[/b] ]Hi there well i checked as far as i can tell it won't activate in game because the file it is calling is not present in the addon.

Err, oops, that sounds like me for sure, I'll have a looksee, I may have taken it out of the config after it didn't work, which means I've probly moved the sounds too. It'll be somewhere on my HD...I'll have a look and see what I can find

Mr Burns

Quote[/b] ]Also the M4 sounds are pretty much the same like AK´s in FDF 1.3 so that was kinda weird to hear if youre accustomed to something. Afterall i reverted back to AACF.

Fairplay mate, although let me assure you, It's not FDF work, and for sure NO AK sound, I was messing around with my old m4+some R/L footage of M4 and thats what happened next..shame though I'm always on the lookout for new recruits!

Ateryu82

Quote[/b] ]After playing for a day I can also confirm that on some occasions the volume of a sound seems to drop. I was flying a lb and when something outside started firing the engine sound of the lb dropped in volume

Ok mate, gonna get alot of these comments going on, I shall repeat myself again. Arma has a built in 'sound dampening system', as far as I can tell, this is whats causing the issues with sudden sound loss, try sitting right next to a PK on full auto an you'll know what I mean! anyways, if anyone has a solution for this, please let me know, it does my head in too...funny though, it does work really well sometimes, I just wish I could change the 'duration of deafness' though..

Well, just got 1 question for you guys, how you liking the new M4 sound, as I mention above, its dang close to the real thing since I used a R/L capture..Its also alot shorter than most of the other weapon sounds within my pack, so I got to thinking, maybe try and create the same for the rest of the Assault rifles and give you a choice?, anyways get back to me else this will just stay an idea..

Best Regards

Mark XIII

K....Its up

SUPPRISE!!!!!!!

http://files.filefront.com/HiFiFX14f+RC27z/;10450305;/fileinfo.html

Some small changes;

-WORKING KEYS!!! (tried and tested by The .D)

-Adjusted volumes of the following as requested

-M2

-PK

-Dhskm

WARNING: ALL SERVER ADMINS PLEASE USE THE NEW .BIKEY INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD!!

^^just incase you forget!

Please enjoy

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

^ I do know what you mean mate! and it does support short loops, you've just gotta get the perfect loop, I'll look into it!

Regards

Mark XIII

Nah, no worries mate, like I said, I don't know about it, but I have the feeling that it may work.

Thanks for the link to Wavosaur, I got a condenser mike and a preamp, lots of guitars and other instruments that I love to play, and a "decent" PC, so I'm sure I'm going to take some advantage of that sound editor. I use Audacity and I find it brilliant, but I can't do WSS.

About the sound volume droping, I noticed this happaning to me when I'm in an air vehicle and I'm reciving fire, or if an explossion goes off loud. But I think this may be a hardware issue, because I noticed this mostly in the editor with around 150 units in a battle.

My only dislike in this pack is the breathing sounds, not the sound itself but the volume of it, because I was looking like a lunatic to see who was sneaking behind me crawling, and then I realiced that the sound was coming from an injured AT soldier about 150 or 200 metres away. confused_o.gif

I must say, this is the best sound mod I have ever come acros, and I really like it a lot, and about them loops, I'll do some experimentation and let you know what I find, I'm preaty sure that I can find something for you Sir smile_o.gif Not that you need hellp tho.

The M4 sound, I just love shoot the bloody thing again, specially the normal M4 with the field sight, looks more realistic lol. I really like what you done here.

Thanks Mark. Free beers in Wales for you from now on mate.

Thank you Mark, great work, i go and test it.

Great to see that u take so good Care of it wink_o.gif

Mark, I don't recall the drop in volume in your previous version. Maybe that helps.

Also, any thoughts on the wind sounds when flying? Really loved those!

The sounds themselves are fine imo, including the m4. Was assaulting this town yesterday with like 20+ infantry and it was chaos, really loved the immersion the sounds gave me!

I really like the sounds.... but the breathing. It has got to be turned down. If you are in a group of AI and they are all running you cant hear anything els, even if they are 100M from you.

If someone could point me in the right direction I will remove it.

Thanks for the effort you put into this mod.

ok ok ok, my breathing sounds are strange/crap/annoying...so I'll point those people in the right direction ^^

Quote[/b] ]

class Land; // External class reference

class Man : Land {};

class CAManBase : Man {

hitSound1[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit01", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound2[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit02", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound3[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit03", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound4[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit04", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound5[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit05", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound6[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit06", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound7[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit07", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound8[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit08", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound9[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit09", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound10[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit10", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound11[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit11", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound12[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit12", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound13[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit13", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound14[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit14", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound15[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit15", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound16[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit16", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound17[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit17", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound18[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit18", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound19[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit19", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound20[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit20", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound21[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit21", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound22[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit22", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound23[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit23", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound24[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit24", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound25[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit25", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound26[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit26", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound27[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit27", 3.4924, 1};

hitSound28[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit28", 2.4924, 1};

hitSound29[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit29", 3.4924, 1};

soundEngine[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\breath", 0.5924, 1};

hope that helps ya, tbh I think its clashing with the bis one, if you open the pbo, change the ws to wav and listen to it...its not that bad...still nevermind I wouldn't delete it just change the volume to ZERO.

Take it easy guys...

Regards Mark XIII

i know it's offtopic but can some one tell me what the last 2 numbers refer to?

hitSound1[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\fhit01", 3.4924, 1}

Thx zGuba, that sounds much better, i actuall made a version with the breath sound file from flashpoints FFUR mod by thunderbird. That also sounds pretty cool. But i think i prefer your fixed version.  wink_o.gif